Dynadot

advice safehire.com for $1777

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vkkan

Established Member
Impact
Hello folks, my first post in this forum , today i have bid for safehire.com for $1777 does my bid worth it ? Little worried 😢

Let me know your thoughts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome friend!

Are you the bidder or the domain owner?

Best of luck!

•••
•••
Welcome friend!

Are you the bidder or the domain owner?

Best of luck!
Nice! I like the domain. It's a good one. Aged too.

Best of luck!

•••
Nice! I like the domain. It's a good one. Aged too.

Best of luck!
Thanks your kind words , so one day i will get back the money i spent , how did you checked domain age? forgive me for silly questions

•••
You should stop if you are not sure of what you're doing.
Of course, members here may give you a realistic price range of the domain's worth, but relying on somebody else's advice for your investments is folly. At best it is gambling or wishful thinking.
And even good names can take a long time to sell.

•••
You should stop if you are not sure of what you're doing.
Of course, members here may give you a realistic price range of the domain's worth, but relying on somebody else's advice for your investments is folly. At best it is gambling or wishful thinking.
And even good names can take a long time to sell.
understood, all my question was that the money i spent was worth it ? Is it possible to make money when i sell it , i am not expecting to sell this near soon , just ball park assumptions , thanks for your time

•••
maybe...

upload_2018-5-1_15-36-12.jpeg

•••
I don't think it was worth it. $1777 is a much too high reseller price for this domain. If someone asked me before the auction I would have guessed that it would have sold for $300-500 at NJ or GD. Surprised it went up to $1777 in a domainer auction.

You could have gotten one better domain, or multiple similar quality domains for $1777.

You'll probably be able to make a profit on the domain if an end-user that wants it eventually comes along. So if you're patient I don't think the money is lost. That might not happen in 5-10 years. The chances of selling it for a decent return (i.e. 10X or more) seem slim though, but you should be able to recoup your cost and make a small profit if it sells to an end user.

•••
I don't think it was worth it. $1777 is a much too high reseller price for this domain. If someone asked me before the auction I would have guessed that it would have sold for $300-500 at NJ or GD. Surprised it went up to $1777 in a domainer auction.

You could have gotten one better domain, or multiple similar quality domains for $1777.

You'll probably be able to make a profit on the domain if an end-user that wants it eventually comes along. So if you're patient I don't think the money is lost. That might not happen in 5-10 years. The chances of selling it for a decent return (i.e. 10X or more) seem slim though, but you should be able to recoup your cost and make a small profit if it sells to an end user.
Thanks again for your explanation and help

•••
It's worth about $300.. also looks like it could be claimed for Trademark Infringement. So becareful. I'd cancel my order.

•••
I agree, for that price you could have gotten a few good 4 letter domains. Definitely a bit high for a two word domain.

•••
Hello folks, my first post in this forum , today i have bid for safehire.com for $1777 does my bid worth it ? Little worried 😢

Let me know your thoughts

Too high for re-seller price, IMHO.

•••
safehire.... what does that even mean?

•••
It's ultimately up to a buyer (if you get one) that will decide if you will make a profit or will have to take a loss. If your price tag for the name is worth it to them or not.

I wouldn't have paid that much for it imo.

Welcome to NP!
Best of luck to you with a sale! :xf.smile:

•••
Hi all finally i was able to back off from this bid , no hard earn money lost here after i will be careful about this and play safe , thanks again all for valuable insights , i will keep learning ☺

•••
you won the auction/domain - and was still able to back out?

•••
How did you get so lucky to back off of it?? Cancel your creditcard? Godaddy will try to sneak in a payment.

•••
Seen it was reported as a sale on namebio for $1777. Date 5-01--2018.
Venue GD

•••
just pray to god that someone will bid higher! but I really doubt it will happen! :xf.grin:,
anyway congrat you will win that domain:xf.grin:

•••
@Joe Styler can you figure out how this domainer was able to back out? He said he bid, @Michael shows it sold, how did they back out?

•••
Hi all finally i was able to back off from this bid , no hard earn money lost here after i will be careful about this and play safe , thanks again all for valuable insights , i will keep learning ☺

How were you able to backout, the auction closed there, GoDaddy @JoeStyler will close your account and ban you for non payment.

•••
We don't allow people to back out. We may not be able to charge you if your payment method is bad but that will result in a ban.

•••

I am sorry guys for the wrong info, after this post i rechecked again and found that still the domain was under my account and i have to pay and complete

•••
Well, I think it's a pretty good name. I likely wouldn't have bid as much, but that's just me. SafeHire is regged in 15 TLDs, and there certainly seem to be several companies for whom SafeHire.com would be a name upgrade.

The most obvious use of this name would be a company doing employee background and pre-employment checks. Indeed, that's what this name was previously used for.

Wishing you success for an end-user sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back