Dynadot

marketplace Selling on your own lander and Afternic? Afternic says you cannot offer the name lower

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
This Afternic twitter convo is getting a little heated. I am not sure it’s the best look and wonder how many people might pull their names out of Afternic? John Berryhill chimed in with That’s something I wrote about many years ago, now if I recall domainers were supposed to be able to opt out […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have my BIN landers on Sedo priced in GBP now - got a price request via Afternic this week and after factoring the cost of converting from GBP to USD, the commission difference and wire cost I made sure the price at Sedo was the cheaper option by 15%......

If anyone wants my domains through Afternic they are going to have to pay a 10% - 25% premium (depending on the domain) for me having to deal with them.... or they can use the Sedo lander......Their choice

If Godaddy don't like it, they can do one.......

•••
I have my BIN landers on Sedo priced in GBP now - got a price request via Afternic this week and after factoring the cost of converting from GBP to USD, the commission difference and wire cost I made sure the price at Sedo was the cheaper option by 15%......

If anyone wants my domains through Afternic they are going to have to pay a 10% - 25% premium (depending on the domain) for me having to deal with them.... or they can use the Sedo lander......Their choice

Same. I moved 2 leads from Dan to sedo past month. 25% Vs 3% + some.

Both sold and payed. The 'discount' you can offer matters.

•••
I not's use Bin Laden on most of my domains I prefer Make Offer. :ROFL:

•••

I did the same price disparity after their recent commission update.

Last edited:
•••
For most of domains , I use own lander . Afternic still good and has no competitor , but its possible new player will come and change the game in the future when they can build large network similar to AF and invest in smart marketing massively.

•••
I'm using PCrew and Bodis for parking with the 'inquire about this domain' link on the landing page.

As soon as I being interacting with the potential buyer, I let them know if they use my preferred marketplace the price I offer is what they will pay. Any other marketplace will have up to a 16% fee added to cover the additional fees charged.

So far, no one is interested in paying more once I explain the situation to them.

•••
I'm using PCrew and Bodis for parking with the 'inquire about this domain' link on the landing page.

As soon as I being interacting with the potential buyer, I let them know if they use my preferred marketplace the price I offer is what they will pay. Any other marketplace will have up to a 16% fee added to cover the additional fees charged.

So far, no one is interested in paying more once I explain the situation to them.
I had similar exp with Bodis, no reply back after I contact them about their offer, this are probably bots, the IP was also from Philippines, not a rich country from what i know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back