IT.COM

analysis SH premium domains seem to no longer be profitable for wholesale sellers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NewDayBrand

Today is a Brand New DayEstablished Member
Impact
Hello dear all,

I've sold more than 100 squadhelp premium domains in SH wholesale Market and on Namepros and it was a way to make some cash when I needed it. I sold some very interesting names listed on Squadhelp at over $4K for $40 and I thought the ROI was good enough for me. Of course for someone who has patience to wait and maybe pay 2 or 3 years of renewal, the ROI will be far more interesting. Hence the interest of this kind of deals where everyone can be a winner..

I buy this kind of domains usually in auctions and it happened to me to pay sometimes $20 dollars for a name that I sold afterwards when I needed liquidity at $45 or $50. So far so good. But the problem now is that, given the offers proposed by the buyers, selling premium SH names at wholesale price seems to be no longer a profitable business. (we see people requesting SH names for $10, $15 or $20 in the requests section).

I know that the SH market contains more than 600K names and that it is usually difficult to sell at SH because of the competition. But is this a reason to make wholesale deals almost impossible?

I'm not a business expert, and I would love to have someone competent share their thoughts and analysis with us regarding this phenomenon: declining prices of premium SH in wholesale and the wholesale market for selling premium SH, and brandables in general.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Courtesy bump due to this thread having been stuck in the moderation queue until now (~2 months later).

•••
Wholesale marketing to other domainers is not a winning business strategy. You might have better luck removing and selling on Afternic. Or set your acceptable wholesale pricing on SH and forget about it.

I guess you have learned something. Reason being vast majority of domainers are cheap and want something for nothing. And you are right massive amount of competition has made attempting to extract more money difficult. The resale market for any of these places is dead.

•••
the SH market contains more than 600K names

The SH market contains more than 100k names, not 600k

Solid brandable names will always sell wholesale with no problem, 1 to 2% minimum.

I know this because I will buy them myself.

If you have any good brandables that you'd like to sell wholesale, please PM me.

Last edited:
•••
I think this threat is even more relevant today I'd love to hear more feedback :)

•••
Back