Dynadot

SEDO PARKING - Dangerous !!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tksfrm

Established Member
Impact
I am wondering if I am the only person who sees with ALL my domains parked with SEDO - RED GOOGLE SECURITY WARNING!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is due to malware code. It could have been from an attacker. This could leave a huge wound if not treated ASAP.

•••
•••
Perhaps others can chime in on what their user experience is on other browsers.

This is what I'm seeing using Windows 7 and Chrome with adblock. Visit a name parked with sedo with adblock activated on your browser. The domain acts like the name servers don't resolve, just a blank page here on Google Chrome. So people visiting your name with these settings won't even see your for sale banner, never mind ads!

Compare this with Uniregistry and I can see all ads and the for sale banner with adblock on. This is a recent change, previously my uniregistry ads were blocked by adblocker.

@Sedo you really need to look into this as adblocker with chrome is entirely blanking out domains parked with Sedo. I've no other browsers installed to test other configurations.

I've removed all my inventory from Sedo, drastic? Yes, but then I don't want my names associated with malware in anyway, shape or form. I've done about 15k worth of sales on Sedo the past year and this is very disappointing.

Last edited:
•••

This is what I'm seeing using Windows 7 and Chrome with adblock. Visit a name parked with sedo with adblock activated on your browser. The domain acts like the name servers don't resolve, just a blank page here on Google Chrome. So people visiting your name with these settings won't even see your for sale banner, never mind ads!

Compare this with Uniregistry and I can see all ads and the for sale banner with adblock on. This is a recent change, previously my uniregistry ads were blocked by adblocker.

@Sedo you really need to look into this as adblocker with chrome is entirely blanking out domains parked with Sedo. I've no other browsers installed to test other configurations.

I've removed all my inventory from Sedo, drastic? Yes, but then I don't want my names associated with malware in anyway, shape or form. I've done about 15k worth of sales on Sedo the past year and this is very disappointing.

We're on it, I'll let you know about any updates.

•••
@SEDO After reading this I needed immediately a cup of coffee :)

Firstly)
I am here to come to your company to create some order and take care over some priorities you
obviously fail to do - I will explain:

Secondly)
Your answer is too short and too arrogant for such great and big community and is not creating any good reputation to your company:
- how about some timeshare
- how about at little explaining what you intend to do
- how about to try at least a little to "connect" with millions, who have parked with you

Now some suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 1):

a) parking should BE done in language of domain - point! (and not that with local country domain all is in English)
b) I read for my DOMAIN in Google - this WEBSITE is for sale - WRONG !!! It is domain not website and people have a WRONG impression reading.
(That's why you have chance when you are adding to explain, whether you are selling website OR domain)
c) parking can be better optimised as it is now
d) create a fair parking advertising - not with those who give SEDO the most of money, but with those, who will offer the best and correct service - in benefit of all parties involved

Some suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 2):

a) I would take care that domain name counts and not the owner of domain, so many domains listed, parked(!) with irrational numbers (because of owner and previous big sales) would desapear
b) I would bring some life on SEDO:

- no more $109 auctions - if you are delighted with them - then I will suggest to you to create: SEDO for DUMMIES website - and there people can sell domains for low money and learn what domaining is

- I would create a BRANDABLES AUCTION - yes those domains are worthy and not only EMDs. You left money slipping away from you - that's why we have BB's and so on.
There can be a simple condition - a good brand-able name + no existing (live) TM. Simple and good.
In my country webmasters and all connected with IT are saying in almost all cases - use Brandable domains! SEDO could become a great starting point for more startups and big companies as well. They are always seeking a good names for new products and new TMs. (pharmacy, tech, bio companies)
And you are always very lucky to cash additional $10 for auction participating...

- I would start new GTDLs AUCTION - hey, do you know, how many new extensions are already here ? Oh, you know only .club? Sorry, forgotten :)
There is time to start to promote new domains - they are good and there is a room for them! Just nobody wants to advertise them, and to promote them. Yeap, oldies who came first to the party are not very happy with this. If you think that new domains are not just for registries - why are you waiting? Some good sales already - and Internet is changing.
Are you with them or against them.

