IT.COM

question Reset the authorization code after domain purchase from another user !!??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
If you are buying domain from another user through BIN or Auction, will the authorization code automatically changes once its in your domain account or the authorization code for the domain still remain the same even after transfer?

If it will remain the same, I guess we need to reset the authorization code after every purchase....
Is that a best practice that you follow normally?
Or as long as the transfer lock is enabled, its not going to make any issues?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are buying domain from another user through BIN or Auction, will the authorization code automatically changes once its in your domain account or the authorization code for the domain still remain the same even after transfer?

If it will remain the same, I guess we need to reset the authorization code after every purchase....
Is that a best practice that you follow normally?
Good evening Leo,

Logically, I'd imagine that the auth code is not generated until the button is pressed so the auth code today will be different to tomorrow and if the button was pressed in 4 months time. In over 4 years of domaining I have never once heard anyone say that they have 'changed' an auth code.

If you're still worried, I'd maybe double check with your registrar.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, it changes. While at the same registrar; some registrars don't, some do it at an specific interval and some allow you to update the code at request.

In short: a new EPP code will be generated at the gaining registrar after the domain is transferred.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Good evening Leo,

Logically, I'd imagine that the auth code is not generated until the button is pressed so the auth code today will be different to tomorrow and if the button was pressed in 4 months time. In over 4 years of domaining I have never once heard anyone say that they have 'changed' an auth code.

If you're still worried, I'd maybe double check with your registrar.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Good evening Reddstagg,

Great. Thank you!
Seems I was too worried about that. And transfer lock is ON as well. So shouldn't be a problem.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, it changes. Whike at the same registrar; some registrars don't, some do it at an specific interval and some allow you to update the code at request.

In short: a new EPP code will be generated at the gaining registrar after the domain is transferred.
That's good. I was thinking if I had to do it manually for all the domains. I am going to skip it.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back