IT.COM

Sedo NEW Layout: Easy to setup domain sale template brings attention to your domains. 10% commission

NameSilo
Watch

Aznagui

Established Member
Impact
Any one seen the new sedo layout... With only 10% commission?
Full article here: Sedo NEW Layout

Sedo anouncement :
08/22/2022

NEW: Easy to setup domain sale template brings attention to your domains
Sedo offers new domain sales landing page template that promotes Buy Now and Make Offer purchasing options
We’ve listened to our customers since offering the first sales landing page layouts and over the years we’ve conducted numerous tests with various templates. This knowledge has been incorporated into the new Sedo Sales Landing Page layout that is driven by design and technical top performance along with an easy technical set up.

This is how it will impact domain sale conversions:

Works on any device – template design is accessible and responsive
Ensures conversion optimization - State-of-the-art technology provides speed
Converts off-topic visitors into buyers - with safety and trust elements plus variety of payment options
Includes comfortable and accessible features - layout responds to the language settings of the user's browser, light and dark mode switch
Avoids disturbances for users - Simplified user experience tracking

We’ re committed to our position as the best place to buy, sell and monetize domains and therefore really excited to introduce the new sales lander. And we will continue to monitor and test in order to optimize it further. And now, pictures speak louder than words:

Make Offer - Light Mode
make offer - light mode
Buy Now - Dark Mode
Buy Now - Dark Mode
Easy and quick set up

With the new Saleslander, you simply set the dedicated nameservers sl1.sedo.com & sl2.sedo.com at your registrar and off you go!

Only 10% commission

Choose the most favorable commission level: If the domain uses the new sales layout, has a fixed price and is purchased through the Sedo marketplace, the commission is only 10%. (see price list)
@Sedo

Let me know what you think about this update?
Aznagui.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Instead of copying dan.com landing page, they had better buy dan.com instead of godaddy.

•••
Instead of copying dan.com landing page, they had better buy dan.com instead of godaddy.
I still appreciate this move... I think the domaining community will bennifit from this competition.

•••
I still appreciate this move... I think the domaining community will bennifit from this competition.
They already had 10% commission for fixed price domain names. So I don't see any change. If they want to make progress they should have something like Dan.com bot that speeds up transactions. If I sell a .eu/.de/.nl/.be/.at/.ch name on Dan.com the transaction is completed within 24 hours after the buyers payment.

•••
Thanks for sharing @Aznagui

To all: please note the following difference (sedoparking vs. sedo):

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

and

sl1.sedo.com
sl2.sedo.com

•••
I'm baffled as to why they don't let you camelCase names. This is the only thing stopping me from moving names to their new landers.

•••
I find the example domains (screenshots) that Sedo uses in the news item particularly interesting. The first domain, cleaning.com, is a developed website that is not currently for sale via Sedo. The second domain, socials.com, uses competitor Bodis and is not for sale through Sedo either.
1661264828016.png

1661264843174.png

Last edited:
•••
I started testing.
123bitcoin .us
Coldwallets .us
It looks amazing 🤩

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_153207.jpg
    IMG_20220823_153207.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20220823_153148.jpg
    IMG_20220823_153148.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
•••
•••
Much better. At least they no more show the stats (misleading anyway) and owners country / years @ sedo (irrelevant). But, it is still in beta imo :( There is language selection in the bottom, but some languages are not working (Russian, Polish, Korean...). An english page is returned. What prevented sedo from asking more people to test? ;-()

•••
I think they missed the boat on that one...

•••
•••
and, if visited without adblock, their famous GREAT cookie warning is still there :((

sedo.jpg

•••
looks great and that phone number on the page is the most important thing just like afternic landers. I hope godaddy removes the trustpilot crap from dan landers and replaces it with the afternic sales team number. I would agree to pay the gd commissions if they gave me a choice to have their number on the page.

Regardless I am happy to see sedo making positive changes. Now if they can please send emails to verify domain ownership instead of the txt method it would be great.

Last edited:
•••
•••
thank the Europeans for that waste, nobody cares about those warnings, they just make pages look ugly
We, the Europeans, are also more than tired of those cookie notifications.

•••
why not make it smaller then... like a lot of websites in EU do... or stop using cookies, affiliate tracking can be done using other methods. the last but not the least, they should have no obligation to show cookie warning to non-EU visitors.

Last edited:
•••
When I visit 123bitcoin us domain, it forwards to the main page of Sedo instead of the domain's landing page. Tried Firefox in incognito mode and no plugins and Safari as well.

•••
Getting the same as @silentg
Kaspersky also blocking the page

•••
When I visit 123bitcoin us domain, it forwards to the main page of Sedo instead of the domain's landing page. Tried Firefox in incognito mode and no plugins and Safari as well.
Yeah, it is where their servers forward visitors to at this time. A bug? Or too many visits from NP triggered something?

Last edited:
•••

They didn't copy DAN , daaz. com very similar with Dan. IMO , sedo new lander is combination from GD bin lander and Dan lander.

Its very interesting when they disable all clickable other link , except for buy now link or make offer and move GDPR warning as a small hyperlink at the bottom

•••
123bitcoin is resolving to the correct page now.

•••
•••
Here's a link to the landing page if you want to forward your domain to it instead of changing nameservers:
Code:
https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=domain.com&origin=sales_lander_15

Change domain.com to your domain.

•••
If you just changed dns, it can take time for the correct page to show. Because Sedo checks to see if the dns resolves to them. I changed .xyz names to them and saw the main page for about an hour, then it all started working.

Last edited:
•••
Back