IT.COM

discuss .RS Showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here we go!

The .RS extension stands for Serbia, Europe.

It is mostly being used for domain hacks (answe.rs being the highest sale at $20k from what I remember) but it also means life in chinese.

The lowest registration fee I found is at Plus.rs (no english site but works well with google translate) and it costs 1920 Dinar which is about $17 per registration. But there are other local sites (in English) which cost just above $20.

There are still a lot of available short domains, numbers and letters and from what I understood there is no restriction whatsoever for registering or transferring a domain (no wait time to tranfer, can be same day as regged).

Besides two domain hacks transfe(.)rs and tracto(.)rs I just registered a few short domains:

28(.)rs
38(.)rs
58(.)rs
68(.)rs
78(.)rs
98(.).rs
222(.)rs
678(.)rs
8888(.)rs

bj(.)rs
sz(.)rs
gz(.)rs

So what do you have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And regarding DNS - no DNS zone management as with well known companies, registrars provides just NS setting with standard .RS registration.

Last edited:
•••
So 1 .RS domain with paid national registration fee, DNS and Whois management costs 5 to 9 .com registrations.

Last edited:
•••
Loopia rs for example provides no option for setting per domain Whois data(registrant, technical and administrative contacts) they are charging 5usd for that per domain, and that public information restriction as - is against GDPR and it seems that limit stands for entire Serbian DN registrant companies.
Multiple domain clients having .rs domain will contain the main account data in their domain records. The only work around, aside paying $5 for Whois / $9 for DNS zone management, is to transfer domains around new accounts, contact data and third party emails that is obviously inconvenient.

Last edited:
•••
And regarding DNS - no DNS zone management as with well known companies, registrars provides just NS setting with standard .RS registration.
We offer a free full DNS service ( DNS zone management ) with all IstanCo – registered .rs domain names

•••
We offer a free full DNS service ( DNS zone management ) with all IstanCo – registered .rs domain names

Good to hear of it ! Thanks, I' will remember your companies offer for the next annual renewals. Regards

•••
Besides being relatively cheap, .RS domain provides additional value with security as DNSSEC setup is free.

•••
https://www.loopia.rs/loopiadns/
now costs about 4 eur while use to cost around 10 usd
-for the common DNS registry records management

Provide some link to the service you are advocating? The link I've posted is my most trusty choice service, and comparing with other hosts/registrars websites info can be found that most are charging for DNS and Whois protection.
The 2 are just exception with one of them mentioned above by thread starter.
And regarding DNSSEC that is also not adopted by most national commercial registrars.

•••
2-Letter Auction
Jan 20th - 27th

The auctioned domains fulfill following criteria:

Every domain extension (TLD) allowed
The domain consists of 2 letters: no hyphens and no digits
The reserve price is in line with market values
The domain does not violate any rights of third parties (such as trademark rights, copyrights or names of famous people)

https://sedo.com/us/buy-domains/auction-calendar/

•••
To update criteria or propositions at announced auction:
" The reserve price is in line with market values".
That means that allowed reserved price for sellers to set during submissions would be maximum value achieved at particular extension domain transaction(recorded online) history!

•••
It would push the RS domainers if there is such data as the RNIDS report somewhere.

Last edited:
•••
It would push the RS domainers if there is such data as the RNIDS report somewhere.

Indeed, such information would be most useful for domainers, however, I think RNIDS is not likely to provide such information as it could lead to confidential (personal) information leaks and consequently privacy issues.

•••
•••
•••
Good thing to know considering current economic situation is that .RS domain registration price has not increased, as many other domains did.

•••
Just dropped:

• virtualtou.rs
  • b1.rs
  • hoste.rs
  • copie.rs

•••
Just dropped:

• lyte.rs
  • ctd.rs
  • expres.rs

•••
•••
I still see some amazing opportunities with available .RS domains for English word-hacks (words ending -rs) that would provide branding/identity:

ampe.rs
armo.rs
fuba.rs
inke.rs
raze.rs
vowe.rs
... I am sure there are more, but the interesting part is that they are available for registration.

•••
I still see some amazing opportunities with available .RS domains for English word-hacks (words ending -rs) that would provide branding/identity:

ampe.rs
armo.rs
fuba.rs
inke.rs
raze.rs
vowe.rs
... I am sure there are more, but the interesting part is that they are available for registration.

u gotta know nada about selling domains if u think these will ever sell and make the good folk here money. stop pumping your crap. u have some chance with stuff like ca.rs .. and few more ..but who owns these maybe u and friends... and u pump the non sellable trash to rest of us

•••
expired domains in the .RS domain zone : expired.rs

•••
•••
•••
Back