IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] - Logo needed for online Q&A community ($50)

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
*IMPORTANT note for entrants -- please do NOT write the name of my site in this thread; I'm trying to keep this thread from being crawled/indexed by search engines.*

Type of Contest: Logo design
Prize: $50
Contest End Date & Time: Tuesday June 14th, 11:59pm EST

The name of our site is:
oktext.jpg

It's an English expression that means to share information freely, or to "lift the veil" and reveal what's behind the curtain. Here's a full definition. (A 'kimono', for those who don't know, is a japanese garment.)

Size Requirements: I don't want to give an exact size/shape since I don't want to constrain your creativity; but this will be the main logo for our website and will appear in the traditional upper-left location so it should probably be rectangular. Use 500x200 as a guideline, but reasonable deviations from that are fine.

Color Requirements: We've been using BLUE as the color scheme to this point, but you don't have to.

Additional information:

You have a lot of leeway regarding creativity. Just some ideas, in no particular order:
- I gave the meaning of the expression above, so you can try and incorporate the essence of openness / transparency
- You can incorporate a picture of a kimono, but you certainly don't have to (Here's a basic clip-art image, or you can find/create your own)
- Or your entry might just be a stylized version of our site name.

It's completely up to you -- I've been impressed with the talent/creativity in this forum in the past.

I will provide fast and frequent feedback to any and all entries!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks, all, for your submissions.

Our favorite is this submission by nguyen:

n1.jpg

We really like that kimono image, but please remove the white hand. Two items, however:

1) Is it possible to change the color of the kimono image? Can you make it a dark purple, or a dark red?

2) We don't really like the font. Here is the font we like:
n2.jpg

Can you please show us what it would look like with that font, with the letter "O" peeking out from the kimono. So show us a dark purple and dark red kimono image with the font above, and we will pick one and name you the official winner.

Thanks a lot for all of your work, and thanks a lot to all of the other entrants, especially dlight: we liked your design too.

•••
Here my revision:
openK6.jpg

Thanks!

•••
Thank you very much, Nguyen. The first picture looks more like dark blue than dark PURPLE like I asked, but it's not that important.

But if I could ask, can you please send me the vector file of the kimono (both with and without the text), and also include instructions on how to change the color with Photoshop or something? That way I can experiment with colors on my own and won't have to ask you to keep revising.

Please also send me payment instructions. Scorpion, you can close this contest. Great work, all.

•••
Files sent, payment received, thankyou for exciting contest!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back