IT.COM

sales Sedo sales report for the week topped by CheapUsedCars.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sedo released its latest domain sales report for the week; CheapUsedCars.com sold for $25,000 dollars.

That's less than what a cheap used car would go for B-)

Full list.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3 words really?
plural? umm.. hmm..

If I got a similar domain - nobody would have offered me more than $5

Last edited:
•••
Such is the beauty of domain investing.

•••
3 words really?
plural? umm.. hmm..

there are some niches in 3 words that sells like 2 words, cars is one of that but there is a lot of difference between an exact match and a similar domain.
btw yes for the price it depends a lot also from who is the domain owner.

•••
there are some niches in 3 words that sells like 2 words, cars is one of that but there is a lot of difference between an exact match and a similar domain.
Yeah, I understand. @pablohc86 I was just over amazed by the sales figure.

Thanks for guiding me.

is there any thread or more information on such niches? or any way to find these niches?

I also own - gold silver loan . com. Hopes high now :xf.grin:

•••
Yeah, I understand. @pablohc86 I was just over amazed by the sales figure.

Thanks for guiding me.

is there any thread or more information on such niches? or any way to find these niches?

I also own - gold silver loan . com. Hopes high now :xf.grin:
for the high paying niches, you can find them by yourself checking on namebio or sales report watching the longer domains (3 words or more) that sells

•••
Hi

not only that, but also the traffic the domain may have received.

used car market prices are much higher today, than in past.

and $25K for a 3 worder like that could be a steal of a deal, for any place that sells used cars.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
3 words really?
plural? umm.. hmm..

Don't get too hung up on the number of words in a domain name. Focus more on whether or not the term has sizeable commercial value, and whether or not the domain is expressing the term in the best (clearest, most efficient) way possible.

•••

If Mike Mann had CheapUsedCars.com, it would probably sell for high 5 figures.

•••
3 words really?
plural? umm.. hmm..

What do you mean by "similar"? Something like UsedCarsForSale.com (which went for $100k) or more like WowThreeWords.com which is obviously worthless?

•••
What do you mean by "similar"? Something like UsedCarsForSale.com (which went for $100k) or more like WowThreeWords.com which is obviously worthless?

What I mean.. I have

Gold Silver Loan . Com

each word is valuable but what I will be offered by others (if I try to sell) is nothing.

But then someday, someone will sell and someone will buy it for big amount.

Last edited:
•••
What I mean.. I have

Gold Silver Loan . Com

each word is valuable but what I will be offered by others (if I try to sell) is nothing.

The problem with your domain is that it's not a phrase. GreenPinkCars.com is also a three-word domain, but does it make sense? Not really. GreenCars.com or PinkCars.com? Sure. But combine these two perfectly fine domains and you get a big nothing. Same with your domain. IMO.

•••
What I mean.. I have

Gold Silver Loan . Com

Type in "Gold Silver Loan" to Google and check the results. (make sure you use the quotation marks)

Now type in "Cheap Used Cars" and check those results.

Good way to scratch the surface of which one might be more valuable (or valuable at all).

•••
The problem with your domain is that it's not a phrase. GreenPinkCars.com is also a three-word domain, but does it make sense? Not really. GreenCars.com or PinkCars.com? Sure. But combine these two perfectly fine domains and you get a big nothing. Same with your domain. IMO.

I got your point.

Well, "Nothing" hurts as "gold silver loan" is a common phrase in my country and may be in other countries too. It's ok. Not expecting millions 😁

And yes, I am exploring NPs to learn how to better evaluate worth.

Thanks for sharing views.

Type in "Gold Silver Loan" to Google and check the results. (make sure you use the quotation marks)

Now type in "Cheap Used Cars" and check those results.

Good way to scratch the surface of which one might be more valuable (or valuable at all).

Ohh boy, I liked this method.

May be I can use "G keyword planner" to identify phrases and search volume also.

What do you think?

•••
Yea my hopes are high too, if those names sell for those prices I bet I can sell my domain keylibrary.com for 10k xd .. Well I parked it to sedo and let it be there, i am down for selling it with 500 dollars, but it could still take years. So thats why I put it high.

•••
Well, "Nothing" hurts as "gold silver loan" is a common phrase in my country and may be in other countries too. It's ok. Not expecting millions 😁

Sorry, maybe "nothing" is a bit harsh, also I don't know your local market, so maybe it will sell. Maybe you will be able to position it for the phrase "gold/silver loans" and make affiliate commissions, I wouldn't know, I don't dabble in SEO. I actually have a very similarly constructed domain creditdebitcard.com and I sure hope it's not worth nothing. ;)

Most importantly, take anyone's opinion with a grain of salt, especially on the Internet. ;)
However I think we can all agree that CheapUsedCars.com and your or my above-mentioned 3-word domains are absolutely in another league.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, maybe "nothing" is a bit harsh, also I don't know your local market, so maybe it will sell. Maybe you will be able to position it for the phrase "gold/silver loans" and make affiliate commissions, I wouldn't know, I don't dabble in SEO. I actually have a very similarly constructed domain creditdebitcard.com and I sure hope it's not worth nothing. ;)

Most importantly, take anyone's opinion with a grain of salt, especially on the Internet. ;)
However I think we can all agree that CheapUsedCars.com and your or my above-mentioned 3-word domains are absolutely in another league.

Agree 👍

•••
I got your point.

And yes, I am exploring NPs to learn how to better evaluate worth.

Thanks for sharing views.

Ohh boy, I liked this method.

May be I can use "G keyword planner" to identify phrases and search volume also.

What do you think?
Yeah, keyword planner can be a good tool for getting a sense of how popular a term or word is. Don't get overly focused on those metrics, though (search volume, CPC, competition), as there are plenty of good names that won't produce good results.

Best to develop an instinct for what names sound good, and then verify your hunch by seeing how actively the term is used online by existing companies. You'll sometimes find exact match names for niche products or services that are a primary offering of some companies. These can be a decent option for potential outbound marketing, and failing that they should be worth hanging onto.

Brandable names can be a bit trickier. You just want to ensure that they sound good, make sense, and pass the radio test. Focus on names that contain words or part-words with a history of sales (check Namebio).

•••
as there are plenty of good names that won't produce good results.
I am afraid, I had already picked a few of them, but now focusing on the commercial value. :wacky::-D

develop an instinct
isn't the most popular advice when it comes to any speculative investments domains/crypto/equity/auctions :lookaround:

outbound marketing
yup trying that on a couple of my domains - let's see what happens next :-D
Brandable names can be a bit trickier.
yup and I am currently avoiding them - being a newbie.

@Joe N everything very well explained. Thanks for the advice :xf.smile: ✌️

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back