Dynadot

sales Sedo sales report topped by Giveaway.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sedo released its latest report of domain sales, topped by Giveaway.com that went for a solid $400,000 dollars. Here's the full list.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Malt Whiskey seems cheap at $2,900

Forwards to Hero Spirits coming soon landing page

•••
Whisky is more common of a term in Europe, as far as I know. The overall price is of course subjective. It takes a buyer and a seller to agree on the price ;)

•••
The global whiskey market is worth billions - I'm pretty sure the biggest market is Asia.......

High end whiskey as an investment commands a very high price and is a large market in it's own right....

Personally think it was undersold, but as you say it takes two tango and as long as both parties were happy with the price that's all that matters....

Last edited:
•••
Malt Whiskey seems cheap at $2,900
I agree...buyer got a good buy.

I've got a bottle of whisky worth almost half the sale price of the domain...would make a great site for selling collectible premium brands/years of whisky (assuming local laws allow).

•••
I agree...buyer got a good buy.

I've got a bottle of whisky worth almost half the sale price of the domain...would make a great site for selling collectible premium brands/years of whisky (assuming local laws allow).
A connoisseur on Namepros.....

I've made a note to check their site when it goes live - interested to see if they will go down the premium route

•••
I do like a glass of old fashioned once in a while, but I can't say I follow the whiskey culture closely.

•••
I do like a glass of old fashioned once in a while, but I can't say I follow the whiskey culture closely.
A connoisseur on Namepros.....
In my younger years, I was a fan of a good Gin but I always enjoyed CRoyal Whisky from time to time.

One day, I gave a guy a loan on a golf course (the player he was beaten by was not someone you did not pay). A few months later, he brought a bottle of whisky still in the box and said it was worth 2x what he owed me. After showing it to someone that would know, it was confirmed 2x was indeed the value.

Since then, I keep an eye out for a deal on the 'investment grade' whisky that comes around. The market is pretty stable on aged whisky...plus, if/when the crap hits the fan, I will have something to sip on as the lights go out! :xf.smile:

ADD: not sure what happened just then...nps was not loading for a min or so

Last edited:
•••
Interesting the difference an 'e' makes. I just snapped WhiskyCompany (dot com) a few days ago, so I had looked into this.

Irish spelling is 'whiskey' with an 'e'. Most of the U.S. whiskey companies follow with this spelling. But a few of them don't.

Scottish spelling is 'whisky' without an 'e'. Canada, and most of Europe and Asia, use this spelling. And a few U.S. companies do as well.

Gets kind of confusing, between different makers and countries. But looks like it's acceptable to use both versions (long as you're not in Ireland or Scotland, where they each adhere closely to their separate traditional spellings). And, domain-wise, I haven't done the research but I'm guessing that both spellings carry generally equal valuations for domains... but maybe value differs by region? Say a Canadian company might pay less for MaltWhiskey dot com than they would for MaltWhisky dot com, but an American company might pay less for MaltWhisky dot com than they would for MaltWhiskey dot com? Maybe it all evens out, just changing by region?

I dunno. One of the great, deep mysteries of existence, I guess. Like what is the origin of life?

Last edited:
•••
Since this thread will be focusing on the whisky/whiskey keyword, might as well add the sale of Whisky.com for $3.1 million almost a decade ago. The Castello Bros made a big production back then on the proper spelling and lack of an "e" ;) Especially since Whiskey.com was previously reported as sold for considerably less ($185,000 dollars.)

•••
Interesting the difference an 'e' makes. I just snapped WhiskyCompany (dot com) a few days ago, so I had looked into this.

Irish spelling is 'whiskey' with an 'e'. Most of the U.S. whiskey companies follow with this spelling. But a few of them don't.

Scottish spelling is 'whisky' without an 'e'. Canada, and most of Europe and Asia, use this spelling. And a few U.S. companies do as well.

Gets kind of confusing, between different makers and countries. But looks like it's acceptable to use both versions (long as you're not in Ireland or Scotland, where they each adhere closely to their separate traditional spellings). And, domain-wise, I haven't done the research but I'm guessing that both spellings carry generally equal valuations for domains... but maybe value differs by region? Say a Canadian company might pay less for MaltWhiskey dot com than they would for MaltWhisky dot com, but an American company might pay more for MaltWhiskey dot com than they would for MaltWhisky dot com? Maybe it all evens out, just changing by region?

I dunno. One of the great, deep mysteries, I guess. Like what is the origin of life?
It is a mystery indeed! I've got bottles with both spellings...few people notice it if I have them out unless they are fans of the libation.

I don't have a great deal of them on hand, but now I am craving a sip...but I cant even break the seal on the box without losing value...took a long time for me to learn to add water. I apologize to @Acroplex and all for derailing.

This is one that caught my eye: mailtrack.com 30000 USD (seems like seller did well)

•••
I do like a glass of old fashioned once in a while
I make a great Old Fashioned, if I should say so myself!
In the bottom of a rocks glass muddle a sugar cube, orange slice (no rind), maraschino cherry and 3 drops of Angostura bitters.
Chill 2-3oz. of Knob Creek 100 proof Bourbon in a jigger.
Add an ice globe to the muddled fruit and pour the bourbon over top of the ice globe.
Garnish with an orange slice! Cheers!

P.S. I built a '"Bourbon Bar" last spring because I heard it was the thing to do! :xf.cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 36
•••
It is a mystery indeed! I've got bottles with both spellings...few people notice it if I have them out unless they are fans of the libation.

I don't have a great deal of them on hand, but now I am craving a sip...but I cant even break the seal on the box without losing value...took a long time for me to learn to add water. I apologize to @Acroplex and all for derailing.

This is one that caught my eye: mailtrack.com 30000 USD (seems like seller did well)
Email tracking software is a multi billion dollar industry as well - lot's of money to me made through subscription models......which can include mail shots, marketing campaigns etc

Wouldn't be surprised if the .io owner bought it.....

Last edited:
•••
So the obvious question: Should I invest in whisky or domains?

•••
On the topic of whisky /whiskey, I own:

EnglishSingleMalt.com
CanadianSingleMalt.com
IsraeliSingleMalt.com
TaiwaneseSingleMalt.com
IndianSingleMalt.co.uk
ScotchSingleMalt.co.uk

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back