Dynadot

advice Selling a brandable domain to a pharmaceuticals company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aristeidis Lykas

Established Member
Impact
I have a killer domain name for a drug in a specific category (domain name ending in "-pril"). Has anyone managed to sell a domain name to a pharmaceuticals company at a good price and how did they manage to do it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You wait for them to contact you and be cognizant of any existing or pending trademarks. You don’t contact them.

In recent years, trade pharmaceutical brands tend to be lower caliber made up names. I think they just generate some unregistered jumble of letters…lol. (Example Skyrizzi— seen many others of even lower quality.)

•••
What does pril mean? Namebio has less than 10 sales reported that end with pril and all are April related.

•••
Prilosec is a TM otc medication.

I'm not aware of any generic drug meaning for "pril" so I don't see much application in this case.

•••
I see generic branded Lisinopril on sale for 177K 🤦‍♂️. If these companies wanted these generic branded names they would acquire them many many years ago. They don’t put any effort (money) into their newly branded drugs nowadays let alone generic brands.

Last edited:
•••
I see generic branded Lisinopril on sale for 177K

Nice catch.

I had found cilazapril after the fact.

Full disclosure, I hand regged a name just a few days back with a potential pharma brand in mind, as simply a one-off $4.99 "punt".

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back