news Sellers Can't Sell Coronavirus Domain Names on Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, are they allowing Corona Virus domains to be sold on NamePros?

•••
Good morning all,

In reply to your posts:

@biggie @Bernard Wright , I completely understand and I simply reply to what is submitted to us. We do not serve the rights to dictate the asking prices of our users. We are currently discussing a 0.0003% of the total DAN.COM inventory that was removed due to unique circumstances that have negative global effects. If we where to impose caps we would be regulating the prices. By not aiding the sales of the corona related domains we do not dictate our users but simply refrain from offering the service.

Since our existence we have always communicated all major changes through social channels like Twitter and Namepro's. However, I agree with you all that we should have notified you through email as well.

Hope you all have a great day!

•••
If people ACTUALLY want to do some good at this time, here are some ideas:

- DON'T register covid domains, but instead DONATE those funds to a reputable charity. Charity Navigator is good resource for making sure your funds will actually be put to good use. (My charity of choice for covid is Matthew 25 Ministries, a local charity with a rare 100/100 score.)

- Donate food to your local food bank

- Donate supplies to proper organizations and hospitals (items like face masks, exam gloves, etc)

- Have a domain sale and donate the funds to charity (please provide details and proof of your donations!)

•••
If people ACTUALLY want to do some good at this time, here are some ideas:

- DON'T register covid domains, but instead DONATE those funds to a reputable charity. Charity Navigator is good resource for making sure your funds will actually be put to good use. (My charity of choice for covid is Matthew 25 Ministries, a local charity with a rare 100/100 score.)

- Donate food to your local food bank

- Donate supplies to proper organizations and hospitals (items like face masks, exam gloves, etc)

- Have a domain sale and donate the funds to charity (please provide details and proof of your donations!)
If cbd became the cure for some form of eg cancer should you not profit and if these covid names prove to be a waste to 99% of owners should we care or just a lesson learned. I personally think it would be a liability to try register any but i am all for what freedom there is left to erode.

Last edited:
•••
Good morning all,

In reply to your posts:

@biggie @Bernard Wright , I completely understand and I simply reply to what is submitted to us. We do not serve the rights to dictate the asking prices of our users. We are currently discussing a 0.0003% of the total DAN.COM inventory that was removed due to unique circumstances that have negative global effects. If we where to impose caps we would be regulating the prices. By not aiding the sales of the corona related domains we do not dictate our users but simply refrain from offering the service.

Since our existence we have always communicated all major changes through social channels like Twitter and Namepro's. However, I agree with you all that we should have notified you through email as well.

Hope you all have a great day!

Whao! You finally agree that you should have NOTIFIED YOUR CUSTOMERS DIRECTLY? 😲

My last 19 names with you have been re-pointed. I will close my account with you shortly.

One day, when the time is ripe, I will detail in full here and on Twitter, in full, my experience with @DAN.COM as regards this issue. ☺

Last edited:
•••
Good decision i appreciate decision of Reza and Team

•••
Very interesting.
I made an opinion thread about this very issue and most people seemed to agree it was "not the time to profit" as this is a global issue. As others said I didn't think the domains had intrinsic value to begin with.

•••
Appreciate on DAN decision to remove corona /covid related domains from their marketplace. But personally I also appreciate with some users opinion,they should to get notification , so they could change or move domain to another marketplace immadiately

DAN is one of domain marketplace , where DAN get traffic from park domain or domain that use their nameserver. Corona / covid domain has many traffic , if there is 1500 domain and every domain give 10 - 15 traffic daily , DAN would get new traffic 15.000 22,500 / day based these corona domain ... If DAN inform users by email before removing their domains, so they would lose huge pandemic traffic, cause every owners would change name server or move to another marketplace.

Its only my simple analyse, don't believe with my opinion . I try to see from SEO perspective

😂 😂 I never looked at it from the 'traffic' perspective.

Makes one helluva 'corona hypocrite' out of @DAN.COM if they took domains off to prevent 'sales at exorbitant prices' , only to not notify owners in order to enjoy the 'corona traffic'. 😂 😂 😂

Anyone got an email notification yet from @DAN.COM , cos I still haven't got one? Just in case I missed it. 😊

Last edited:
•••
I sold coronaviruspandemic.com on the GoDaddy "premium listings", but not the auction. You can still sell on their using their Premium Listings. I also currently have coronavirushelp.com coronavirusinfo.com, covid19news.com, etc... on their premium listing if you want to verify it. Flippa and Epik also allow sales of corona domains.

•••
What's crazy is that the NY attorney general came across one scam site related to a coronavirus domain, and so suddenly anyone who owns a corona domain is a scammer? And because of one case, all of the registrars stop listing coronavirus domains because of one idiot AG? Seems a little extreme, lol. Hard to believe the registrars hurt so many people, including buys who could put the names to good use, all over one AG? Talk about cowards kissing some butt, lol. And is if an AG is an expert in domains. Give me a break. I have the best corona domains around of coronavirushelp.com, coronavirusinfo, covid19pandemic, covid19help, covid19info, covid19news, etc.... Those names could be very useful to the right people and used as a great resource in the pandemic. Like I said, that one rogue idiot attorney general hurt a lot of people by complaining, and the registrars all doing a knee jerk reaction afterwards was reckless and almost bizarre. Out of spite, a part of me wants to sell my domains now on the dark web. See, this whole thing could do a lot more harm than good in many ways.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back