IT.COM

Reviews of baseballworld's investing and development group

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wormfood

----Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well when you register tons of names like: BestApplebeesCoupons4MeToUse.com you'll get hit with those UDRPs ;)

•••
Even better:

B. Respondent
The Respondent did not formally reply to the Complainant’s contentions. The Respondent sent an email, stating that β€œI did email back and you never responded.” The Center acknowledged receipt of the email communication, indicating that it had not received any previous email communication from the Respondent. Although, the Respondent was asked to forward such email communication to the Center, no reply has been received from the Respondent.

•••
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2016-2088

The Respondent is a serial cybersquatter who has been involved in several proceedings under the Policy and in each one has been ordered to transfer the domain names in issue. See, e.g., LEGO Juris A/S v. Jared Burnup, WIPO Case No. D2013-1689, Eveready Battery Company, Inc. v. Jared Burnup, WIPO Case No. D2013-1037. In addition, the Complainant has submitted evidence in the Complaint that the Respondent currently owns numerous domain name registrations that contain or incorporate well-known trademarks owned by third parties.

•••
Wow. He was in chat laughing about how funny it is that people don't buy TM's and how that getting in trouble for TM's is a myth, etc. I've seen him go on that type of tirade several times to noobs who were posting TM names and were getting a logical response.

•••
he seemed nice active friendly fella
I almost bought his investment
is all this true @Eric Lyon ?
his account seems still around.

•••
he seemed nice active friendly fella
I almost bought his investment
is all this true @Eric Lyon ?
his account seems still around.
Which makes one wonder. Was he setting something up the entire time? Maybe his sheep suit started wearing thin and he new his time was up. Or maybe I am just the wrong person to cross. Yes, it is only $200 but it is way more than that to me and I have such a hard time letting such things go.

•••
Which makes one wonder. Was he setting something up the entire time? Maybe his sheep suit started wearing thin and he new his time was up. Or maybe I am just the wrong person to cross. Yes, it is only $200 but it is way more than that to me and I have such a hard time letting such things go.

yes true
you have every right to be mad whenever we get screwed
no matter amount

•••
Last edited:
•••

I couldn't search beyond page one.

I tried sorting by date and found only 8 results...

upload_2017-10-3_20-44-13.png

•••
I couldn't search beyond page one.

I tried sorting by date and found only 8 results...

Show attachment 70119

Sort by relevance, I see 48. Briguy's link is sorted by relevance, I see on the bottom where you can go to page 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited:
•••
Sort by relevance, I see 48. Briguy's link is sorted by relevance, I see on the bottom where you can go to page 2, 3, 4, 5

(no disrespect) But as mentioned in my previous post, I couldn't search beyond page one. When I clicked page 2,3,4, or 5 I got the below no results

upload_2017-10-3_20-48-42.png

Can anyone else load page two? Maybe it's just my browser...?

•••
(no disrespect) But as mentioned in my previous post, I couldn't search beyond page one. When I clicked page two, I got the below no results

Show attachment 70121

Can anyone else load page two? Maybe it's just my browser...?
Notice my posting.."update".. got same results.. thinking maybe his name was mentioned 48 times not 48 legal actions..

•••
Notice my posting.."update".. got same results.. thinking maybe his name was mentioned 48 times not 48 legal actions..

So what happens after losing? Does he just lose the domain, or are there further actions / financial repercussions?

I'm asking because the last WIPO decision against him came down about a month and a half after the investment fund thread was created.

Thread created: October 11th, 2016
WIPO Decision: November 29th, 2016.

I'm just trying to point my finger on whats going on. Apologies if this is off topic.

Did the investors have a say in which names were invested in?

According to the WIPO complainant
In addition, the Complainant has submitted evidence in the Complaint that the Respondent currently owns numerous domain name registrations that contain or incorporate well-known trademarks owned by third parties.

Were the funds used to purchase other TM domains? I see in December 2016, another TM domain was registered. Does the fund take responsibility of this domain, or is there a way to differentiate BBW domains from fund domains?

@Keukatodd - Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere, but when did you invest in the fund? And when did you request a withdraw?

•••
I think those names would be used for their over average ppc to create parking revenue for this fund.

As we know this industry is very expensive, and needs extensive capital, and sell thru is very slow, hence needing fresh money all the time. The well must have gone dry, as who is to stop these funds from being used for personal expenses as often times these things happen. This is why theee funds are usually audited, but this was a namepros special, the mods knew this was playing with fire.

When newbies see all these badges, they get a sense of confidence, and let their guard down, for quick access to riches. Kind of like those infomercials, that offer big returns.

Last edited:
•••
Why is @baseballworld restricted.. the guy with the most likes on NP!
Member i o w a d a w g is #1 in likes, not baseballworld, but we don't recommend anyone use likes as a safety metric.

this was a namepros special
There has never been a connection to NamePros other than it being 1 out of 1,000,000 threads on NamePros. We don't tell anyone what to buy or what not to buy, and we never endorsed anything regarding his sales.

If the terms of a deal are not honored, then we get involved and take action, like we did in this case. His marketplace access has been removed and his account is restricted. We can't predict which deals will and will not complete successfully, but we could become the first 100% safe platform in the world if we could. ;)

If there's anything else we can do to help, please contact our customer support team.

Thanks,

Edit: Replies to this post continued here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1043823/

Last edited:
•••
Member i o w a d a w g is #1 in likes, not baseballworld, but we don't recommend anyone use likes as a safety metric.

Good point. But it's still hard for people to disassociate such status / stats. I think what @Haris was trying to say was the guy was on the notable member page (for both posts and likes) for such achievement.

