IT.COM

Sedo Parking - Is it often screwy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CraigD

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys.

Over the last week I've decided to try Sedo Parking using their DNS nameservers because their commissions on sales are lower if I make a good sale on a premium domain. I'm not trying to monetise the hits, but I figured with a parked page racking up counts in the Sedo portal, potential buyers can at least see that there is traffic.

Their parking service seems to be quite screwy at the moment and I'm starting to wonder if I should ditch their parking service.

- I have four domains that I'm testing out at the moment that are not resolving correctly today (these all resolve to a weird broken string ...tcerider.php...findresultsonline.com...etc.)

deliveries.org
deliveries.biz
artemisprogram.com
artemismission.com

Is this type of error something that happens often?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Mr. Mod.
Sorry for the links.
I was just pointing out that the internal Sedo links were still good.

Anyway, it just looks like bad PHP parsing on the parking pages - not just one page, but all of them in my account. They were working fine yesterday.

Last edited:
•••
Can it be that you are talking about zero-click ads? (sorry, I'm not sure I understood your post fully)

If so, then you can ask SEDO to not show zc ads in your account.

•••
Can it be that you are talking about zero-click ads? (sorry, I'm not sure I understood your post fully)

If so, then you can ask SEDO to not show zc ads in your account.

I'm just getting a messed up string of PHP in my browser search bar.
I changed DNS to sedo landing pages (NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM etc.) a few days ago and it seemed ok for a day, then this.

EDIT: Perhaps I am misusing the word resolving. The domains are obviously going to the Sedo Parking pages, but the pages are not loading. All I am seeing is a string of (bad?) PHP in the browser window and a blank page with no source code.
Is anybody else seeing what I am seeing?

Last edited:
•••
hmm.. just checked all your domains.
The URLs looks like being zc but the content does not.

I strongly suggest you contact sedo/your account manager. Maybe it's a SEDO thing.

•••
Thanks Hypersot. I contacted them hours ago but no response as of yet. Thanks for confirming that they are not working .

Last edited:
•••
Hi

it looks like your doman is being redirected to a search engine (findresultsonline), which in turn is displaying link ads for various delivery services

I can see the page with blue background

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Hypersot. I contacted them hours ago but no response as of yet. Thanks for confirming that they are not working . I'm not sure what zc is, but I assume it is some kind of ad service?

Zero click is when, instead of the normal lander with keyword links, you get redirected straight away to the ad. (0 click = no click to get to an ad).

In zero click pages you can see feeds coming from non-google advertisers. So, what you see there sometimes can be questionable on its quality.
..definitely not good for domains that are for sale imo.

•••
Hi

it looks like your doman is being redirected to a search engine (findresultsonline), which in turn is displaying link ads for various delivery services

I can see the page with blue background

imo...

Thanks Biggie.
I'm not even seeing that - just a blank page with no source code, but I can see that findresultsonline is in the PHP string.

•••
Thanks Hypersot. I realised a bit late that zc = zero clicks, but thankyou for explaining it fully.

•••
Has anyone got there sedo march payment? Mine still says no, seems a bit late for this month.

•••
maybe it's because you are using 3 sedo ns. i only use sedo 1 & 2. not sedo 3

•••
commissions on sales are lower if I make a good sale on a premium domain

How low? I can't find info on personalized fees

•••
Via LiveChat or ticket - ask Sedo to disable ZeroClick/Tier2 per your account.
Tons of such threads already.

•••
Thanks Biggie.
I'm not even seeing that - just a blank page with no source code, but I can see that findresultsonline is in the PHP string.
Do you have an adblocker on your browser?

•••
Hi guys.

Over the last week I've decided to try Sedo Parking using their DNS nameservers because their commissions on sales are lower if I make a good sale on a premium domain. I'm not trying to monetise the hits, but I figured with a parked page racking up counts in the Sedo portal, potential buyers can at least see that there is traffic.

Their parking service seems to be quite screwy at the moment and I'm starting to wonder if I should ditch their parking service.

- I have four domains that I'm testing out at the moment that are not resolving correctly today (these all resolve to a weird broken string ...tcerider.php...findresultsonline.com...etc.)

deliveries.org
deliveries.biz
artemisprogram.com
artemismission.com

Is this type of error something that happens often?

Hi Craig,

In order to get text ads/ PPC (Pay Per Click) from our premium partners, you need to certify your account for parking. To do so, just log into your Sedo account and go to:

My Sedo > My Account > Member Certification

From there, click on the green button labeled ‘Proceed’ under the section ‘Parking Certification’ and follow the instructions.

Any other questions then just let our customer service team know via [email protected] and we will do our best to help you.

Cheers
Chris

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do you have an adblocker on your browser?
No, no adblockers. I tried the latest MS Edge as well as IE11.
It appears to have fixed itself today. The links have changed. Perhaps it was a location thing (I'm in Australia) because others noted that they could see the pages.

Last edited:
•••
If a parking company is abusing your domain name move it away immediately or that your name may be blacklisted.

•••
If a parking company is abusing your domain name move it away immediately or that your name may be blacklisted.
I wouldn't suggest that they were deliberately abusing it, but all the same, I have given up this little experiment. I'll stick with my own landing pages in future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back