IT.COM

domain sedo.us.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

link guy

Impact
What do you think about sedo.us.com?

Funny part is that I saw it listed on sedo.com but it was removed i guess after a few hours.
Same guy offering 5 other .us.com which seem like an <AlreadyEstablishedBrand>.US.COM
register.us.com
instra.us.com
hostgator.us.com
real.us.com
let.us.com

Any advice or suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

Dont register company names, they will be trademarked

•••

Funny part is that I saw it listed on sedo.com but it was removed i guess after a few hours.
Same guy offering 5 other .us.com which seem like an <AlreadyEstablishedBrand>.US.COM
register.us.com
instra.us.com
hostgator.us.com
real.us.com
let.us.com

Obvious TMs on a junk extension. Hopefully they're not your names.

Always best to steer clear of TM names, regardless of what others may do. It's a waste of money and possible trouble, to boot.

Welcome to NP. Enjoy the forum.

•••
Welcome to NP

Dont register company names, they will be trademarked
@RevolutionaryDomains
Thanks very much. Didn't know about TM rights on a domain name. kind of a newbie in domains

Just a little doubt, TMs apply on normal words too? I mean like "register" is just an English word so cant anyone use it if trademarked by somebody?

•••

register.us.com
instra.us.com
hostgator.us.com
real.us.com
let.us.com

As well as not registering trademarks, you also should avoid registering subdomains as one has less control over them as a true top level domain (TLD) and they have a far smaller resale market. The names listed are all subdomains of us.com.

•••
@RevolutionaryDomains
Thanks very much. Didn't know about TM rights on a domain name. kind of a newbie in domains

Just a little doubt, TMs apply on normal words too? I mean like "register" is just an English word so cant anyone use it if trademarked by somebody?

Ever hear of Apple?

There's a lot to it, so give yourself time to read up and absorb in greater detail, what makes a TM, etc.

Below are a couple of NP links to sections that will help you as you begin. Read, read, read...IMO.

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/

https://www.namepros.com/forums/legal-discussion.229/

...gl

•••
You should stay away from trademark domain names,

Your examples are subdomains, anyone can create them with their existing domain name for free.

Examples:
Hand.lotion.us
Face.lotion.us
Skin.lotion.us
Etc...

Last edited:
•••
•••
reg fee + trademarked = stay away

•••
Don't bother with subdomains. They are of no interest to anyone and have no value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back