Dan.com
NameSilo
Impact
@Bob Hawkes Do you have any news about the tax forms?
Thanks!
A few days ago I got the following from my Sav ticket. It did not indicate the reasoning (other than it came from their payment processor) or answer to my query about IRS interpretation of personal services.
"If you claim a treaty benefit, you will be prompted to fill out an 8233 form. We suggest using the 8233 Tax Form instead W8-BEN. "

My understanding remains that the 8233 is for compensation for personal services, which IRS define as services performed in the United States.

W8-BEN is for compensation from US firms for foreign people who perform that work from outside the United States in their home country.

Most other domain marketplaces, and other places that sell items at a US marketplace like eBay, generally use the W8-BEN and that is what Canadian tax accountants seem to suggest is correct form.

I have not decided what to do personally. For now I am not completing the 8233, nor taking out funds from Sav.

Bob

Last edited:

PurpleMan

Established Member
Impact
Of all the registrars I use, Sav is the most unresponsive when it comes to customer service. They will take days before replying to support tickets or Twitter DMs, no live chat on their website. So frustrating!

Is there any Sav staff that can attend to me here on Namepros via DM without asking me to go create a ticket on their website?

Nick R

Sav.com Staff
Impact
@KTC - We are aware of the issues with the auctions export file and hope to have them resolved in the next few weeks.

@CK_Yau - If you want to DM me the domain name and your Sav email address, I would be happy to take a look. We do attempt all domains that are dropping that have backorders placed on them before the start of the day. If the backorder is placed too late, like after the domain is caught, it is not taken into account when awarding the domain name.

@PurpleMan - We aim to respond to all tickets within 1 business day (M-F) and actually reply to most tickets within a few business hours. If you want to DM me the title of the ticket and your email address I would be happy to take a look.

PurpleMan

Established Member
Impact
@PurpleMan - We aim to respond to all tickets within 1 business day (M-F) and actually reply to most tickets within a few business hours. If you want to DM me the title of the ticket and your email address I would be happy to take a look.
I've finally been able to resolve it. I'll take note of this ensure to send you a DM next time I need help.

KTC

Established Member
Impact
@KTC - We are aware of the issues with the auctions export file and hope to have them resolved in the next few weeks.
Perfect. I hope that is the case on why ExpiredDomains.net took it down because of the export file cause I know I wasn't able to pull it myself. Look forward to buying at SAV again!

Traderas

Upgraded Member
Impact
I want to warn all fellow domainers that winning an auction in SAV, does not always mean that you do get the domain.
Two different times this month I won a domain. Everything was normal, they changed me and I received the winning email, but i didn’t got the domain.
Of course I contacted support and two days later they informed me that the domain is not in SAV anymore.
The didn’t even bother to apologize!

“This domain is no longer at Sav and in Sav's seller's account. We have refunded you for your winning bid. “

@Nick R

What does it means “the domain is no longer in sav.”?
Why and how a domain, that was auctioned, left SAV?
Why it did not automatically transferred in my account?
Maybe because I won it for a low price?

Attachments

• B59F03C8-3A86-4582-B651-F69C9323D294.png
    B59F03C8-3A86-4582-B651-F69C9323D294.png
    500 KB · Views: 15
  • A8A300BE-D866-4C0B-A2AE-F3D6F641A813.png
    A8A300BE-D866-4C0B-A2AE-F3D6F641A813.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 17

Nick R

Sav.com Staff
Impact
I want to warn all fellow domainers that winning an auction in SAV, does not always mean that you do get the domain.
Two different times this month I won a domain. Everything was normal, they changed me and I received the winning email, but i didn’t got the domain.
Of course I contacted support and two days later they informed me that the domain is not in SAV anymore.
The didn’t even bother to apologize!

“This domain is no longer at Sav and in Sav's seller's account. We have refunded you for your winning bid. “

@Nick R

What does it means “the domain is no longer in sav.”?
Why and how a domain, that was auctioned, left SAV?
Why it did not automatically transferred in my account?
Maybe because I won it for a low price?
Let me have our devs take a look at why this seller was able to transfer the domain out. When a domain is in an auction it should be locked so the domain can not be transferred out. My apologies about this.

NickB

it's a mystery
Impact
I've deleted my original post - got your ticket reply.

Mumbo Jumbo about holding funds to safe guard the integrity of the auction process - what a load of Horse manure.....

Totally unjustifiable as far as I'm concerned - The domain in question will go higher than my proxy bid and I will not be bidding higher, someone else can have it and I will not be using your services again.......

Last edited:
Top down