Dynadot

Sedo and Shopify

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainscience

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone:

I have domain names where Sedo shows a lot of traffic and Shopify shopify barely shows 1/10 of the domain names. (These are on at least least 10 different names in the same industry.)

Any explanation on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What You talking about comparison traffic between parking and shopify shop? You mean that You have 10 time less traffic when install shopify or what?

•••
What You talking about comparison traffic between parking and shopify shop? You mean that You have 10 time less traffic when install shopify or what?

Thanks for your reply. Basically, yes. The traffic when parked at Sedo.com will be 100 a month (as an example) but will be less than a couple a month when pointed to a domain that hits a Shopify store. It is not just one domain, but many domains and I am wondering if Sedo's numbers are simply out of wack. Thanks again for any input you can provide.

•••
Probably the problem is that sedo show some stats even if they come from bots. Shopify probably not counter that visits pretty same like wordpress.

•••
Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it.

•••
Because sedo is a Domain marketplace so its normal when you list your domain on their platform u will get some attention and visits.

•••
Because sedo is a Domain marketplace so its normal when you list your domain on their platform u will get some attention and visits.

Sorry, I'm not understanding. I am talking about actual type in traffic according to Sedo, not views or clicks on's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back