IT.COM

marketplace Sedo 10% fee BUY NOW

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ontiscal

Established Member
Impact
If your domain has a Buy Now price or uses the Buy Now or Best Offer option, is also parked at Sedo or uses the Sedo sales landing page and the buyer purchases your domain directly through the marketplace, 10% commission will apply.

Source: sedo .com/us/sell-domains/happy-new-yeah/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No reason for using DAN/Afternic instead of Sedo

•••
•••
"If the buyer does not purchase your domain directly on the Sedo marketplace, but comes through a partner of our SedoMLS sales network, the sales commission is always 20%, regardless of whether it is parked, uses the sales lander, had a fixed price or was offered on a negotiated basis."

•••
This was already the case, nothing new.

If the sedo landing page is preferred, 25% commission will be paid on sales made over the afternic network.

Choose wisely.

•••
A big part of Sedo sales is coming from MLS network, and especially from Namecheap.
Also sedo charges VAT, so the result is 24% commission...

•••
New domainer here. Does parking your domain at the seller's domain really make a difference? Has anyone been able to track that and confirm? I mean, 5% of the transaction is a good savings, but other than that, how many people find a domain by randomly stumbling on it, vs. going to Sedo to hunt for something specific? Tnx!

•••
vs. going to Sedo to hunt for something specific? Tnx!

Well I never go to Sedo to hunt & peck, haven't done so for nearly a decade.

And yes, if I do a whois lookup and find a Sedo listed domain I like, I type the specific domain in my browser bar. Maybe I'm a minority (old school), who knows?

p.s. Sedo search tool is probably the worst anywhere.

Last edited:
•••
The gold rule is to list the domains on all the relevant marketplaces (that mandatorily includes Sedo & DAN/Afternic).
Then you can choose where to park the domains according to your preference

•••
The gold rule is to list the domains on all the relevant marketplaces (that mandatorily includes Sedo & DAN/Afternic).
Then you can choose where to park the domains according to your preference
At that point, what is the benefit of parking it? I mean, parking probably worth it if takes many weeks for the domain to sell, but if you list on all marketplaces, wouldn't it be gone in day?

•••
I mean for parking that the domain has dan or sedo nameservers.
Then it depends where the lead comes from.
Potential buyer can search on the marketplace but also visit directly the domain. So it's better to have a for sale landing page in the second case.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back