IT.COM

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?
its just disrespectful ..
he didnt broke any rules ...
and providing opportunities to new domainers..
nothing wrong in that if u have problem just put him in ignore and do your own things like buying 3l .com in 2k usd please

Thanks

•••
Rob Monster is an amazing asset to namepros. We do not have CEOs of big registrars answer questions for me. He helps bunch of folks here. He is brining great value to the forum. I think 99% of namepros members welcome his full participation. Epik.com gives amazing deals. Calling him a spammer is absurd. Spammers don't provide amazing value and discounts for its members.

•••
Questioning someone’s sanity is a little over the top. As far as I know, any registrar or their employees is allowed to post here. Most don’t care to except if someone airs a gripe. Sometimes not even then. Other than that, they may read but they don’t care to interact with NPers if they don’t have to.

if you see posts that are rule breakers by all means report. But he is allowed to be a participating member here. As Riz mentioned, he has helped alot of domainers here.

My initial thought was oh look another anti @Rob Monster post. 🙄 meanwhile he has saved domainers (including this one) a ton of money on transfers.

Last edited:
•••
Got -7 dislikes in 12 minutes. Question yours

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I personally don't see anything wrong with it. If the admins don't take action against it then who are we to ask Rob to stop? Also, it doesn't matter how many Epik links they put. If the registrar sucks, no one will use it. Epik is a great registrar that's why many of us don't mind the links.

•••
@johnn
With all due respect to your anonymous avatar....

This looks like a cheap parlor trick to get a top-ranking thread. Too bad it only accrues dislikes. There is some entirely organic feedback for you.

Seriously, do you guys have a secret club for discussing this nonsense and take shifts to report posts? Go easy on those Mods. They are doing their best. They know the deal.

Here is what happened the last time a few folks got together to try to browbeat me:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-epik-and-rob-monster.1128748/

The new arrivals might not know the backstory about why the oldtimers get so butt-hurt about my occasional posts. My posting took a bit of a break actually. Perhaps you missed that.

The bigger question is this: are we having fun making the pie bigger?

upload_2019-12-8_16-59-26.png

It would appear ....

upload_2019-12-8_17-0-24.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I disagree with the title of this thread. There has been many occasions where the Name Pros Moderators have held Rob in violation of the rules. I have not seen favoritism from the Moderators towards Rob and allowing him to circumvent Name Pro policies. When you make statements such as the one titled here in this thread, you also infer that the Name Pros Moderators turn a blind eye when rules apply to Rob.

Last edited:
•••
"Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime."

Did he use bitcoin...masterbucks...we gots to know! Oh, wait a tick...it says he didn't pay. Never-mind.

•••
What exact wrongdoing we are speaking about? Not paying for NamePros? I personally do not want NamePros to be sold, to Epik or to any other registrar.
Rob is a businessman. Any other registrar is welcome to participate, in the same way. Following the rules. If somebody is not following the rules - the post can be reported. And it will be edited or deleted by mods.
This thread shows that Epik indeed gained a number of supporters, as well as a number of skeptics, as the result of increased participation level @ np. The balance must be positive for business. Pure mathematics...

Last edited:
•••
I disagree with the title of this thread. There has been many occasions where the Name Pros Moderators have held Rob in violation of the rules. I have not seen favoritism from the Moderators towards Rob and allowing him to circumvent Name Pro policies. When you make statements such as the one titled here in this thread, you also infer that the Name Pros Moderators turn a blind eye when rules apply to Rob.

It does seem like Rob sometimes has a problem with having a discussion without pushing his own products and services.

There have been many threads that started as supposed discussions that ended up being moved to promotional for obvious reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It does seem like Rob sometimes has a problem with having a discussion without flogging his own products.

There have been many threads that started as supposed discussions that ended up being moved to promotional for obvious reasons.

Brad
You have just validated my point. When Rob is in violation the Name Pros Moderaters step up and do their job.

•••
Sounds like he found a great community and joined in and expanded his business! Very smart.... very smart! Explains why he is very successful right now.

@johnn Also how many times are you going to spam about leaving... oh $h!t!! Well look at you, right back here at NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
Uh oh. He gives special rules to 1% of customers so be prepared Namepros!!!

I know he didn’t buy the forum but special rules do apply at epik.com and they don’t favor us here.

•••
Spammers don't provide amazing value and discounts

Hi

spammers are always offering domains or seo or web design which they claim is an amazing value and often they include discounts too.

bringing value and offering discounts is one thing,
however posting links to your website and promoting your services outside of Advertising section is another.....which btw is against forum rules.

its just disrespectful ..
he didnt broke any rules ..

it's not about John disrespecting him, it's more like he is disrespecting the forum.
and perhaps you should get familiar with the no promotion statement, so you'll know.

