NameSilo

Sending email using privacyservice

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by topdom, Dec 4, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

What happens if we email to [email protected] , [email protected] ...

I sent an email to 5 people (one of them was an actual buyer, probably a middleman), and to myself (using my domain).
    My email to myself went to spam folder. Normal it doesn't happen. Also it arrived late.
    I very rarely send such messages.

Can this happen because I use a privacy-email-redirect service. Email arrived late, so maybe it was not even a redirect, they check it, and then "forward".

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Your email (an address you was sending from) is likely configured with some anti-spam technology, such as SPF (senders policy framework), this is done using DNS. Basically, the receiving server is checking whether your email arrived from legitimate mail server, which you use to send emails and which you (or your email provider) mentioned in SPF configuration. Now, if you are sending email to @ superprivacy .com, the privacy service is forwarding it to the real (hidden) destination email: somebody @ johndoe .com. The mail system used by johndoe .com will therefore find that your email was NOT originated from your mail server (determined via SPF), as it was in fact delivered via superprivacy mail server. No SPF match --> likely it is spam.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice