Dynadot

Sale of Domain within 60 Day Lock period with Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bhanu Kiran

Established Member
Impact
After Purchasing a Domain from say Dynadot, and placing it on Afternic.com and if a Buyer approaches to Buy the Domain But if the Domain is Still in the 60 day lock period with the Registrar Dynadot can i Transfer the Domain to the Buyer as part of the sale

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
contact them and tell them it is locked they will relay the message to the buyer and if he accepts the domain to be pushed to his dynadot account they will arrange for the push

•••
contact them and tell them it is locked they will relay the message to the buyer and if he accepts the domain to be pushed to his dynadot account they will arrange for the push
I Listed some newly Registered Domains on Afternic & Sedo if a sale happens within 60 day lock period will it Transact Smoothly.

•••
What about in the case the buyer has a Godaddy A/c

•••
It can't be transfered to other registrar. I don't know with Sedo, but when I sold a domain in DAN, just 2 weeks after handreg, DAN contact me to push the domain to DAN account in Dynadot. And the seller get it from DAN. No problem, payment accepted 1 day after I pushed the domain. I didn't have to deal with the buyer.

Last edited:
•••
The sales assistant will tell the buyer about the transfer lock and suggest them to create an account at the current registrar (for a push transfer). In all of my (inbound) sales (within time of transfer lock) the buyers did it that way.

But i've read about that some buyers choose to wait until the lock is over and then close the deal.
It is nothing to worry about. Go list them at the marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
What about in the case the buyer has a Godaddy A/c
the transfer agent will explain the lock to them they either choose to make an account at dynadot or wait for the lock to be lifted :) honestly it will mostly depend on the buyer not the marketplace

•••
The sales assistant will tell the buyer about the transfer lock and suggest them to create an account at the current registrar (for a push transfer). In all of my (inbound) sales (within time of transfer lock) the buyers did it that way.

But i've read about that some buyers choose to wait until the lock is over and then close the deal.
It's useful tip. Thank you.

•••

Nice Clear Answer , Thanks

•••
Internal transfer within the same registrar (push) will work just fine provided the buyer is okay with it.
However, you won't be able to activate services like Afternic Fast Transfer or SedoMLS Premium while the domain is under 60-day lock.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back