IT.COM

Sedo deleted domains listed at SquadHelp !!!

NameSilo
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
Today when i logged in my sedo account i fount out that 50% of my premium domains that listed at squadhelp are deleted from sedo , They just delete without notifying the sellers for the reason !!
The numbers of deleted domains are increasing now !! all that happening today 13 october as below image !!

All of this deleted domains are listed at squadhelp as premium .

Is their any conflict happened between sedo and squadhep !!?

Guys can you check your sedo account and see if anybody have the same issue like me ??

1665628423257.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yeah, happened to me too.

The only thing I can see is Squadhelp listed these domains and verified using TXT (they also forward emails).

This is unacceptable and I am cancelling all my premium listings at Squadhelp.
No one ever asked me about this nor I have ever allowed them to list my names on Sedo.

•••
Yes sedo deleted all the premium domains that listed on squadhelp .
sedo and squadhelp cooperating perfectly against individuals , just to control the listings !!

I didnt bother my self to send emails and waiting to increase my blood pressure ,
i just went to squadhelp setting and i activated the sedo syndication for all this domains , and now they appear normally at sedo search engine ofcorse with higher price margin , but physically not available in my sedo account . ,

Squadhelp want to control and be the exclusive lister of this domains on the major platforms like afternic and sedo and to get benefit by anyway !

But sedo way of deleting is disgusting and should send email to sellers to notify them .

1665687089898.png

1665687187030.png

Last edited:
•••
It really surprised me, had to dig the names and they all really had TXT verification that isn't mine.

Really weird it happened yesterday, after 11-12 months of names being listed at SH as premium...

•••
Today when i logged in my sedo account i fount out that 50% of my premium domains that listed at squadhelp are deleted from sedo , They just delete without notifying the sellers for the reason !!
The numbers of deleted domains are increasing now !! all that happening today 13 october as below image !!

All of this deleted domains are listed at squadhelp as premium .

Is their any conflict happened between sedo and squadhep !!?

Guys can you check your sedo account and see if anybody have the same issue like me ??

Show attachment 225052

When you list your domain on Squadhelp as a premium domain, then you are not allowed to upload that same domain to anywhere else. The only exception is Afternic. You need to mark the domain as Afternic authorized, then you can list that domain on Afternic.

So in case of a Squadhelp premium domain, you can list it only on these 2 platforms: 1) Squadhelp premium marketplace, 2) Afternic (manual). That's it, you cannot list it anywhere else.

Then Squadhelp will automatically list this domain on Sedo.

In case of Squadhelp standard listings: you can toggle the option to syndicate them automatically to Sedo. It is optional. And you are allowed to list your standard listings anywhere else, such as on Afternic or Dan, or even on platforms like Daaz.

Now I don't understand your problem. If you have SH premium domains, then do NOT upload these same domains in your Sedo account.

•••

Now I don't understand your problem. If you have SH premium domains, then do NOT upload these same domains in your Sedo account.

The problem is sedo should not delete listing wihout notifying the sellers , and all this premium domains were listed at sedo long time ago before to start listing at squadhelp .

•••
The problem is sedo should not delete listing wihout notifying the sellers , and all this premium domains were listed at sedo long time ago before to start listing at squadhelp .

When you listed these domains on Squadhelp you agreed to these terms - you are not allowed to list your SH premium domains on Sedo yourself. Because SH will list them automatically.

They can add the TXT verification since you pointed the nameservers to Squadhelp - again you agreed to do this.

Sedo will and should delete these domains, since the TXT verification proves that you are not allowed to list these domains on Sedo. Even if you had listed these domains on Sedo before joining Squadhelp, you are still not allowed to list them on Sedo.

SH will automatically list these domains on Sedo for you - what's your problem? I don't understand it.

BrandBucket does the same. They even list your domains on Dan.

•••
@Charybdis that's true and I know you're right.

But the moment I opened email notification saying my names were removed from Sedo, it felt weird. Even more when they informed me, it's because someone else verified the names. Quickly logged to my registrar to check the names, checked the TXT records using dig and found out it doesn't make much sense. Only after some time realized what's going on. This is not how the process should work. After more than a year of names being listed, out of the blue...

•••
@Charybdis that's true and I know you're right.

But the moment I opened email notification saying my names were removed from Sedo, it felt weird. Even more when they informed me, it's because someone else verified the names. Quickly logged to my registrar to check the names, checked the TXT records using dig and found out it doesn't make much sense. Only after some time realized what's going on. This is not how the process should work. After more than a year of names being listed, out of the blue...
Because SH controls the nameservers, they can add the required TXT records to upload the domains into the SH Sedo account.

Sometimes the Sedo syndication will fail if the domain name already exists on Sedo. I know because some of my names failed to sync to Sedo. In case of 2 names I had to contact Sedo and ask them to remove these domains from their database (I sent them screenshots to prove the ownership), then I could syndicate them to Sedo via SH.

Maybe now SH has improved the process and that's why they could syndicate these domains now.

But anyway, you should not list your SH domains on Sedo and keep your eye on the syndication report and try to resolve any "failed to sync to Sedo" messages.

•••
Back