NameSilo

Scam Alert - Beware of Sriram Gopalan

Located in Reviews started by Verysassyc, Jan 24, 2020.

Replies:
Views:

1. Verysassyc

Verysassyc Established Member

Yayyy!!!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Verysassyc

:)

3. Verysassyc

....I am sorry...was he being professional and respectful when didn't take responsibility for what occured??? Are you being professional by trying to threaten me on a chat thread???

4. Verysassyc

Done

5. Verysassyc

He wasnt willing to.pay for it...he used a bad cc and hasnt responded to sedos request for wire payment...he wanted me to send him a receipt for the sale asap with my signature...which...like a dummy ...I sent...so he has that now.

6. Verysassyc

He also ignored my request to remove my domain for sale until end of escrow.

7. Kyleirv

Kyleirv Restricted (85-100%)

@Verysassyc your in the right the guy is clearly really sketchy and is now spamming you with his buddies to bully you to get it off. Don't believe a word from these people him and his buddies are clearly bad people who want to scam others by removing threads that tell the truth.

8. Verysassyc

A lot of you are thinking this is an innocent guy...professional domain investors don't enter into escrow without the intention of paying for it...I have no idea what his plan is...all I know is that he immediately wanted a receipt with my signature.

9. Verysassyc

Thank you for your support!! Big hugs!!!

10. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com Gold Account VIP

Are SquadHelp the only ones in the domain branch that have invested in automating these checks?

Simple CRON jobs that can be programmed in a short time..

11. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com Gold Account VIP

Hmmm... I wonder if this lot think it's ok for strangers to just... take their cars when they feel like it.

That's a crime in this country. We call that one theft. Your case would probably be fraud.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  12. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

NEVER give a receipt prior to funds hitting your bank account.

Keep a close eye on that domain as he might try to use that receipt to transfer out. (Make sure domain is locked) in your account.

13. Kyleirv

Yeah I think the fraudster and his friends ran from this thread when they realized they had been outed anyway hopefully this will stop someone else getting conned in the future by these people.

14. Shamiul Alam

Shamiul Alam Established Member

Don't start again! It's already too much. New account?

15. Verysassyc

Yessss :)

16. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Great, and the subject also appears to be edited if I am not mistaken. DAN are good guys actually :) I Hope they will implement DNS (TXT records and maybe CNAME) ownership check though. Which was discussed with a lot of details in this thread. Will this result temporary decrease of the number of domains listed? Yes. But it would be temporary side effect. Until such a time the customers will adopt. Familiarizing yourself with DNS records, such as custom txt or cname records, is something any domains should do. Regardless of DAN or Sedo. We are all pros here at NamePros, aren't we? Doing DNS stuff is something that a PRO should always be able to :)
    @DAN.COM - just think about it, promoting a marketplace as a marketplace that cares, that lists only domains really owned by those who listed them - how great would it be.
    @Verysassyc - sorry if I missed it, but was the domain in question finally removed from DAN?

17. Kyleirv

In conclusion Dan is a scammer all round bad person and has some other fraudsters spamming fake stuff about him so innocent victims can continue to be duped by him. So many of these con artists online be carefully guys.

18. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I have had success, it was actually a typo a name I did not own, it sat there for a couple days and then it was accepted. The first and only time in 23 years of domaining I bought a typo at Name.com and then it sold, the correct spelling. It absolutely was accepted without me doing anything and the real owner did not have the name parked at Sedo.

19. Daniel Owens

Daniel Owens Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Is that business tactic legal?

20. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

No, it is not. Looks like a Dofo issue, not Sedo's.

21. Sutruk

Sutruk Established Member

Was this before or after they implemented the TXT record validation?

22. equity78

After

23. Sutruk

Then it's strange. If they have implemented the TXT record validation, it's precisely to prevent the listing of unverified domains.

24. equity78

That was my thought as well, I explained to them look I thought I bought IOTGLOBAL.com on Name.com, but I made the mistake and purchased IOTGoBAL.com. I listed it as IOTGLOBAL.com in SEDO and it sold. How did it sell? I made the mistake but you should have never listed it because I did not verify anything and the nameservers which they also use as verification, (all I have ever done, I have never used TXT verification) were not pointed to Sedo.

They were like we can't be perfect. Because my point was I screwed up listed the wrong name but how did you list it?

25. Sutruk

Yes it's strange. Maybe it was a bug. But the fact is that at least they are requesting the TXT or DNS verification, in order these things don't happen.
    They have implemented this verification precisely these mistakes can't happen again.

Maybe they also check and approve manually some pending listing domains, and the person checking the listing did a mistake. I really don't know.

But as you can see, the domain verification tries to prevent these situations.
    It's more work for sellers, having to add the txt records for each domain, but I think it's the least a marketplace platform should do, that's trying to avoid the listing of domains not owned by the seller.

I am tired of finding domains I own, listed for sale at other platforms, because they don't have these domain checks. People forget to remove the domain listing at marketplace (understandable, if you have 1000s domains and let expire some of them, even without knowing).
    But the marketplace system should have a daily task, checking for this DNS or TXT records for their listed domains, and if any of them fails to pass this check, then the domain should be automatically disabled at their marketplace.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice