Dynadot

Revenue drops too much with Bodis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kesen

Established Member
Impact
Do you have the similar situation?
I did not do any changes with my domains parking in Bodis, but the revenue seems dropping too much.
Ps, I have 2 accounts there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3rd day in a row, my several clicks bring $0.00 in revenue. For names that generally used to pay nicely.

•••
3rd day in a row, my several clicks bring $0.00 in revenue. For names that generally used to pay nicely.
That's curious. I wonder if more folks on the forum are getting these "zero clicks" nowadays?

•••
That's curious. I wonder if more folks on the forum are getting these "zero clicks" nowadays?
we will get here and there too. they are mostly bots or invalid clicks.

•••
Hi

some stats from bodis:

jan. 2023 ctr 23.5% / epc $0.26
jan. 2022 ctr 10.7% / epc $ 0.38
jan. 2021 ctr 10.6% / epc $0.57
jan 2020 ctr 10.7% / epc $0.38

note,
total rev for jan 2023 was higher than jan 2022
where the increase in ctr made the difference.

imo...

•••
I have such domains with clicks but no revenue, domains without clicks and have revenue.
It's not worth parking better to concentrate on developing and selling.

•••
we will get here and there too. they are mostly bots or invalid clicks.
Hi

some stats from bodis:

jan. 2023 ctr 23.5% / epc $0.26
jan. 2022 ctr 10.7% / epc $ 0.38
jan. 2021 ctr 10.6% / epc $0.57
jan 2020 ctr 10.7% / epc $0.38

note,
total rev for jan 2023 was higher than jan 2022
where the increase in ctr made the difference.

imo...

Jan. 2023 - 0,21$
Jan. 2022 - 0,32$
Jan. 2021 - 0.22$

•••
Jan 2023: 18.5% / $0.2 / $30.7
Jan 2022: 19.2% / $0.3 / $47.2
My portfolio is losing 36% on EPC.

I don't have significant statistics for the previous years.

Last edited:
•••
It's already February, but there is no sign of recovery.

•••
It's already February, but there is no sign of recovery.
And there will be no recovery.
Google will not show your parking empty "sites" in search results.
Read about Google core update December 2022.
Your business is dead

Last edited:
•••
Your business is dead
Would you happen to have a link to this?

•••
Google about "Google core update December 2022"..
There are 2 updates - and see both dates, the same dates all of you Lost your traffic and PPC value

•••
5.12.2022 and 14.12.2022 and then they improved something in January 2023.
All these - core update 2022 related to spam links and not informative content.
For sure most of you Lost your traffic 5.12.22, then 14.12.22 and then again in junuary 2023

Last edited:
•••
For sure most of you Lost your traffic 5.12.22, then 14.12.22 and then again in junuary 2023
Might this be may be good news for individuals like yourself, if you provide some regularly updated content on your websites? Likewise, for actual content writers, this may be great news?

And this might "throw down the gauntlet" for those scallywags and scoundrels doing backlink manipulation and other nefarious SEO actions. Google's AI tools appear to be hard at work at this point, to perhaps improve both the content and the integrity of the web.

Maybe this will negatively impact the ad-parking, but hopefully it will have some significant other ramifications.

•••
Might this be may be good news for individuals like yourself, if you provide some regularly updated content on your websites? Likewise, for actual content writers, this may be great news?

And this might "throw down the gauntlet" for those scallywags and scoundrels doing backlink manipulation and other nefarious SEO actions. Google's AI tools appear to be hard at work at this point, to perhaps improve both the content and the integrity of the web.

Maybe this will negatively impact the ad-parking, but hopefully it will have some significant other ramifications.
You mean selling and buying links is bad. But Google makes the same thing offering you buy rank from them!
So, why if I sell or buy links is bad thing but when the same thing does Google is good?
What is Adwords? The same thing! You pay to appear in search results. Do you think Google does care if your site is good or bad if you pay them for the rank? No!
Pay attention to YouTube ads! Each 3rd ad is a scam offering to follow the link and invest in a platform "recommended" by Elon Musk, Shell, Bill Gates, etc... And Google doesn't care all these ads are pure scams...
If you pay a blogger to get a backlink, according to Google is a criminal and rank manipulation, but if you pay Google for the same, this is a legal business,,,

•••

Better content? Are you kidding? With all these AI bots, now will appear a billion websites per day with no truthful information. Even if you are using ChatGPT, you must know about the topic you are trying to order from the bot. And not always the content is really useful and truthful

•••
You mean selling and buying links is bad. But Google makes the same thing offering you buy rank from them!
So, why if I sell or buy links is bad thing but when the same thing does Google is good?
What is Adwords? The same thing! You pay to appear in search results. Do you think Google does care if your site is good or bad if you pay them for the rank? No!
So you're saying that you don't believe there is any attempt here to actually place more value on the quality of the content. You may be very right. Thanks for sharing your perspective. You have had much experience in the ad arena, and your opinion matters.

•••
Your business is dead

u meant biz will go down
not dead. some make 4 and 5fig per month... maybe 6 too... u think they gonna let free money go cause it drops by 20%... or even.50%

•••
With all these AI bots, now will appear a billion websites per day with no truthful information
As a side effect, "exact match" domains may now become much more valuable. The endusers will find that the results of a search on "Visit California" (made-up example) are mostly nonsense, and will directly type VisitCalifornia .com as an alternative... OK, the time will tell.

•••
u meant biz will go down
not dead. some make 4 and 5fig per month... maybe 6 too... u think they gonna let free money go cause it drops by 20%... or even.50%
Slowly but It Will go down.. Google will not show empty sites in search results.
Traffic from referals still will work, but organic one will go down..
Just think from the point of view of Google, why they Will show your site without content in first 10 or more Pages?

•••
Slowly but It Will go down.. Google will not show empty sites in search results.
Traffic from referals still will work, but organic one will go down..
Just think from the point of view of Google, why they Will show your site without content in first 10 or more Pages?

the smallr guys will gradually just stop parking... why bother for 50 per month..... but I'm sure it will take years b4 those who now do 4 or 5 or 6fig per month quit parking.. and b4 bodis or park crew close biz. surely u arent saying bodis will close biz in a year... which your statement that parking will be dead for all would imply.

•••
the smallr guys will gradually just stop parking... why bother for 50 per month..... but I'm sure it will take years b4 those who now do 4 or 5 or 6fig per month quit parking.. and b4 bodis or park crew close biz. surely u arent saying bodis will close biz in a year... which your statement that parking will be dead for all would imply.
Not sure about "slowly"... Google can remove all traffic from one day to other.. your site can generate 20k daily for years, and one morning you wake up with only 10 visitors.
Google changes can affect the site inmediately.

•••
Google can remove all traffic from one day to other.. your site can generate 20k daily for years, and one morning you wake up with only 10 visitors.
Sad but true.

•••
Not sure about "slowly"... Google can remove all traffic from one day to other.. your site can generate 20k daily for years, and one morning you wake up with only 10 visitors.

true..but I'm still getting parking will die a slow death... not a fast and instant one.

•••
true..but I'm still getting parking will die a slow death... not a fast and instant one.
If tomorrow Google will add some new rules against the domain parking practice to its next update, the parking will die instantly, at midnight.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
But why is there no change in total traffic, just drop in RPM?
The ones you're talking about should be parked domains that rely on Google to get traffic, not TYPO

Last edited:
•••
Back