IT.COM

discuss Share Your Good Reason : Why You Still Using Certain Registrar ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pay.My.id

Top Member
Impact
As domain consumers, we certainly have a different experience when registering a domain at a registrar. Could NP members share the great reasons why you still loyal to the registrar you use today.

Make sure that we don't attack any registrar , we need to respect the policies of each registrar. It would be better if you also included a sample domain that was registered there

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've only used Godaddy since the very beginning, because they were the only trustworthy registrar at the time. I am comfortable with their interface and haven't had any major issues. They recently improved their domain management area so that helps. They have much to improve still though...

I haven't fully committed to other registrars yet, because I feel like they are not really as established. Last year i think i saw PorkBun getting alot of votes by domainers and recently it's suddenly getting little to no votes. People jump on bandwagons and registers offering temporary too good to be true deals. And the next year they are dissapointed and shocked.

With Godaddy, From crazy coupon codes in the past to now the discount club... i never have to worry about price changes, or customer service 24/7, etc. I think Godaddy has more to lose while many other registrars can close down tomorrow and it's just another namepros post and we move on. I thought Uniregistry would slowly get better, but now Godaddy owns them lol

I do want to see serious competition though. But if i'm not facing a major problem, i'm not gonna fix what's not broken just to follow bandwagons.

Respect and learn from your experience on your favourite registrar for long time @Rory Ivey

•••
•••
Love that epik’s CEO @Rob Monster is active here, treats everyone same, while lowest .com prices (8.49) and free privacy plus more. Why epik’s winning 2020 best poll. love ❤️ epik

Samer

Respect and learn on your favorite registrar @Samer

•••
Epik and has been for over 4 years.

1. Customer Service is the main reason. I had never heard of Epik and bought a name that the seller pushed to me there. I had an issue and emailed their support at about midnight, expecting my answer the next day. To my surprise I had an immediate response and it was from the company CEO, non the less. That won my business.

2 Value. The complete package value is incomparable; Price of registrations, renewals and transfers coupled with Free privacy, low commission marketplace that is teamed with free landers that allow an immediate purchase to be made.

3. Innovation. They are never complacent but constantly on the search to try a build a better mousetrap. The entrepreneur in my LOVES that.

Important point and really appreciate and respect on your decision to use favourite registrar @NamesMax

•••
Respect for your favourite registrar @FolioTeam
Never said it was my favorite registrar. Just a registrar I still have to deal with from time to time. My favorite is actually Dynadot

•••
Thank to clarify your favourite registrar @FolioTeam

•••
Better UI, Competitive pricing and Good support.

•••
I pick Dynadot because I love there interface it's user friendly and there support are available almost all the time, also the support many form of payment and even the rare ones like Skrill..i ude both skrill and PayPal,
Lastly I feel very secured with Dynadot,

I actually started with Namesilo but I meet dynadot and I feel in love

80% of my names are with Dynadot

Two other Registra am looking at now are
Epik and Porkbun

Am gradually falling in love with porkbun more because the operate almost same way with Dynadot but Dynadot remains the best..As for Epik I have not had any success with them yet so am still trying them out with few of my names.

•••
Because I have never been let down by Namecheap's support. Always fast and on point, compared to Godaddy for example.

•••
•••
I pick Dynadot because I love there interface it's user friendly and there support are available almost all the time, also the support many form of payment and even the rare ones like Skrill..i ude both skrill and PayPal,
Lastly I feel very secured with Dynadot,

I actually started with Namesilo but I meet dynadot and I feel in love

80% of my names are with Dynadot

Two other Registra am looking at now are
Epik and Porkbun

Am gradually falling in love with porkbun more because the operate almost same way with Dynadot but Dynadot remains the best..As for Epik I have not had any success with them yet so am still trying them out with few of my names.

Respect and understand on your decision to pick a registrar @FavourB

•••
Because I have never been let down by Namecheap's support. Always fast and on point, compared to Godaddy for example.

Respect on your experience to choose your favourite registrar @Drongy

•••
I feel loyal to many...