Even more suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 3):

- If I would be a supervisor of SEDO quality, I would never let that listing tables are not readable. They should be stripped for easy reading and checking domain name and price. And there is to much spacing, little less please :)

I can not tell everything in detail - because you will not employ me, if I tell everything here :)

Please, make SEDO PARKING great again! Oops - I thought about make SEDO GREAT AGAIN !

You can reply to me in German or English.

Last edited:
•••
@SEDO After reading this I needed immediately a cup of coffee :)

Firstly)
I am here to come to your company to create some order and take care over some priorities you
obviously fail to do - I will explain:

Secondly)
Your answer is too short and too arrogant for such great and big community and is not creating any good reputation to your company:
- how about some timeshare
- how about at little explaining what you intend to do
- how about to try at least a little to "connect" with millions, who have parked with you

Now some suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 1):

a) parking should BE done in language of domain - point! (and not that with local country domain all is in English)
b) I read for my DOMAIN in Google - this WEBSITE is for sale - WRONG !!! It is domain not website and people have a WRONG impression reading.
(That's why you have chance when you are adding to explain, whether you are selling website OR domain)
c) parking can be better optimised as it is now
d) create a fair parking advertising - not with those who give SEDO the most of money, but with those, who will offer the best and correct service - in benefit of all parties involved

Some suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 2):

a) I would take care that domain name counts and not the owner of domain, so many domains listed, parked(!) with irrational numbers (because of owner and previous big sales) would desapear
b) I would bring some life on SEDO:

- no more $109 auctions - if you are delighted with them - then I will suggest to you to create: SEDO for DUMMIES website - and there people can sell domains for low money and learn what domaining is

- I would create a BRANDABLES AUCTION - yes those domains are worthy and not only EMDs. You left money slipping away from you - that's why we have BB's and so on.
There can be a simple condition - a good brand-able name + no existing (live) TM. Simple and good.
In my country webmasters and all connected with IT are saying in almost all cases - use Brandable domains! SEDO could become a great starting point for more startups and big companies as well. They are always seeking a good names for new products and new TMs. (pharmacy, tech, bio companies)
And you are always very lucky to cash additional $10 for auction participating...

- I would start new GTDLs AUCTION - hey, do you know, how many new extensions are already here ? Oh, you know only .club? Sorry, forgotten :)
There is time to start to promote new domains - they are good and there is a room for them! Just nobody wants to advertise them, and to promote them. Yeap, oldies who came first to the party are not very happy with this. If you think that new domains are not just for registries - why are you waiting? Some good sales already - and Internet is changing.
Are you with them or against them.

Even more suggestions, why you should employ me (PART 3):

- If I would be a supervisor of SEDO quality, I would never let that listing tables are not readable. They should be stripped for easy reading and checking domain name and price. And there is to much spacing, little less please :)

I can not tell everything in detail - because you will not employ me, if I tell everything here :)

Please, make SEDO PARKING great again! Oops - I thought about make SEDO GREAT AGAIN !

You can reply to me in German or English.

great!

the only question I have to you is:

why the he* would you want to work there????

•••
Good question :)

I am counting on that that perhaps somebody else will do that :) (joke)

But if I would really be there - I would create some order, because slowly and steady are losing focus.
Probably, big problem are priorities.
Nobody has it (to have a final word or take care about this), or they are too many involved in this - and all are very "smart guys".

---
PS.
Perhaps one point could be money - if I succeed they will have more traffic with:

- better parking strategy (better SEO, better language focus, more relvant advertising, etc.)
- more efficient domain prising
- new sub-market (brandable domains for startups and big companies - seeking for a good domain, which is not yet trademarked, more focus on good new extensions,...)

would create more page clicks, more traffic, more sale - more money, better company reputation, etc.

So - I would go only for a good money, that is most important reason and second, almost so important one, would be a personal challenge....

In fact, I am surprised, that perception is - that nothing can change (to worse).
Think on NOKIA for example...

On the bottom:
- I am little surprised that no one from China (they have capital - and now when some markets are not so well) came to idea to start a new world (not local!!) domain selling portal - would be better as just buying
- if they created AliBaba can perhaps create world domaining portal as well
- IMHO - this would be a good investment :)

Last edited:
•••

Can you let us know which ad blocker you're using? Name and version? Thanks a lot!

•••
Can you let us know which ad blocker you're using? Name and version? Thanks a lot!

Happy to help. My system, Google Chrome, Windows 7. All the latest security updates/patches.

