IT.COM

SEDO Removes Landing Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
@Sedo has removed all but four landing page layouts. The default doesn't include a "domain for sale" link if client browser has an ad blocker installed. Furthering the decline.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They visit NamePros a few times per year.
So contact Sedo directly via LiveChat, Ticket or Feedback button.

Last edited:
•••
Being run by military intelligence

•••
The default doesn't include a "domain for sale" link if client browser has an ad blocker installed.
"Default" means "Just ads"?
How about "Sales crush"? The same issue?

•••
Sales crush shows a sales link, but who wants to change 500+ landing pages one at a time.

Last edited:
•••
It seems dependent on which ad blocker is used and which Layout template is selected at Sedo. With the "Just Ads" layout the sales link is missing with 'AdBlock', while with the similarly named 'AdBlock Plus' the link is displayed.
I reckon some ad blockers sometimes see Sedo's 'for sale' link as an ad and block it.
So no link to the sale page O_o

Last edited:
•••
You may use UniregistryMarket...
No ads there, just Sales page... and the same 10% commission for BIN-sales.
Example: REAL.PRO

•••
This show the decline in the domain parking industry imo, domain parking is on life support, no matter the company, the upstream providers greediness for the most part. I Don’t see Sedo even offering landers much longer , + it jacks up a domain name anyways these days, Google is the shot caller, good, bad or indifferent, bad to me, but it is what it is, I have had to change my websites with hours of work to keep them Google compliant, I think Sedo is seeing the big picture of the soon coming end of being able to support the good old landing page

•••
•••
Hi there,

when we remove parking layouts, then it's only the because they were not performing as well as the others. We're constantly testing different layout variations. Just yesterday we launched a new version of our mobile template which performs significantly better than the previous one.

The remaining layouts "Just Ads" and "Crushed Boxes" do perform way better than the removed ones. This means you'll probably make more money! It's not a change to narrow your options, instead it's for you to earn more - automatically.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
^ Rare Sedo Sighting, take a pic :snaphappy:

Which landers are left?

•••
Hey, paparazzi everywhere! ;)

These three are available and well recommended by us

1. Just Ads
  2. Crushed Boxes
  3. Sales Crush

•••
Good to see you @Sedo :xf.smile:

Have you looked a the possibility of some adblockers blocking the sales link on some layouts? (mentioned above)

•••
Yeah, I think you should be fine with the most popular ad blockers, but let me verify that info first.

•••
I think you should be fine with the most popular ad blockers, but let me verify that info first.
Thanks. 'AdBlock' and 'AdBlock Plus' must be two of the most popular. When I checked, one seemed to block the 'for sale' link and the other allowed it. This means that potential buyers might not not see a link to buy the name.
Potential buyers might not see the "Buy this domain" sales link on some Sedo parking pages if they have AdBlock enabled.

It seems dependent on which ad blocker is used and which Layout template is selected at Sedo. With the "Just Ads" layout the sales link is missing with 'AdBlock', while with the similarly named 'AdBlock Plus' the link is displayed.

I'm thinking some ad blockers see "Buy this domain" as an ad and block it?

So no link to the sale page.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back