Dynadot

Seeking Advise with PorkBun issue.

NameSilo
Watch

Bay Internet Group

Established Member
Impact
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions. I'm having issues with PorkBun. I use my Linode hosted VPN to access PorkBun with the IP of my VPN white listed at PorkBun since I have dynamic IP assignments with my ISP.

It's been working great until recently however It seems PorkBun has now decided to block the IP addresses of Linode Hosts. I'm assuming this is to reduce Bot traffic coming from hosting providers. Now I am unable to access their web site from my white listed IP address and if I try any other IP it will not let me login. I've tried reaching out to support but I doubt they are going to reply to my e-mail.

Any suggestions on getting this resolved?

Many Thanks!

-Benjamin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Why do you think they will not reply to your email? I guess it's wise to send it without the vpn on or use another email to explain the situation.
Even if emailing is a no-go however you can always call them.

Thanks for the thread btw. I always had in my mind to start using a static IP via VPN. Your experience adds to the negatives of using one.

•••
Porkbun responds to emails. You may simply ask to whitelist your IP, at least temporary. Whether their config allows such a setup is another question, but you should definitely receive a response. On a side note, blocking linode (as well as digitalocean, amazon, TOR) is normal these days, it is actually surprising that they did not block them earlier...

•••
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I was able to finally get someone from PorkBun via e-mail. At first they did not seem to fully understand the issue but thankfully they escalated it to someone that did. They white listed my IP and everything is back to normal once again. I guess it was an oversight not to automatically white list IP's that are in the login white list but it's working for me now and that's what counts.

Thanks again!

-Benjamin

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back