Adblock V 3.1.1

•••
Happy to help. My system, Google Chrome, Windows 7. All the latest security updates/patches.

Adblock V 3.1.1

Right now we can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Do you still have a parked domain name you can send me as an example?

•••
Right now we can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Do you still have a parked domain name you can send me as an example?

I'm now seeing ads and for sale banners again. It appears it sorted out itself, perhaps it was a residual effect from whatever triggered Google's security systems?

Thanks for looking into this.

•••
I'm now seeing ads and for sale banners again. It appears it sorted out itself, perhaps it was a residual effect from whatever triggered Google's security systems?

Thanks for looking into this.

Alright, sounds good. It might just have taken a while longer than expected. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience and we're working on this to not happen again. Also, thanks for the fruitful discussion!

•••
Thanks for starting this thread and alerting the community.

Blind zero click seems to have got a large foothold.

Last edited:
•••
I used to have my names parked at Sedo but was very unhappy with some of the landing pages which were just a redirect which sometimes is extremely spammy/malware looking. It wasn't always the case but on one name in particular I used to get occasional offers & then nothing. It was because of the landing pages - there was no way for people to see it was for sale with the redirect. That wasn't acceptable!

I switched to DomainNameSales (Uniregistry) & now I receive inquiries on that name I mentioned about every 2 weeks now. Parking income also increased though it never was a biggie for me.

Last edited:
•••
This problem is back again(at least for me). Time to use a different company.

•••
Hi
Recently added some 180 domains on sedo parking. Getting served by these spammy messages and malware.
@Sedo are you guys looking at it?

Example: visit my domain, Gakona dot com and see. Please update it asap.

•••
Hi
Recently added some 180 domains on sedo parking. Getting served by these spammy messages and malware.

your domain is redirected to a "spammy offer "

•••
Yes.
Are they going to fix it? I have read that since last few months they got this problem.

•••
Hi

Guys do not visit this page!!! I first used the Firefox browser & got a Mcafee warning to not visit the page. I didn't & decided to use the Microsoft Edge browser & visited the site. It redirected to a car insurance lander page. I then did it again in the Edge browser & it redirected to a browser Malware hijack page that won't close. You know the BS page saying your computer has been blocked & to call a # with your credit card details in hand to remove the virus/spyware.That's right you can't close your browser even if you shut down your computer & restart. If you open that browser -you get the same hijacked page popping up in your face.

I've been through this time-wasting nonsense before so I knew what to do. Shut down & restart your computer. Do not open the browser that was infected as it will pop-up the same hijacked page/browser. Instead if you have Windows 10 - type in Google.com in the Cortana search section in the lower left corner. That will pop up the default Microsoft Edge Browser with all the prior pages (including hijacked page) but the Google page will be the page showing. Do not click on the hijacked browser page to open it but instead click on the X on that page tab to get rid of it. You could also go to Disk C:/Users/Owner/Favorites & click on one of your favorite links to open up a page to get the browser to pop up similarly.

Always make sure you have 2 browsers on your system in case you run across this issue & you can change default browsers as well.

In conclusion - Sedo parking should be avoided at all costs!!!!!!!! They are not helping you sell domains and are actually damaging your names as well as visitor's computers. Most visitors won't know what to do when they visit your domain name & get a hijacked browser malware page courtesy of Sedo.

•••
Via LiveChat or Ticket - ask them to disable their ZeroClick per your account.
And that's all.

•••
And Yes, in terms of revenue - Sedo parking is the worst for many years...

•••
@wentzco thanks. I think I should put my names out of parking.

•••
And that's all what all Sedo users need to do. Open tickets by 500.000+ users. I guess it's the only way to show them some love :) .

•••
Hi

Hi there, thanks for letting us know. We've deactivated Zero-Click for you. This problem should not occur anymore, as soon as the change has taken effect. We'll also check out what's going on with this advertiser.

Please always remember to complete the Parking Certification under https://sedo.com/member/membercert/index.php?display=parking&language=us. That way you can make sure that you monetize your domains in the most efficient way through our premium advertising provider, without Zero-Click.

Sorry for your bad experience, thank you for letting us know. We'll take care this won't happen again.

•••
@Sedo why dont you give us an option to show only sales landers, instead of parking links.(Like Uniregistry)

•••
Back