IT.COM

discuss .RS Showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here we go!

The .RS extension stands for Serbia, Europe.

It is mostly being used for domain hacks (answe.rs being the highest sale at $20k from what I remember) but it also means life in chinese.

The lowest registration fee I found is at Plus.rs (no english site but works well with google translate) and it costs 1920 Dinar which is about $17 per registration. But there are other local sites (in English) which cost just above $20.

There are still a lot of available short domains, numbers and letters and from what I understood there is no restriction whatsoever for registering or transferring a domain (no wait time to tranfer, can be same day as regged).

Besides two domain hacks transfe(.)rs and tracto(.)rs I just registered a few short domains:

28(.)rs
38(.)rs
58(.)rs
68(.)rs
78(.)rs
98(.).rs
222(.)rs
678(.)rs
8888(.)rs

bj(.)rs
sz(.)rs
gz(.)rs

So what do you have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
For sale/available:

motorcycle.rs
bicycle.rs
snowmobile.rs
autoinsurance.rs
lifeinsurance.rs
healthinsurance.rs
homemortgage.rs
cheapcarinsurance.rs
pressurecooke.rs
domainnamebroke.rs

Contact me here or find them on Sedo.

Thank you.

•••
answe.rs seems is up for sale.

•••
•••
Just renewed a hack, out of all the dozen or so RS only keeping two, all the rest just let expire. @Noe appreciate the coupons for renewal for current customers : smile :

Anyone have any sales to report?

•••
Just renewed a hack, out of all the dozen or so RS only keeping two, all the rest just let expire. @Noe appreciate the coupons for renewal for current customers : smile :

Anyone have any sales to report?

I sold a few 2l.rs last year .. I think it was flippa.. but all low prices.. around $50.

all in all I just probably brokle even on my .rs investmnet so far.. sales/regs ... I do not believe I renewed any so far.

I am holding only one now.. vu.rs

and its not looking too hot for a sale.

which hack do u own?

I sitll think good hacks in .rs have potential.. but not stuff like owne.rs or something..

but relevant product service keywords.. like compute.rs..... move.rs

etc

of course these are all long taken. and do get renewed.

most hacks will never sell unfortunaltey.

cheers

•••
My two remaining are vc/rs because that is certainly an up and coming technology LOL unx is old school and pea/rs which used to be an open source site
VC could also stand for Venture Capital, maybe like Venture Capital-ers VC(e)rs

•••
•••
I regged sl/./rs.
What are your thoughts on this, guys?
It's like a quirky URL short for "sellers". Other option SLRs, as in the camera type.

•••
•••
Looking good ...
crave.rs
glowe.rs
tweeze.rs
daysta.rs
toolba.rs
minica.rs
outwea.rs
midyea.rs
modula.rs

•••
dropped: ( a full list )

• xk .rs
  • 58 .rs
  • ym .rs

$19.58 with " namepros30 " promo code

•••
For those .rs ccTLD investors interested in evaluations like these, you may find the following insightful:
Asset Type:
Dictionary-Word / Short (6-Letters or less)
Note: Unfortunately, the English word does not work with the fluent languages of the ccTLD's region. This can/will hurt indexing of the asset in the ccTLD region. It may even be devalued a little by English search algorithms for the ccTLD's regional language not matching before the dot. The mixed-matched combination isn't always a deal breaker though. Added marketing capital can correct the negative aspects.
Note: You can get over 100 more niche ideas from the acronym list. I like Reconnaissance and Surveillance the best, so far. A service dedicated just to Reconnaissance and Surveillance videos and playing the ccTLD into the the brand in a way that the regional definition no longer matters.
Unfortunately, there does not appear to be much demand in development. That or those investors aren't actively looking for anyone interested. For the .com to be free with hardly any lucrative monetization to compensate for the asset investment value and all the other legacy gTLDs being parked, it's a bad sign for ccTLD's, with an exception of a few.

The hard part is identifying the potential end-user, gathering more research on their specific niche, formulating a presentation, negotiating, and closing.

There is a tiny bit of reseller value due to it being a 6-letter or less dictionary-word, however, you will have to do a lot of leg-work to find the right buyer and apply the hard parts I mentioned above, which in most cases, investors fail at.
Full Evaluation - VIP/Gold Only

•••
Hello, my guess is that hack domain combinations are popular(with depending on further internet consumer habits) because of type-in traffic.

Further regarding Eric's elaborating I would quote SEO hacker "There are about 200 ranking factors in Google's algorithm, and domain name is only one of them; thus it has very little to no effect with the site's SEO".

Additionally international businesses can benefit from the new branding possibilities.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Please remove my previous post - it turns out that authorities of Serbia parliament web service are blocking most outside country ips, including Google translate proxy service and even as this measure is opaque against information, education and intercultural exchange in already established international programs and partnerships, I don't want be considered publicly as whistler blower neither activist against centralism most people are prone to favor as their national politic and far east welcoming perspective.

Last edited:
•••
Which registrar is offering the cheapest transfer for .rs?

•••
Hi .tv,
As in the post above(asking moderation from thread starter again!), I've to sound as critic again, in regards to .rs domaining as to your question the answer is - no such option to consider a cheap.
99% of registrars are having no any pricing promotions on .rs domains being registration or transfer pricing is around $25-30.
Yet I'll mention the 'relatively' new company Plus Hosting with $1.5 lower pricing for .rs domains than average.

•••
30% OFF - for Namepros members is still active. discount code " namepros30 "

Last edited:
•••
30% OFF - for Namepros members is still active. discount code " namepros30 "
Is there provided WhoIs DNS records management or it costs additional $5 , as with most other .rs registrars? As presently non-providing it to all as standard service - is against privacy data protection management GDPR - international regulations

Last edited:
•••
The DNS record management is completely free. Concerning the WHOIS privacy, masking user data is not against or conflicting with GDPR in any way because for individuals data is masked (private) by default, while for companies information is displayed.
The WHOIS protection which is a paid service according to RNIDS regulation is an additional layer of protection.

•••
Loopia rs for example provides no option for setting per domain Whois data(registrant, technical and administrative contacts) they are charging 5usd for that per domain, and that public information restriction as - is against GDPR and it seems that limit stands for entire Serbian DN registrant companies.

Last edited:
•••
Back