Dynadot

domains Selfmade.com sells for $977,500 to lead GoDaddy sales report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
GoDaddy is reporting sales though they are a bit behind. Selfmade.com was the top sale at $977,500. Skates.com sold for $150,000 and CGD.com also came in second at $150,000. These sales are from October 2020. Here is a look back at the last report. Domain Sale Price selfmade.com $977,500 skates.com $150,000 cgd.com $150,000 rever.com $107,222 […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice buy. The buyer really is self made to be able to afford a domain in that price range. You don't pay close to a million for a domain name if your net worth is just a couple of million.

•••
The great thing about this sale is that it’s 2 words. Could be 3 or more. Point is, one word domains are valuable but the right 2-3 word domain could be more valuable. Why? 2-3 word domains say something that you can’t always convey in a single word.
Totally Agree!

•••
... selfmade is one word.
I think you are right, the term "selfmade" ("self-made") can indeed be viewed as 1 word as the 2 words that make up it merge together and forming a (1) new word, there are many examples of other "1 word + 1 word = 1 (new) word" - words.

Last edited:
•••
I think you are right, the term "selfmade" ("self-made") can indeed be viewed as 1 word as the 2 words that make up it merge together and forming a (1) new word, there are many examples of other "1 word + 1 word = 1 (new) word" - words.
If you have to dissect it, it’s 2 words. One word domains are obvious and do not need explanation.

•••
If you have to dissect it, it’s 2 words.
If you dissect it (= this 1 word), you destroy it (= this 1 word).
As a result, you get 2 new, separate, independent words.

If you add these 2 words up, a (1) new word (word = singular, therfore it's 1 word) is created.

An allegory would be a sentence that you can split into 2 sentences.
First you have 1 sentence, after you split it into 2 sentences, you have 2 sentences.
If you put these 2 sentences together you have (again) 1 sentence.

One word domains are obvious and do not need explanation.
I consider "selfmade.tld" as a one word - domain name that doesn't need an explanation (at least not to them who are familiar with the english language).

Last edited:
•••
If you dissect it (= this 1 word), you destroy it (= this 1 word).
As a result, you get 2 new, separate, independent words.

If you add these 2 words up, a (1) new word (word = singular, therfore it's 1 word) is created.

An allegory would be a sentence that you can split into 2 sentences.
First you have 1 sentence, after you split it into 2 sentences, you have 2 sentences.
If you put these 2 sentences together you have (again) 1 sentence.

I consider "selfmade.tld" as a one word - domain name that doesn't need an explanation (at least not to them who are familiar with the english language).
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-made

I’ve never seen a hyphen in Self or Made...

•••
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-made

I’ve never seen a hyphen in Self or Made...
Wiktionary | self-
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/self-

However, if this form ("self-") is not considered (but only "self" without the "-") and you split the 1 word "self-made" in all it's "parts" (not letters but just 2 words and 1 hyphen), you get the 2 words "self" and "made" and the 1 hyphen (which "falls off" (as I would call it) and) which is now just another independent part which doesn't influence the 2 words.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back