IT.COM

news sex.crypto sells for 230 ETH

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovedomains

Established Member
Impact
Earlier today, the domain 'sex.crypto' sold for 230 ETH, or approximately $90,000 at press time. The domain extension .crypto is generated by Unstoppable Domains and is censorship-resistant. The transaction, which occurred on OpenSea's token marketplace, was completed by a user named Maxstealth. Currently, he owns 196 .crypto domains in total. [Read all]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, I believe 2 letter extensions are also reserved for country code extensions.
I was referring to this "decentralized: extension...

•••
Has anyone considered the buyer and seller of sex.crypto may be the same person or part of a consortium? Perhaps to generate a bit of buzz for unstoppable domains? Don't get me wrong, I like the .crypto concept and have bought a couple but this seems a bit of a ridiculous purchase for a hugely uncertain future technology.

•••
Currently, Android's Opera browser resolves. Just type the domain in the url box. Eventually, more will work, IMO.

The same trouble and shitstorm was exactly the same, when .xxx TLD starts. Same arguments, same trouble and how to acces this and that....and now its one of teh favorite niche domain in the adult industry.
So in fact, do not run in front before things became alive.

•••
wow imagine all the great real names u can buy for 100k

but hey..if u got money too waste...its still yer money

•••
Bought by an ETH whale, interesting

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back