IT.COM

Review ShareYourAuthenticator.com

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,
I recently had a situation at work where I had a demo/test account log in that enforced multi-factor authentication but needed to be shared across multiple users. I thought about sharing the set-up QR code for people to set up on their phones, but then if we had to change it it would've been hard to get everyone to do it.

I tried to get our IT to help set something up but it was too much of a stuff around.

I found a few online services to facilitate team MFA/2FA but none were free and I didn't want to jump through the hoops of getting an expense approved.

So I set up this website instead. https://shareyourauthenticator.com

Keen to know your thoughts:
  • Did you understand how to use it?
  • Do you think there is anything else that can be added?
  • Any other comments you have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay! I will gladly review the site for you :D

• Did you understand how to use it?
    Yes but I think that there should be a flex box under the form with a proof-of-concept / tutorial video embeded.
  • Do you think there is anything else that can be added?
    You could add additional articles / content for security, mainly to fluff up the index and internal links.
    I could suggest looking into i18n as a future roadmap.
  • Any other comments you have?
    Nothing major.

My thoughts: When I was making my password generator, one of the things that I made sure was to include everything, including the javascript, onto the single page and have it make 0 external networking calls. This was to ensure that no data was leaving the site AND let anyone audit the javascript that the page had/plan to execute.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back