Namecheap was my first registrar and I still have dozens of names there. Especially with promotions, some prices good. I have interfaced a number of times with their help system and without exception it was efficient, prompt, accurate and helpful. Like that they are now an Afternic FT premium network registrar. I feel loyal to them.

Epik. How epic is it that you can interact with a CEO, mention something to them as a suggestion, and have it implemented the next day? Pretty epic! I also super love how elegant you can make your landers, even have links, and that they have super flexible payment options. They have, for domainers only, great pricing on many TLDs. I have over 25% of my domain names there. Their interface is not as simple as, say Dynadot, but offers lots of power user features. Nice to be able to see visits, whois queries, etc.

NameSilo for me their interface took some warming up to, but I love the transparency of their prices, and they seem competitive in almost all extensions. Push super easy, other domainers like it when a domain is there. Landers good. They have their own marketplace with good commissions. They are both Sedo, Afternic enabled. I like that you can set payment plans there.

Dynadot If I was recommending a registrar to someone with modest number of domain names and new it would be this one, just because their interface is so easy to navigate and clear. They have their own marketplace with decent landers, great pricing on many TLDs, nice array of available extensions, are both Sedo and Afternic premium.

DomainCostClub I think this is a gem that many don't know about. With membership you don't get just a discount, you get true wholesale pricing. On all TLDs they handle. I have the plan that limits to 49 there, and sometimes I get better prices elsewhere, despite wholesale, and they don't handle a couple of TLDs I like, but overall efficient, great value. No marketplace and no Sedo Afternic premium fast transfer though. Otherwise I probably would spring for the unlimited membership.

GoDaddy To much of the world, registrar means GoDaddy. I don't have that many names there, but no problems personally with any that I do. I wish I did not have to pay almost $100 to get competitive prices on many TLDs (and I did not pay, is why I do not have many there). Can see it is a good solution for those with big portfolios who want to consolidate and the discount membership makes sense.

Name.com I love their monthly specials, but otherwise pricing good but not quite at Epik or Dynadot or NameSilo in general. I have a couple dozen names there. Their user interface in my mind is very good.

Gandi I have a few dozen names there, on some TLDs their prices are good for registration particularly. They have first class features for forwarding, DNS etc, and to me their interface is good (at first had trouble figuring out their cart which is not intuitive to me). Not a Sedo or Afternic partner though, or I might use them more, and no marketplace.

Porkbun On many names, Porkbun have the lowest prices by a few cents. I have had more names in past, but down to just a couple there now. Which I feel a little disloyal, as they say, it is an oddly satisfying experience. I like the playful way they name things and interact. I am pretty sure will have more there in future.

I don't use Uniregistry, but feel I should, and will probably look into it.

Bob

•••
I feel loyal to many...

Namecheap was my first registrar and I still have dozens of names there. Especially with promotions, some prices good. I have interfaced a number of times with their help system and without exception it was efficient, prompt, accurate and helpful. Like that they are now an Afternic FT premium network registrar. I feel loyal to them.

Epik. How epic is it that you can interact with a CEO, mention something to them as a suggestion, and have it implemented the next day? Pretty epic! I also super love how elegant you can make your landers, even have links, and that they have super flexible payment options. They have, for domainers only, great pricing on many TLDs. I have over 25% of my domain names there. Their interface is not as simple as, say Dynadot, but offers lots of power user features. Nice to be able to see visits, whois queries, etc.

NameSilo for me their interface took some warming up to, but I love the transparency of their prices, and they seem competitive in almost all extensions. Push super easy, other domainers like it when a domain is there. Landers good. They have their own marketplace with good commissions. They are both Sedo, Afternic enabled. I like that you can set payment plans there.

Dynadot If I was recommending a registrar to someone with modest number of domain names and new it would be this one, just because their interface is so easy to navigate and clear. They have their own marketplace with decent landers, great pricing on many TLDs, nice array of available extensions, are both Sedo and Afternic premium.

DomainCostClub I think this is a gem that many don't know about. With membership you don't get just a discount, you get true wholesale pricing. On all TLDs they handle. I have the plan that limits to 49 there, and sometimes I get better prices elsewhere, despite wholesale, and they don't handle a couple of TLDs I like, but overall efficient, great value. No marketplace and no Sedo Afternic premium fast transfer though. Otherwise I probably would spring for the unlimited membership.

