NameSilo

Service that keeps track of historical prices

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by F21VM, Sep 11, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. F21VM

F21VM New Member

Is there a domain purchasing service out there that keeps track of historical prices on specific domains? I do that in my own excel but a reasonably priced SaaS solution would be nicer (and more accurate)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Namebio.com has a lot of reported sales

3. MysticHero

MysticHero Established Member

Namebio.com and Shortnames.com both provide historical prices on most auctioned domains.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

NameBio is your best source by far. It also has a powerful search engine making it easy to find comparators.
    DNPric.es also provides sales information.
    Note that any source will just have a subset of sales, though, as many venues do not report.
    Anyone can individually report their sales to NameBio using a form they have (give details and attach verification).
    Bob

5. F21VM

F21VM New Member

I know of Namebio. They list 'sold' price of domains. I'm looking for historical price changes of a domain that hasn't sold yet. I'm interested in seeing how the domain owner is changing the price through time.

6. brandpainvestment

brandpainvestment Established Member

NameBio.com is the largest right now.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

Dofo provide data on current marketplace prices, but as far as I know you can’t track it from past. Might be an interesting idea for a paid service they could offer. @Macit
    Bob

8. Macit

Macit Founder of dofo.com Dofo Staff ICA Member Gold Account

We have the price data since 2017.
    In 2018, we were listing all the price changes on the domain detail page, but then we didn't continue to show it publicly. Also, some domainers weren't happy with that because they don't want others to see the price changes :xf.smile:

"I do that in my own excel but a reasonably priced SaaS solution would be nicer (and more accurate)."

I don't know how many people really want to pay for such a product. 10, 100? :xf.wink:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice