Dynadot

warning Scam Warning Regarding Seller Presenting as George Dikian: [email protected]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

polymath2022

Impact

$20,000.00 in USDC was sent to someone presenting themselves as George Dikian, [email protected].​

The seller agreed to sell gato.com for $50,000.00. The seller agreed to transfer the domain after $20,000.00 USDC in cryptocurrency was sent, and then the remainder of the funds would be sent after the name was transferred.​

The seller then quit responding to emails and did not send the domain name or a refund.​

Has anyone else had experience with this seller? If so, please share your experiences.​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would be necessary to see the header of the mail, because according to the reverse whois of the email, under :

[email protected].​

are registered a lot of super premium domains, like 43.com, 20.org and more..

check here: https://domainnamescom.com/reverse_whois

I don't think someone with this portfolio is dedicated to doing that.

Last edited:
•••
Email spoofing perhaps
any idea why a transaction this big wasn't done using an escrow service ? just seems odd

•••
I will never understand why people are willing to send that much money with no guarantee, especially via cryptocurrency.

That is the downside of decentralized. There is no recourse or chargeback when you are scammed.

Use an escrow service to avoid this when dealing with a random 3rd party.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Why would you trust an unknown to you party with 20K in crypto and not use DAN or Epik?

If someone wants crypto for a regular domain its a red flag. Even more so if they don’t want to use an escrow service which protects both parties .

•••
Even the US government dares not to pay their bills via Crypto currencies,how dare you!

•••
the issue is not using an escrow service not the fact that he got paid in crypto

•••
What is the back story? You contacted them for a name? You got an email spam? How did this transaction start?

•••
the issue is not using an escrow service not the fact that he got paid in crypto
No, that is part of the issue as well.

There is no recourse. If you are paying via a method where it is anonymous, and there is no chance to reverse it, you should really be even more careful.

This is not like using Paypal, CC, or many other options where there is some recourse when you get screwed.

Though in fairness I would not send $20K to a buyer (via any method), just based on blind faith.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What is the back story? You contacted them for a name? You got an email spam? How did this transaction start?
I am wondering the same thing.

Brad

•••
One of those no escrow / trust me bro cases. Wonderful

If you're going to be dumb, be prepared to accept the consequences

•••
Has anyone else had experience with this seller?

•••
there is a lot of warning alert on it :
1. $50K and seller still using free email
2. not using escrow
3. crypto payment
4. have you try to verify domain ownership through cname or txt records ?

•••
•••
Has anyone else had experience with this seller?
There are a few questions addressed to you in this thread.

Could you take a moment to answer these questions as well?

Last edited:
•••
There are a few questions addressed to you in this thread.

Could you take a moment to answer these questions as well?
i think TS were dont have time and energy to answer any of these questions since he/she were quite bussy crying for the looses of $20K.... quite pricey cost of learning... Looking further into TS profile looks like he/she were new member joining Namepros in pursuit for the fraud seller...

•••
It seemed like the seller was legitimate based on their whois information... Expensive domains which seemed to be linked to the same whois information... And the seller's level of knowledge about the domain industry... I will not send payment without a legitimate escrow service like this again.

The seller agreed to sell gato.com for $50,000.00. The seller agreed to transfer the domain after $20,000.00 USDC in cryptocurrency was sent, and then the remainder of the funds would be sent after the name was transferred. The seller then quit responding to emails and did not send the domain name or a refund.

Last edited:
•••
It seemed like the seller was legitimate based on their whois information... Expensive domains which seemed to be linked to the same whois information... And the seller's level of knowledge about the domain industry... I will not send payment without a legitimate escrow service like this again.

The seller agreed to sell gato.com for $50,000.00. The seller agreed to transfer the domain after $20,000.00 USDC in cryptocurrency was sent, and then the remainder of the funds would be sent after the name was transferred. The seller then quit responding to emails and did not send the domain name or a refund.

gato.png

I think you should contact TUCOWS.COM, this [email protected] is one of the TUCOWS domain reseller. TUCOWS is the parent company of :
http://opensrs.com/
http://www.enom.com/
https://www.ascio.com/
https://www.hover.com/

if you need TUCOWS contact https://tucows.com/contact/

Last edited:
•••
I get emails from someone here messaging using the whois anonymous email contact option trying to sell me CVCV domain and asks for part payment always lol I just reply to them when I am bored and feel lonely to keep convo going

•••
•••
•••
file police report first and then you could ask TUCOWS to reveal all data related to [email protected]
goodluck getting them to reveal details because you can get crime reference number with a phone call in UK.

if they did reveal details people would be leaving that company. they'll only cooperate if police go to them directly or there is a court order, otherwise no chance

•••
goodluck getting them to reveal details because you can get crime reference number with a phone call in UK.

if they did reveal details people would be leaving that company. they'll only cooperate if police go to them directly or there is a court order, otherwise no chance

Yeah, unless you have a court order they certainly won't reveal that to a 3rd party. If there was an active investigation they would likely reveal it to the authorities though, without being compelled by court order.

I am not really sure there is much recourse unfortunately. It would be an extremely complex investigation, especially because crypto was involved and also be very hard to retrieve the funds.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
066 .com
326 .com
375 .com
550 .com
639 .com
735 .com
785 .com
825 .com
827 .com
829 .com
835 .com
836 .com
839 .com

These was some names I was trying to buy for a byuyer from him.

He did not seem to scam me at all.

deall was not done

•••
Whats with the dirty zero click links @polymorph ?
The first one is good example. Whats with that, more work for mods
Trying to infect peoples pc

•••
Back