IT.COM

Sedo and Dan payout problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Not a serious problem but I see supidity or incompetence.

I delay payouts becuase of wire and bank fees.

When I tell Sedo: please send the money, it is time.
they first ignore. and I use another channel, and they are like:
what the hell are you talking about.
after explaining in full detail, they continue ignoring.
Maybe they are out of cash as well.

At Dan, they say, we can't combine payments.
What a nonsense.
If I sold 10 domains for 100 each,
which means 90 usd "profit",
they will send them separately
(because they can't combine payments (WHY, they were able to in the past !))
I will get 40x10=400
instead of 850,
because of bank fees.
Wondering whether they get a share of bak wire fees, or
trying to force us to use an alternative payment system (payoneer instead of wire).
In any case this is something between stupidity and scam.
They make banks scam us , and enjoy it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably written awful back end systems that they don't know how to fix. Sorry to hear you're having issues, the bank fees sound obscene.

•••
Not a serious problem but I see supidity or incompetence.

I delay payouts becuase of wire and bank fees.

When I tell Sedo: please send the money, it is time.
they first ignore. and I use another channel, and they are like:
what the hell are you talking about.
after explaining in full detail, they continue ignoring.
Maybe they are out of cash as well.

At Dan, they say, we can't combine payments.
What a nonsense.
If I sold 10 domains for 100 each,
which means 90 usd "profit",
they will send them separately
(because they can't combine payments (WHY, they were able to in the past !))
I will get 40x10=400
instead of 850,
because of bank fees.
Wondering whether they get a share of bak wire fees, or
trying to force us to use an alternative payment system (payoneer instead of wire).
In any case this is something between stupidity and scam.
They make banks scam us , and enjoy it.
Your bank assessing you fees is not the fault of Sedo or DAN. Neither is paying one payment for each sale out of the ordinary. Try charging more to make up for your banks fees.

All your posts are the same. Endless griping. Everyone is out to get you. Yada Yada.

The stupidity and incompetence you speak of doesn’t exist except in your head. The world is not going to adjust to you. You need to adjust to it.

Until your next complaining thread…

•••
@karmaco you may be right, but the OP is complaining of late payments too. Could be legitimate.

As for bank fees, if the OP is working assuming that they have been able to pay multiple payments out as one, but now they're saying no, that's not asking for the Earth on a stick for them to do it again...

Last edited:
•••
@karmaco you may be right, but the OP is complaining of late payments too. Could be legitimate.

As for bank fees, if the OP is working assuming that they have been able to pay multiple payments out as one, but now they're saying no, that's not asking for the Earth on a stick for them to do it again...
No platform is perfect and there may be some issues but every single post he makes is like this one. Its hard to take complaints seriously when thats all he does.

I don’t know previous payout concessions platforms might have made for him but calling them stupid and incompetent for actions taken by HIS BANK is ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
No platform is perfect and there may be some issues but every single post he makes is like this one. Its hard to take complaints seriously when thats all he does.

I don’t know previous payout concessions platforms might have made for him but calling them stupid and incompetent for actions taken by HIS BANK is ridiculous.
Fair I suppose re incessant complaining.

Some countries have awful bank setups where they rinse people of their cash on a daily basis. If it's not them, it's the government printing money and devaluing the money people have earnt.

•••
Karmaco is a very negative person.
Whatever he says is made of pure insult with no logical or informational content.

Both my bank and their banks are charging. I can't blame these banks.
But if they say, ok we will send payments later, and when it is time, they say "what?" (or just ignore);
or if they try to split the money they owe to me into pieces before sending;
do these make sense?

They are changing rules in a negative way without notice,
they fail to keep their promises.
And it costs me, time and money. And it will costs others as well.
Whose fault is it.

At Afternic there is no such problem, you set a threshold
and they send money in one wire as soon as you have more money than
that amount.

This is a one byte of data to add, one small aditional input for each user.
but both Sedo and Dan fail to make this
tiny change, and force me to send lots of messages everytime instead.
It is like, they get a cash back from their bank for each wire.

Last edited:
•••
At Afternic there is no such problem, you set a threshold
and they send money
Nice system. You'd think they will end up with a unified system at Dan now that they own them.

•••
Dan and Afternic: illusion of choice.
Sedo pretends to be a coalition of different companies (branches),
like finance department, transfer department, ..and there is no strong connection
between those; so if they don't send the money, they can say, finance dept is guilty here,
and if you ask finance dept, they would say, I didn't get instructions from transfer dept.
So, it is not suprise that Godaddy, Afternic, Dan , Uniregistry are (act like) different companies, when Sedo consists of mupliple departments pretending to be not responsible for eachother's actions.

Separation of powers, in negative sense.
It is like saying, "I didn't touch that person inappropriately, my hand did. "

Last edited:
•••
dont bank wire fees depend on your country and also on amount payout?

•••
Sorry you're having issues. I don't really have much to say about when it comes either the bank or the domain platform being late with their processes. It sucks and it happens, but hope you get to the bottom of it. What @karmaco said was quite sensible about charging a bit more for the domain, to at least compensate for fees

Last edited:
•••
If they (Dan) have to tell their bank, what this money is being sent for, they can say, sale of these domains, instead of sale of this domain. Or this domain and its friends..

At Sedo things are strange, in the past they were saying: we can't keep the money for a long time, and they wanted to send in two days. Now 4 days passed, after payment request (corresponding to sales since June), and they still don't understand what I'm talking about.

•••
If they (Dan) have to tell their bank, what this money is being sent for, they can say, sale of these domains, instead of sale of this domain. Or this domain and its friends..

At Sedo things are strange, in the past they were saying: we can't keep the money for a long time, and they wanted to send in two days. Now 4 days passed, after payment request (corresponding to sales since June), and they still don't understand what I'm talking about.
Hmm, I see. You're best to communicate with the source than complain in the forum, with respect. They know the situation, they have your money. Nobody here can really do anything, apart from give you a virtual shoulder rub. Hope you sort it out

Last edited:
•••
Its a conspiracy, thats my theory.
Your comment about telling bank though, what payment is for thats what wiped @Arca out. That was afternic and joe joe styler
Most dont remember @Arca but see his last posts. To bad there is horror stories with a lot of business(es) in this business
Seriously they should combine payments as I understand that issue

•••
use Paypal
on Sedo and Dan
no fees

•••
Sedo was probably sleeping. They are awake now.

Dan probably earns something from Payoneer referral.
They insist on their nonsense mistake.
Also domains don't resolve at Dan. Why use Dan: no reason.
I suspect Godaddy bought Dan, to eliminate it.

•••
Back