NameSilo

Sedo iGaming auction

Located in External Domain and Website Sales started by Dave, Nov 12, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. rh2000

rh2000 Established Member

User's Time:
    3:13 AM
    Now I see why I got rejected last time. You should tell people before submitting domains you are looking for domains with slots and bingo in them. For now on be specific on what you are looking for and that will save people a lot of damn time.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

User's Time:
    1:13 AM
    Max reserve on this auction is $499.? Or is that just for some of their auctions.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  3. Blitzpotz

Blitzpotz Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    10:13 AM
    Still laughing.

They had chosen a few of my domains for the latest .uk auction. When auction happened these names were not part of the inventory. Needless to say that I did not receive information on this de-listing. Waste of time. And: no problem, as always.>:(

4. Sedo

Sedo Established Member Sedo Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    4:13 AM
  5. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

User's Time:
    12:13 PM
    3 domains submitted. 3 domains rejected. The impression is this is another "insider" game. Same feeling about all previous auctions: number/chip domains, crypto domains and now this.
    At the end, you see on the final list crappy domains.
    Who is fooling who, Sedo?

6. WarpedMind

WarpedMind Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    @Sedo - First of all, thank you for taking the time to address our concerns here. I appreciate that.

However, I'm sorry... the explanations still really are not justifying the rejection of many of the domains mentioned in this thread. I think that most would agree that many of the approved domains don't compare (within your criteria) to the ones rejected.

You said this:
    Based on our experience with them, we are giving more weight to the following criteria:
    • keywords (bet, slots, bingo...)
    • ccTLDs
    • reserve prices
    • languages
    Some examples matching some of those: bestbingosites.com, gratispoker.no (great for the Norwegian market), bettingodds.io (no ccTLD, but great combination keyword)​

Can you please enlighten me how my domains (.com) - omni bets, my betting app - how do these not meet the criteria you mentioned? English. $250 reserve. (True, it's a .com - but are you saying that you're not accepting .com? I can't be understanding this right.) Keywords bets and betting... honestly, the more you mention your criteria, the MORE (not less) I wonder why my domains (and many in this thread) don't fit. What is the REAL criteria? I feel like there's more to it.

I wrote this with all due respect. I just want to understand. One of my first sales ever was through Sedo. Thanks.

7. vravis9

vravis9 Top Member VIP

User's Time:
    2:43 PM
  8. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    I had replied to a couple people on Twitter, I replied to Sedo's Tweet about the auction saying you rejected some good names, someone replied I said, That was my thought, Dave at Namepros said he submitted PureGames .com and I submitted PokerNights .com. Sedo replied said they would look into it, Derick Clegg did email me 4 am this morning and asked if I wanted PokerNights .com in the auction as he said it met the criteria. So I accepted his offer to list the name.

9. cabotower

cabotower Top Member VIP

User's Time:
    5:43 AM
    just submitted 'gamingdemon.com'. i'll let you know.

10. DomainWolf

DomainWolf Established Member

User's Time:
    I have submitted about 20 and had 2 approved so far.
    I agree that it can be frustrating because the explanation isn't specific enough for the domain getting declined.

11. Ariff BD

Ariff BD Restricted (85-100%)

User's Time:
    3:13 PM
    i want to submit my be8ing.com but i dont know how i do it. Can u tell me how to submit my name?

12. eurorealtor

eurorealtor okre.com VIP

User's Time:
    I tried DownloadBets /com but no luck.

13. Tin Nguyen

Tin Nguyen Epik | DNEncrypt Consultant Epik.com Staff Gold Account VIP

User's Time:
    Have a few to submit, including.....

slot.com.vn
    slots.com.vn
    encryptedbet.com
    pocketfours.com (Poker starting hand for those who don't play Hold'em; all other pocket hands) reg'd.

We'll see how things go.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  14. Laguna

Laguna Top Member VIP

User's Time:
    9:13 AM
    JackpotKitty

REJECTED

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  15. loredan

loredan Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    I submitted a few yesterday, still in review.
    Anyone knows how long it takes?

16. loredan

loredan Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    PokerNights is better than PureGames imo...

Good luck with your name, the fact that they'll promote this auction to SiGMA iGaming Expo is a big plus.

17. WarpedMind

User's Time:
    You have to add your domain to sedo in general to auction/sell. Then you will see it in your domains list. Check this domain and you'll see a pull down menu of what auction you would like to apply your domain to. I hope that helps. (I'm just answering off the top of my head and from memory, so it might not be EXACTLY accurate, but very close if not.)

18. Tin Nguyen

User's Time:
    Took less than 24 hours for some of mine. (to be rejected) When you submit them, they will be highlighted and shown as "Not for sale" (I think) because they are being considered. When they're no longer highlighted in your portfolio, that's a sign of rejection. That was my experience. I still have some submitted.

19. WarpedMind

User's Time:
    It took a few days for me... like 3 or 4 I think.

20. Tin Nguyen

User's Time:
    I think I may have set too high of a reserve. Unfortunately, they don't allow you to re-submit and adjust anything so be mindful of all of their criteria before you submit.

21. WarpedMind

User's Time:
    @Sedo please answer my post above... I don't want it to slip through the cracks. I would just like to understand. It is not intended to antagonize but is written in sincerity by a long-time customer. Thanks.

22. WarpedMind

User's Time:
    Just so you know, their customer support did tell me that domains with too high a reserve could be readjusted and resubmitted. I don't know if she was right or not, but she did tell me that.

23. cabotower

cabotower Top Member VIP

User's Time:
    5:43 AM
    -
    gamingdemon.com (n)

24. eurorealtor

eurorealtor okre.com VIP

User's Time:
    Wait for your application result email. If it say rejected because the reserve was too high, they'll suggest you the "right" reserve range and you can resubmit within the suggested range.

25. Sedo

Sedo Established Member Sedo Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    Hi all,

Thanks again for your interest.

We have gathered enough domains for the IGaming auction so the application phase has now closed and we are no longer accepting any applications. Thanks for the overwhelming feedback, we do apologise for any confusion and we will most certainly communicate the criteria better next time. We will also look into updating our rejection emails so they are more clear to the applicants.

I am not able to compare or provide individual reasons why some domains may have been rejected and some not, so please dont feel as though we have not answered certain posts. For those whose domains were included, we wish you the best of luck selling at the auction.

All the best
    Chris

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice