IT.COM

status-resolved "Restricted" account status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
What's the newer one I see from time to time? "Restricted (85-100%)" or something like that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Previously, there were account statuses such as "Market Restricted" and "Restricted," but they did not provide much detail to the severity of the restriction.

We're in the process of updating the statuses to be more detailed.

For example, "Restricted (85-100%)" is an account with significantly more restrictions on it than a "Restricted (15-30%)" account. As such, we recommend even more caution in regards to 85-100% restricted members.

We hope that helps.

•••
Honestly .. I know you likely tried making something less confusing .. but it's really more confusing.

More importantly, having market restricted was a good idea because it show someone can't be trusted when it comes to money.

As much as some of the "bad behaviour" by some members annoy me, and that I think some should be banned when it comes to totally lacking respect for the community and the actual forum itself, it isn't as serious as someone backing out of a deal or something financial (or even theft in some cases). So I think the distinction was a good one. Maybe you could have kept it the old way, but have the badge link to an explanation?

•••
"Market Restricted" was never removed.

However, there is still the issue of when a member has multiple restrictions, only one restriction can show in the user title. We need to develop a custom solution to show all restrictions on an account. Until then, it's based on severity to decide which one shows. As you said, "Market Restricted" is considered more severe than "Restricted" because it often deals with money.

It's a work in progress. :)

•••
OK .. kinda hard for us to comment anyways since we can't really see much from our side. Was just surprised to see a 85-100% turn to completely unrestricted overnight .. but again .. the most important thing is that the marketplace rule breakers be clear (although I'm guessing most of the real thieves and cheaters use new accounts anyways .. which I know you guys work hard to track .. but obviously it's impossible to find them all .. but that's a different topic anyhow, and I don't think anyone can blame NP for the lack of making an effort at tracking down such infractors .. you probably find a lot more than most think :))

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey Mr.Mod

I am planning to upgrade to gold account, Before upgrading I would like to know the status of my account? like if it is restricted when will that restrictions end?

Thanks

•••
Note: Multiple accounts are not allowed if any of your accounts have active restrictions.

I am planning to upgrade to gold account, Before upgrading I would like to know the status of my account? like if it is restricted when will that restrictions end?
Yes, we can help you with that information, but you may want to discuss it privately with us by creating a support thread at the following link:

We look forward to helping you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back