1. General (»)
1.1. Do not spam or engage in self-promotion outside the designated advertising sections, e.g., the Promotional section.

and that's the issue.

imo...

•••
And many more:

You are what is wrong with much of the world. Disagree with someone and then drop the "mental problems" tag. You are classless @johnn

•••
Uh oh. He gives special rules to 1% of customers so be prepared Namepros!!!

I know he didn’t buy the forum but special rules do apply at epik.com and they don’t favor us here.

Actually, the "Happy Hours" and "Whale Watch" are being openly discussed here. This is illustrative of transparency, not special rules for 1%. If you think that, you are not paying attention.

When a whale came to Epik, they got a great deal, and so did everyone else. I chalk that loss up to Digital Empowerment since it is helping a lot of folks with tiny portfolios, especially in emerging markets.

Occasionally, a big guy gets in on the fun, but actually they are less of the focus. I would way rather help 1000 folks says $100 then to help one whale save $100,000.

The investment in relaunching DomainGraduate.com as a free course is exactly illustrative of the process. Anyone could have become a free sponsor. They only had to contribute their knowledge. A few did.

Last edited:
•••
Actually the whole thing with the "Happy Hours" and "Whale Watch" that it is openly discussed here is illustrative of transparency.

When a whale came to Epik, they got a great deal, and so did everyone else. I chalk that loss up to Digital Empowerment since it is helping a lot of folks with tiny portfolios in emerging markets.

Occasionally, a big guy gets in on the fun, but actually they are less of the focus. I would way rather help 1000 folks says $100 then to help one whale save $100,000.

The investment in relaunching DomainGraduate.com as a free course is exactly illustrative of the process. Anyone could have become a free sponsor. They only had to contribute their knowledge. A few did.
Show me how godaddy treats auctions or drops different for 1% of customers. You’ll have legs then...

•••
We should encourage all owners and representatives of domain and related companies to become engaged on this forum. It makes for a far more productive, and transparent, conversation.

With Rob you know what you get because he engages with the oldest industry veterans to the newest and less knowledgeable starters. Its commendable how he treats everyone very kindly.

What you see is what you get. I like it. You don't have to.

Peace!

Last edited:
•••
Rob Monster is a businessman in an online forum. So it is clear that he also pursues interests of his own. But hey, aren´t we all being and doing the same, being business people pursueing our interests?

Imagine Namepros without Rob Monster and his staff ("hired spammer team"). Would it be a better place for domainers? Not for me.

Disagree with someone and then drop the "mental problems" tag.
This is really evil. I prefer every spammer against bullying elements.

•••
Show me how godaddy treats auctions or drops different for 1% of customers. You’ll have legs then...

Please walk the good people through your incontrovertible evidence that there is some special treatment for drops. Please enlighten us. Our expiry stream is as follows:

- On day 36, it goes to Snapnames. Any favoritism? Nope.

- On day 44, it goes to Daily Diamonds on Epik. Any favoritism? Nope.

I will be waiting to hear where there is some special slack being given here. In the absence of incontrovertible evidence of this nonsense, the good people will await an apology for your fake news.

•••
You have just validated my point. When Rob is in violation the Name Pros Moderaters step up and do their job.

Indeed.

Mods rely on member reports.

upload_2019-12-8_17-27-25.png

If a thread has not been moved, yet it appears obvious of promotion, it might not have been reported yet.

All you gotta do is press the report button, then (if and when validated by mods) the thread is moved to the breakroom, where breakroom threads aren't eligible for time based (daily, weekly, monthly) trends.

(imo) Epik and related content have encountered plenty of reports, resulting in moved threads, to the point where they now operate (at least on namePros) with more understanding of the rules. I've noticed a lot of improvement with how content is prefaced, and appreciate them making the effort.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Please walk the good people through your incontrovertible evidence that there is some special treatment for drops. Please enlighten us. Our expiry stream is as follows:

- On day 36, it goes to Snapnames. Any favoritism? Nope.

- On day 44, it goes to Daily Diamonds on Epik. Any favoritism? Nope.

I will be waiting to hear where there is some special slack being given here. In the absence of incontrovertible evidence of this nonsense, the good people will await an apology for your fake news.
I’ve enlightened them via the expired domain, mobilewallet.com.

Your staff assured me that expired domains with a back order will change accounts on the 16th day. When my BO wasn’t honored you pulled bullshit about 1% of customers having special privilege to renew domains beyond the other 99%.

You fucked up on this one.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back