Dynadot

Seems the cost.net was lost a WARNING

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
it seems the cost.net sales thread was deleted.

luckily I had the page open on my other computer and was able to save it

watch out for Chad Horn or the Bryan Jones "BJ" that he's trying top pass himself off as

http://www.daltech.ca/lost-thread/NamePros_Com - Cost_net.htm

I think this should be moved to a discussion board after everyone can see it

was definedhost (Chadwick) able to delete his own thread?

-Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
seems that somebody bought the name ... the name is point to kuweitnet

•••
Bashar bought it. Hope this gets resolved. Wonder why the thread was deleted?

•••
I think a mod moved it.

•••
Only mods can delete threads... and after looking at it, it's obvious why the thread was closed. It had nothing to do with the actions of the accused seller... it was because of the disqusting comment made regarding said seller... It was immature and rude and had nothing to do with anything that was going on! I understand that there may have been an issue, and it's good to warn fellow domainers, but let's try doing it without the derogatory comments and with a little couth!

Slightly offended-
Jennifer

•••
It was moved (not deleted) to the "Private to Staff" Forum ... so that we could get immediate clarification from "DefinedHost" as to the statements made in that thread, as well as with regard to "YY.com" domain (which you may have read about in both the Discussions -and- Legal Issues Forums).
Absent an immediate response from him, and bona-fide clarification(s) as to the statements, he will be removed from the Namepros site permanently. Given the severity of the charges, we wanted to at least hear from the accused before rendering a final decision on his future participation here on the site.

Thanks kindly for your patience on the matter.
-Jeff :wave:

•••
Thanks Jeff for the hard work. I know if I lost a few grand on a sour deal it would be more than some words exchaged on a forum.

•••
Originally posted by ManicGirl
Only mods can delete threads... and after looking at it, it's obvious why the thread was closed. It had nothing to do with the actions of the accused seller... it was because of the disqusting comment made regarding said seller... It was immature and rude and had nothing to do with anything that was going on! I understand that there may have been an issue, and it's good to warn fellow domainers, but let's try doing it without the derogatory comments and with a little couth!

Slightly offended-
Jennifer

which comment are you talking about Jennifer?

was it

"a gay 20 year old from KY, and used to live in San Fransico who thinks he is able to screw people over go into hiding and then come back doing what he did before.

I have to admit Chadwick is a very Nice person.

but from all dealings yes, he could be regarded as a scammer

Now that he's back he can finally pay me the money he owes me

Not to mention the Thousands he owes other people on this board. "

There is nothing derogatory implied or intended. his description is just to prove that he was the same person. Same as saying he was 5'8" . it sets him apart from the crowd.
So yes, it’s a valid description.

see I'm not sure you have read the large threads on the other forums (would take you a few hours to do so)

after the fact he tried to say that someone stole his identity.

which is a bunch of lies.

nothing said regarding Chadwick -"BJ" is intended to be derogatory.

Like I said before, Chadwick was a nice person. And I have logged many hours chatting with him

but he is plainly a common thief, he has stolen a lot of money from me and others on this and other forums.

so I'm not sure what you are offended at Jen.

Originally posted by WaveMail.com
It was moved (not deleted) to the "Private to Staff" Forum ... so that we could get immediate clarification from "DefinedHost" as to the statements made in that thread, as well as with regard to "YY.com" domain (which you may have read about in both the Discussions -and- Legal Issues Forums).
Absent an immediate response from him, and bona-fide clarification(s) as to the statements, he will be removed from the Namepros site permanently. Given the severity of the charges, we wanted to at least hear from the accused before rendering a final decision on his future participation here on the site.

Thanks kindly for your patience on the matter.

thanks Jeff :)

I just don't want this guy to gte away with this any longer.

•••
I dont think there is nothing wrong in abusing or insulting a scammer who stole the money of several persons selling fake or stolen domains.

Only those who have lost money in these types of transactions will know the pain :).

•••
Weird story. Please let us know when this matter is resolved. Thanks.

•••
Chris, as pointed out the thread was moved to PM-to-Staff area, which means that while it isn't publicly available, all posters to that thread (that includes you) should still be able to see it. Unfortunately, DefinedHost has failed to respond to our request for clarification.

•••
This makes me a bit paranoid. What stops someone from saying "I have xxxx.com for sale. $1000, quick sale. Paypal me at [email protected] and I'll push it to your eNom account." without owning the domain in question?

I guess I'll have to do several WHOIS queries before buying domains now.

•••
Originally posted by plugged
This makes me a bit paranoid. What stops someone from saying "I have xxxx.com for sale. $1000, quick sale. Paypal me at [email protected] and I'll push it to your eNom account." without owning the domain in question?

I guess I'll have to do several WHOIS queries before buying domains now.

yes that’s true but this wasn't the case.

a name was sold to Bashar with escrow mind you.

the problem is that the person who sold it already received payment from me 8 months ago. and just left with my money

end result defined host (Chadwick) is a common thief

I usually don't make things public but I have little patience for people like this as i'm sure everyone else does as well.

but yes, it's always good to make sure the person does own the name in question when buying something new. :)

•••
sorry to hear that he stole your money, i hope you can get you money back.

Best of luck, Josh

•••
Cannot find the thread from the link so I cannot comment directly on the exchange itself. Once resolved I would like to view what exactly happened.

I just wanted to remark on the professional manner by which the NamePros Staff explained the situation. I am fairly new to this board but have been around long enough to appreciate a professionally run board and courteous mods like WaveMail & Armstrong who take the time to actually explain the matter and give both parties a chance to explain their side before taking actions or making accusations. A Very Class Act and Class Site!
- Demostat

•••
Well, if it happened to me and the person lived within a reasonable distance I'd make sure he paid a heavy price. Probably both arms and legs.

•••
sorry to hear of your problem cjmacd,

BUT thanks for the warning. i guess trading on the internet is never safe like everywhere else. we need to help look out for each other .

personally i'll check out their trader's ratings before any "big" deals!!

•••
I didn't see a mention of it anywhere in this thread, but I am assuming that everyone is also well aware of the secretary.com theft. Thanks to "chadwick" or whatever name he is going by, many people have paid the price for dealing with him. Best to avoid any dealings with him at all! YY.COM being just another one of those reasons.

Last edited:
•••
68.64.225.154 (68-64-225-154.ironoh.adelphia.net)

Member "DefinedHost" has been BANNED from the Namepros site!
Sorry for the inconvenience, friends.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back