Both the most likes, and most post notable members page is limited to 20 members, thus some people may strive to reach that coveted stature, and in the mean time, may hold extra respect for these notable members. Statistically speaking, the feat (to some) is inherently hard to ignore when consider they rank in the top 20 of over 1 million members...

upload_2017-10-3_22-36-24.png

upload_2017-10-3_22-29-19.png

VS Most posts (default tab in /members)

upload_2017-10-3_22-32-24.png

I like to believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I'm not saying there aren't those who are owed money, but has it been concluded that BBW has no intentions of repaying those who are requesting payouts?

•••
The mugshot stuff is old and probably illegal to use now. The bothersome thing though is a history of what appears to be theft. It could land him in prison if the monies totaled a thousand or more and the group decided to press charges....
I would shake it off and get on with life if it's a worst case scenario, if there's legitimate reason for no contact and it turns out nobody has been fiddled then great. I hope for all involved it's the latter and not the prior...

•••
I am a former USMC

Respect!

The mugshot stuff is old and probably illegal to use now.

Thank you for bringing that part up. I want to remain sensitive to the victims, but when I saw that Mugshot.com link I was a little thrown off. I didn't say anything because IDK if the nature of the alleged crime (theft) is relevant to the alleged theft case present here. With that said, there is a large disclaimer on MugShot.com that reads all are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Thus, if you're going to refer to it as a criminal past, it might be important to confirm or deny his innocence.

I mention this because last month a well known member in the domaining community was spreading my mugshot.com report from when I was 17. I wrote about Mugshot.com on NamePros last year, and explained the arrest was for an unpaid speeding ticket. Yet, this big name domainer recently went around privately and publicly stating that arrest was felony in nature, and IMO used it to discredit me by falsely labeling me as a felon. Last year, @OnlineDomainCom wrote a piece on Mugshot.com and the comments reveal some interesting info. http://onlinedomain.com/2016/03/25/video/mugshots-com/

Last edited:
•••
Some states are cracking down and actually banning the use of and availability of mugshots online.

•••
Respect!

Thank you for bringing that part up. I want to remain sensitive to the victims, but when I saw that Mugshot.com link I was a little thrown off. I didn't say anything because IDK if the nature of the alleged crime (theft) is relevant to the alleged theft case present here. With that said, there is a large disclaimer on MugShot.com that reads all are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Thus, if you're going to refer to it as a criminal past, it might be important to confirm or deny his innocence.

I mention this because last month a well known member in the domaining community was spreading my mugshot.com report from when I was 17. I wrote about Mugshot.com on NamePros last year, and explained the arrest was for an unpaid speeding ticket. Yet, this big name domainer recently went around privately and publicly stating that arrest was felony in nature, and IMO used it to discredit me by falsely labeling me as a felon. Last year, @OnlineDomainCom wrote a piece on Mugshot.com and the comments reveal some interesting info. http://onlinedomain.com/2016/03/25/video/mugshots-com/
I never declared that the member was guilty or innocent of a crime! In fact, I never even said anything about such a matter nor did I tie my post with that link to any proper person or thereof. I posted a public document for instructional purposes only!

Last edited:
•••
I never declared that the member was guilty or innocent of a crime! In fact, I never even said anything about such a matter nor did I tie my post with that link to any proper person or thereof. I posted a public document for instructional purposes only!

Not saying you did. But you brought the record into scope, without much of a description. Regardless, this is out of scope to the current review right now.

Has anybody tried calling or emailing BBW? Is it confirmed that he is OK? Or is it confirmed he is now avoiding people? I'm still confused of the timelines. When did you request your money back? And what was his response?

Have all members in the group deemed this to be a scam? Or are there some who have full scope? Is there a group chat or something central regarding the group? (maybe I should reread the initial investment thread before commenting further)

Last edited:
•••
Not saying you did. But you brought the record into scope, without much of a description. Regardless, this is out of scope to the current review right now.

Have all members in the group deemed this to be a scam? Or are there some who have full scope? Has anybody tried calling or emailing BBW? Is it confirmed that he is OK? Or is it confirmed he is now avoiding people. I'm still confused of the timelines. When did you request your money back? And what was his response?
I will reply with all requested info tomorrow. I need to sleep as it is 4:20 A.M here in NY. Darn jetlag from Seattle anyway......

•••
I was also part of this "group" as I paid Baseballworld $200. I received $4 in August :)
I'm not sure if he is a scammer, there's a chance he just screwed this up and now he doesn't have the guts to tell the members that he burnt the money and no money and/or domains left.
Anyway, I always thought that this $200 investment is highly speculative and I can lose it, so it's not a big shocker. Of course, it would be great to get at least a portion of this payment back...

•••
there's a chance he just screwed this up and now he doesn't have the guts to tell the members that he burnt the money and no money and/or domains left.

I did a reverse WHOIS on some of his domains, and notice a lot of 2018 expiration dates. So while the fund may be dry, it (or he) doesn't appear to be lacking domains. Maybe he NEEDS a sale to honor those who are requesting their money back? And until then is laying low? Without knowing the full story, I question how he is doing, and hope the reason for no response isn't due to an unrelated tragedy.

•••
I did a reverse WHOIS on some of his domains, and notice a lot of 2018 expiration dates. So while the fund may be dry, it (or he) doesn't appear to be lacking domains. Maybe he NEEDS a sale to honor those who are requesting their money back? And until then is laying low? Without knowing the full story, I question how he is doing, and hope the reason for no response isn't due to an unrelated tragedy.
I also hope he's okay, regardless of what he did or did not...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back