Dynadot

domains Salesforce.com Now Owns IQ.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Because of the high value of two letter .com domain names and the fact that quite a few have changed hands for significant sums of money during the past two years, I monitor all 676 two letter .com domain names. This morning, I received a DomainTools domain monitor alert for IQ.com indicating that something had recently changed in the Whois record.
If you visit IQ.com, you can see that the domain name currently forwards to RelateIQ.com, a company owned by Salesforce.com. According to an article online in Forbes, Salesforce.com acquired RelateIQ for $390 million in July of this year. RelateIQ is in the business of customer relationship management.
It will be interesting to see if Salesforce uses IQ.com as a standalone website or if the company is content using IQ.com as a forwarder. I am not familiar with the RelateIQ brand, but it would be interesting if Salesforce opts to rebrand the business as IQ or Salesforce IQ or something along those lines.
Full Article: http://www.domaininvesting.com/salesforce-com-now-owns-iq-com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Salesforce Inc. has one of the most impressive domain portfolios that I have ever seen, and they continue to amaze me with their domain acquisitions. Unlike Nissan, Salesforce gets it.

Sample of their premium domain names:
  • Force.com
  • Desk.com
  • Site.com
  • Social.com
  • Community.com
  • Work.com
  • SalesForce.com
  • Clipboard.com
  • Chatter.com
  • DataStore.com
  • And many, many more.

•••
  • Force.com
  • Desk.com
  • Site.com
  • Social.com
  • Community.com
  • Work.com
  • SalesForce.com
  • Clipboard.com
  • Chatter.com
  • DataStore.com
  • Data.com
  • Database.com

•••
Having used SalesForce and seeing the ease RelateIQ has over it, I would say that they should take an innovative approach to CRM with IQ by combining the two and making it a super-statistician-computer.

Implement the ease of RelateIQ, with the much more powerful modules of SalesForce, to statistically determine what action a user may take. This could be accomplished with industry alliances and lead sharing.

Once all the pieces of the puzzle are put together from where a person has shopped, to what they've bought and how many steps a day they walk, there could be an algorithm that can trigger a lead being sent to a specific company at just the right time to close a deal.

It's a pretty scary concept to think of, but in reality, it's happening all around us every time we swipe either our club card or Visa card, rather than pay cash.

•••
They missed Z.com :)but otherwise, nicely done!

Though I can't see them forwarding iq.com, probably they will rebrand to that.

•••
How much for this domain ???

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back