Dynadot

Selling Starter Websites on Flippa

NameSilo
Watch

Chet Dembeck

Established Member
Impact
Is there still a market for selling starter Websites on Flippa, or is this market gone.

Like to hear from anyone who did or is still selling in this market, if there is such a market.

Thanks,

CED

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...Like to hear from anyone who did or is still selling in this market, if there is such a market.
I'd be interested in such input as well :xf.smile:

Bump!

•••
You need to better define starter site: as years ago "mini site" with 1 page or 2? or a developed site with the hint of traffic, unique contentment, etc.

People define them very broadly - 1, if you look at closed sales - it doesn't look like there is a market... but 2. there seems to be some good and some ok, but sales, it's hard to find a real repeatable logic in the pricing. But I haven't spent enough time on that just yet.

Just some observations, hopefully helpful & I am looking forwards to other's responses as well. Great question, thanks for starting it.

•••
Is there still a market for selling starter Websites on Flippa, or is this market gone.

Like to hear from anyone who did or is still selling in this market, if there is such a market.

Thanks,

CED
You need to better define starter site: as years ago "mini site" with 1 page or 2? or a developed site with the hint of traffic, unique contentment, etc.

People define them very broadly - 1, if you look at closed sales - it doesn't look like there is a market... but 2. there seems to be some good and some ok, but sales, it's hard to find a real repeatable logic in the pricing. But I haven't spent enough time on that just yet.

Just some observations, hopefully helpful & I am looking forwards to other's responses as well. Great question, thanks for starting it.

Some say there was a market, but that it died. I, like you, hope someone who is presently in it, knows. Maybe they will reply. Thanks.

•••
it's gone already.... wordpress has been so common along with thousands or even millions guide and tutorial for making almost any type of website....

•••
it's gone already.... wordpress has been so common along with thousands or even millions guide and tutorial for making almost any type of website....

Thanks. One thing I've noticed is that there is always a lot of hype around an online niche when it is happening, but very little talk when it dies.

I suspected that it was over for flipping simple sites because of the lack of buzz and sales on various sites. Just looking for some confirmation. What you say makes sense.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. One thing I've noticed is that there is always a lot of hype around an online niche when it is happening, but very little talk when it dies.

internet marketeer were racing against time in order to sell whatever mumbo jumbo they have and make ripple/wave effect

•••
•••
You need to better define starter site

Don't Flippa have a specific definition of content websites 6 month and less old? Or has that changed? I am not saying that is a good definition, but I am pretty sure at one point they did define it that way.

No matter the definition, I think there will be cases where a small website adds value, but they are probably rare. I think having something unique, professional in appearance, and with content not freely available will be what matters. And of course some indication of effective or potential monetization at some level.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Don't Flippa have a specific definition of content websites 6 month and less old? Or has that changed. I am not saying that is a good definition, but I am pretty sure at one point they did define it that way.

No matter the definition, I think there will be cases where a small website adds value, but they are probably rare. I think having something unique, professional in appearance, and with content not freely available will be what matters. And of course some indication of effective or potential monetization at some level.

Bob

Valuable and well thought out points.

•••

Thanks,

CED
I don't think starter site still sell on Flippa or anywhere, except if the domain is truly of high quality or the design is custom and rare.

People these days care only about the revenues and that's what it should be. If you are selling a site that has zero revenue stream, people won't pay any attention.

•••
I don't think starter site still sell on Flippa or anywhere, except if the domain is truly of high quality or the design is custom and rare.

People these days care only about the revenues and that's what it should be. If you are selling a site that has zero revenue stream, people won't pay any attention.

Makes sense. No one is starstruck by pretty sites with non revenue and unrealized potential. Got it.

•••
I think those who have websites for sale, are not offering them as much because....

maybe they figured, that it's best to keep it and stack the duckies they get out of it,
rather than sell for the pennies being offered for them

also, there is a websites for sale section here
https://www.namepros.com/forums/services.256/

imo...

•••
I think those who have websites for sale, are not offering them as much because....

maybe they figured, that it's best to keep it and stack the duckies they get out of it,
rather than sell for the pennies being offered for them

also, there is a websites for sale section here

imo...
Could be. Good point.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back