IT.COM

question Results of NamesCon 2020 (Sept)?

NameSilo
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
I missed the online auction as I had something urgent come up. Had my eye on a few domains and thought that if they didn't sell, I would contact the owners for a follow up to see if they would accept an offer. However, there seems to be no way to see what sold and what the highest bids were for those that did not sell.

If you were following the auction and have any data, please post below what the sales prices were or if not sold, what the highest bid was for each domain.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stupid question from me.

Forgive me. But .....

"Had my eye on a few domains and thought that if they didn't sell, I would contact the owners for a follow up to see if they would accept an offer. "

Does this normally happen. A lot?

What I mean is people list domains at big auction events not for the purpose of getting sold since most have unrealistic reserves and never get sold.

Do the watchers of these domains naturally or predictably eventually contact the domain owner to make an offer based on the results of reserve auction.

I mean if the reserve is $10,000 but the highest bid came it at Max $500. Is it natural for that domain after unsuccessful auction to receive inbound offers. Like $500 or $1000 or $2000 but not the reserve $10,000?

Never thought about this tactic.

I wonder though what percentage of buyers and sellers use these techniques to get more views on their domains?

I've been trying to get more exposure for my domains without paying for advertising.

Free like listing a domain at a major auction is definitely a great option from the looks of it.

What do you think?

And why doesn't Names on provide the results you are looking for? Don't you just simply contact Monte? He's very accessible. Always picks up his calls. Why not give that a try?

•••
Stupid question from me.

Forgive me. But .....

"Had my eye on a few domains and thought that if they didn't sell, I would contact the owners for a follow up to see if they would accept an offer. "

Does this normally happen. A lot?

What I mean is people list domains at big auction events not for the purpose of getting sold since most have unrealistic reserves and never get sold.

Do the watchers of these domains naturally or predictably eventually contact the domain owner to make an offer based on the results of reserve auction.

I mean if the reserve is $10,000 but the highest bid came it at Max $500. Is it natural for that domain after unsuccessful auction to receive inbound offers. Like $500 or $1000 or $2000 but not the reserve $10,000?

Never thought about this tactic.

I wonder though what percentage of buyers and sellers use these techniques to get more views on their domains?

I've been trying to get more exposure for my domains without paying for advertising.

Free like listing a domain at a major auction is definitely a great option from the looks of it.

What do you think?

And why doesn't Names on provide the results you are looking for? Don't you just simply contact Monte? He's very accessible. Always picks up his calls. Why not give that a try?

T be honest it's not a tactic I normally employ as a buyer. There was a particular domain I liked but the reserve was to high for me. I thought if someone bids hugh enough they derseve the domain if not, I can make my offer.

Last edited:
•••
T be honest it's not a tactic I normally employ as a buyer. There was a particular domain I liked but the reserve was to high for me. I thought if someone bids hugh enough they derseve the domain if not, I can make my offer.

What about as a seller? Not just you but as whole in the industry. What do you think? I'm realizing it lately this is what people are doing to get eyes on their domains which otherwise would cost them big bucks via paying for adds.

I still have a lot to learn years into this domaining thing.

If one is a seller and is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this domaining endeavor.

This technique of listing domains at auctions with unrealistic price reserves makes sense to me now.

I always wondered why people do this if in the end it ends in failure.

I did not realize that for the sellers there was good hope that buyers would reach out after the auction if the domain did not sell at reserve.

Seems to happen like clockwork.

I think you've given me ideas with your post. Thanks.

Hope you find the info you are looking for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back