Dynadot

domain s a n p e d r o c a c t u s .com - I paid 13,695 for my dream domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelic

Established Member
Impact
www. s a n p e d r o c a c t u s .com

In 2013 I had a life changing psychedelic experience on a substance that relatively few people even know about.
This substance is a cactus known as the "san pedro cactus"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinopsis_pachanoi

This domain name recently expired and was picked up by Huge Domains for $360(They made a good healthy profit on this one).

San Pedro means Saint Peter, and the cactus is named as such because Saint Peter holds the keys to heaven.
The san pedro cactus contains mescaline, as do other species of cacti, but there is something unique about the san pedro cactus. The experience is particularly gentle and euphoric in a way that is hard to describe(this has to do with the cocktail of other psychedelic alkaloids other than mescaline)

The San Pedro Cactus subreddit has over 40,000 members:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sanpedrocactus/

I didn't purchase this domain name to make a profit; I purchased it because it is an exact match dot com for the specific psychedelic which has changed my life in profound ways, and it feels like fate and a once in a lifetime opportunity to own the domain. Really shows you the value of a domain name is subjective. A domain name is worth what someone is willing to pay.

While my motivation was not financial, I am interested in what you think of the price?

Also what are some ways I could put this domain name to use?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Alrighty then. There were two questions. As price has largely been covered, let's address the other.
Also what are some ways I could put this domain name to use?
I like to start with the goal in mind. What do you want to do with it? You have said you want people to be informed about this plant. This tells me an educational site. You can have facts through the main pages and maybe a blog where you or guest writers could tell about personal experiences, like how you came to be a fan.

This site could make money, or not, depending on secondary goals that you have beyond education. There are infinite number of ways to monetize a site with content. Here's a starter list with brief explanations: websitesetup dot org slash 33-ways-to-monetize-website

Please note that some advertisers will avoid any mention of drug terminology, while others will flock to it. You'll need to be selective with your ad partners.

If you don't know how to build a website, affordable help is available at Fiverr and other gig portals. It's easy to run once you get set up.

•••
•••
Alrighty then. There were two questions. As price has largely been covered, let's address the other.

I like to start with the goal in mind. What do you want to do with it? You have said you want people to be informed about this plant. This tells me an educational site. You can have facts through the main pages and maybe a blog where you or guest writers could tell about personal experiences, like how you came to be a fan.

This site could make money, or not, depending on secondary goals that you have beyond education. There are infinite number of ways to monetize a site with content. Here's a starter list with brief explanations: websitesetup dot org slash 33-ways-to-monetize-website

Please note that some advertisers will avoid any mention of drug terminology, while others will flock to it. You'll need to be selective with your ad partners.

If you don't know how to build a website, affordable help is available at Fiverr and other gig portals. It's easy to run once you get set up.
I was thinking some sort of educational site as well. Thank you for the ideas!!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back