GoDaddy To much of the world, registrar means GoDaddy. I don't have that many names there, but no problems personally with any that I do. I wish I did not have to pay almost $100 to get competitive prices on many TLDs (and I did not pay, is why I do not have many there). Can see it is a good solution for those with big portfolios who want to consolidate and the discount membership makes sense.

Name.com I love their monthly specials, but otherwise pricing good but not quite at Epik or Dynadot or NameSilo in general. I have a couple dozen names there. Their user interface in my mind is very good.

Gandi I have a few dozen names there, on some TLDs their prices are good for registration particularly. They have first class features for forwarding, DNS etc, and to me their interface is good (at first had trouble figuring out their cart which is not intuitive to me). Not a Sedo or Afternic partner though, or I might use them more, and no marketplace.

Porkbun On many names, Porkbun have the lowest prices by a few cents. I have had more names in past, but down to just a couple there now. Which I feel a little disloyal, as they say, it is an oddly satisfying experience. I like the playful way they name things and interact. I am pretty sure will have more there in future.

I don't use Uniregistry, but feel I should, and will probably look into it.

Bob

Respect on your experience @Bob Hawkes , you have many good point when use different registrar

•••
GoDaddy. Far and away the largest customer base and most well known brand in the field.
I sell to end users. It just makes it easier.

In general, I am also happy with the quality of service they provide.

Brad

•••
GoDaddy. Far and away the largest customer base and most well known brand in the field.
I sell to end users. It just makes it easier.

In general, I am also happy with the quality of service they provide.

Brad

Respect on your experience @bmugford to use your favourite registrar.

•••
Pricing, Customer Service and Security.

•••
•••
One Year Plus in Domaining

Started with Namesilo, very responsive and price friendly.

For now it has been Epik, I love their user interface and also their promo offers. Very much responsive too.

•••
I have accounts with 3 registrars.

Of 3 I find Epik to be most innovative. They sort of have a " bottom of the pyramid" approach, and try to make the bottom much bigger and stronger. In the long run, I feel they will be tough competition to big names.

But,

As they scale, will they be able to give the same customer service? Or will Epik be a takeover target?

•••
One Year Plus in Domaining

Started with Namesilo, very responsive and price friendly.

For now it has been Epik, I love their user interface and also their promo offers. Very much responsive too.

Respect on your decision to use your favourite registrar @Votumejero

•••

Of 3 I find Epik to be most innovative. They sort of have a " bottom of the pyramid" approach, and try to make the bottom much bigger and stronger. In the long run, I feel they will be tough competition to big names.

But,

As they scale, will they be able to give the same customer service? Or will Epik be a takeover target?

Respect for whatever your decision when use some registrar you trust @koolishman

•••

But,

Thanks for the kind words.

It is true that we have created a culture of empowering everyone, regardless of their present circumstance. We believe everyone has the potential to be great so we would be fools to discount their potential. This has allowed us to create a true culture of co-creation and shared mission. This is pretty unique.

As we grow, our goal is not to be the biggest, but to be best. We will know we are succeeding when we have genuinely empowered as many people as possible to achieve their God-given purpose. Lord-willing we will continue to get to do that.

Looking ahead, we are doing what we can to design for scale, and to preserve sovereignty as an independent provider. In the scenario of becoming part of a larger entity, it would be conditional on aligning with an organization that could allow us to increase our impact.

•••
Thanks for the kind words.

It is true that we have created a culture of empowering everyone, regardless of their present circumstance. We believe everyone has the potential to be great so we would be fools to discount their potential. This has allowed us to create a true culture of co-creation and shared mission. This is pretty unique.

As we grow, our goal is not to be the biggest, but to be best. We will know we are succeeding when we have genuinely empowered as many people as possible to achieve their God-given purpose. Lord-willing we will continue to get to do that.

Looking ahead, we are doing what we can to design for scale, and to preserve sovereignty as an independent provider. In the scenario of becoming part of a larger entity, it would be conditional on aligning with an organization that could allow us to increase our impact.

Good luck, Rob!

Interesting to read and observe you as a CEO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back