IT.COM

Selling domains containing 'Google'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Domains containing google have sold at venues such as Uniregistry, DropCatch, NameJet, MarkMonitor, GoDaddy, Afternic, Sedo, and NetFleet.

**note sedo hasn't sold a google domain since 2008. maybe they monitor that keyword now?**

https://namebio.com/?s==MjMxYzMyUTM
upload_2017-11-29_0-35-20.png

There is even a live 'google' domain for sale on DropCatch home page...
upload_2017-11-29_0-41-2.png

Is it legally OK for DropCatch to sell GoogleWhack.com? Is it legally OK to bid on GoogleWhack.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Funny thing is, I just checked and they must have let it drop down the road. Either that or they got a letter from big g. :)

•••
Hey @namesilo

Does Namesilo.com not care about the legal interest that may follow to some of their customers should they purchase a trademarked domain?

upload_2018-1-12_18-50-40.png

Recently, DropCatch.com removed a trademark domain from their auction, with what I believe was in the best interest to the industry, and their customers. See the thread where DropCatch took action, and set a standard HERE

@namesilo -- Please let NamePros know when management decides to remove obvious trademarked domains (such as those containing 'google) from their marketplace. It would be nice if the Namesilo.com would stop ignoring these oversights that, unfortunately, if left untreated, continue to stain the entire industry. ie clean up your mess.

You receive high marks amongst domainers as a registrar, and rightfully so, but in my mind, the allowing of such trademarked domains to be sold on your marketplace shows a lack of concern (or interest) in the better interest of your customers.

Note: Namesilo.com has now been included in this thread tags since they insist to operate with what I believe to be gross negligence regarding the matter of their marketplace selling domains containing 'google'.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @namesilo

Does Namesilo.com not care about the legal interest that may follow to some of their customers should they purchase a trademarked domain?

Show attachment 77772

Recently, DropCatch.com removed a trademark domain from their auction, with what I believe was in the best interest to the industry, and their customers. See the thread where DropCatch took action, and set a standard HERE

@namesilo -- Please let NamePros know when management decides to remove obvious trademarked domains (such as those containing 'google) from your marketplace. It would be nice if the Namesilo.com would stop ignoring these oversights that, unfortunately, if left untreated, continue stain the entire industry. ie clean up your mess.

You receive high marks amongst domainers as a registrar, and rightfully so, but in my mind, the allowing of such trademarked domains to be sold on your marketplace shows a lack of concern (or interest) in the better interest of your customers.

Note: Namesilo.com has now been included in this thread tags since they insist to operate with what I believe to be gross negligence regarding the matter of their marketplace selling domains containing 'google'.
Others allow it too. Search namebio.
https://namebio.com/?s==MDOwEzN3UTM

•••
Others allow it too. Search namebio.
https://namebio.com/?s==MDOwEzN3UTM

🤦 ... see my OP.
Domains containing google have sold at venues such as Uniregistry, DropCatch, NameJet, MarkMonitor, GoDaddy, Afternic, Sedo, and NetFleet.

You may think I am being overly harsh with this kind of notice. And not that whomever is in control of @namesilo username actually has any say in the matter, earlier this week, I sent them a heads up message. Hopefully my above post, in addition to my direct message, will help management reach a decision regarding their marketplace approving the sale obvious trademarked domains such as .coms that contain google, sooner than later.

Last edited:
•••
🤦 ... see my OP.

You may think I am being overly harsh with this kind of notice. And not that whomever is in control of @namesilo username actually has any say in the matter, earlier this week, I sent them a heads up message. Hopefully my above post, in addition to my direct message, will help management reach a decision regarding their marketplace approving the sale obvious trademarked domains such as .coms that contain google, sooner than later.
Sounds like business to me. Your point sounds constructive. I'm not really familiar with all the ramifications.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back