IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] Dualism Logo - $50

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Contest

Prize : US$50

Contest End Date & Time : 7/20/14 @ 11PM EST. I might pick a winner before then.

Size Requirements : I need something that works on a website and is scalable for marketing materials.

Color Requirements : classic black & white colors, grayscale, or your choice. I willing to consider any colors.

General Requirements : Dualism is the division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspects, or the state of being so divided.

I am looking for something based on the yin and yang circle. It can be either the classic black & white colors, or a color palette / concept of your choice.

Additional Information : The logo either needs to contain the term "Dualism" or "Dualism.com"

This text can either be in the foreground of the circle, outside the circle (below - straight text), or in an outer ring around the circle (either above or below - curved text). I am open to whatever looks the best.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another Concept
the letter "d" resembled in YinYang Design
for further changes please post a reply
Dualis.jpg

•••
There's a 15-second timeout on the proxy. If your site is too slow, uploading them as attachments will work. We may allow HTTPS links to bypass the proxy in the future.

Actually, it seems to have nothing to do with an image's hosting server being slow, and is related to the client's bandwidth speed. I'm on DSL downloading a movie, and when I try to load the page, almost every image is broken: http://i.imgur.com/HHKVy3b.png

•••
Actually, it seems to have nothing to do with an image's hosting server being slow, and is related to the client's bandwidth speed. I'm on DSL downloading a movie, and when I try to load the page, almost every image is broken: http://i.imgur.com/HHKVy3b.png

Thanks, noted. I'll look into that. (Sorry, back to logos)

•••
•••
Is the contest over?
This contest has passed it's deadline and has ended. The Contest holder is probably looking through designs to make a selection.

Good Luck Everyone :)

•••
Just wanted to update this thread.

I am considering various designs and will pick a winner shortly.

Thanks,
Brad

•••
•••
Sorry the content got posted twice

Last edited:
•••
I'm going to step up and say what other people are probably thinking....and what should have been said already IMHO.

It's just a little bit disrespectful to request that designers participate in your contest, just to pull a no show. When I take time to design for a contest, I do it for the enjoyment of design first, not the money, especially when the contest is only 50 dollars (only 37 euros where I am), but what I expect in return for participation is at least the consideration of the contest holder to behave as if they appreciate our efforts in trying to come up with something that he or she likes. Please be responsible and respect us as professionals and respect the rules of this website or don't bother throwing a contest.

•••
I'm going to step up and say what other people are probably thinking....and what should have been said already IMHO.

It's just a little bit disrespectful to request that designers participate in your contest, just to pull a no show. When I take time to design for a contest, I do it for the enjoyment of design first, not the money, especially when the contest is only 50 dollars (only 37 euros where I am), but what I expect in return for participation is at least the consideration of the contest holder to behave as if they appreciate our efforts in trying to come up with something that he or she likes. Please be responsible and respect us as professionals and respect the rules of this website or don't bother throwing a contest.

The design contest "Abandonment Rule" kicks in after 10 days, so he still has a day or so to choose. He ran the contest for only 5 days when the max is 10, so I'm not too worried about it. Plus Brad is a reputable NPer.

Last edited:
•••

I am not sure how I have disrespected anyone honestly.

I am working with a partner on this, so I need his feedback as well. I have given some feedback during the contest. I was also out of town all of last week and only recently started reviewing these again.

I will have a decision in the next 24 hours.

Brad

•••
The contest end date was the 20th. I was told by a moderator that contest holders have "7 days to select a winner as outlined in the contest rules". It's now the 29th.

•••
Abandoned Contests

"We understand that sometimes things happen in life and you can't get online for some reason, so we have set the abandonment time to 7 days from the time of contest close date. In the event that a contest is abandoned, the contest holder will receive an infraction and lose the ability to hold a contest in the future."

Does this exclude VIP members? :-D. Look I'm not trying to be an asshole here, just callin it how it is. I didn't make up the rules...Nor did I participate in a contest to be left hanging. That IS disrespectful. It's probably a better idea to set a contest when you know you'll be in town to fulfill your commitments....amirite?

•••
Just sayin fellas, if the moderator doesn't speak up who will?? People think that designers pull designs out of their arses. It's actually a profession and so designers need to be respected like professionals! Would you like it if someone told you "I might be ready before the 20th" and 10 days later (and 2 days after the deadline) they're telling you "I don't know how I'm being disrespecful"?

Again, it may be only 50 bucks, but in principle, designers (and human beings in general) still deserve respect....

Last edited:
•••
Just sayin fellas, if the moderator doesn't speak up who will??
This member has a long history of successful business transactions & a few successful contests. They are aware of the rules just we are aware of situations that arise in life that could potentially detour one from accessing the internet. Weighing everything together in this situation I think that it's fair to give the member in question more time to gather the data they need to make an educated buying decision.

Every situation is a bit different. This situation is NOT an abandonment as they did make an effort to update the thread and explained what was going on. For that, we can be understanding and work with the member.

Thanks for understanding,

Eric Lyon

•••
He posted an update a week ago saying he would decide "shortly". Negligence and taking people for granted is when someone expects no one to say anything when he misses a deadline, just because he has a long history. Please consider that some new designers like myself may not know everyone here. I appreciate Dave coming around to eventually respond, but how many more days past the deadline would have passed if I hadn't said anything?? Even Joshny's messages were ignored. Speaking up was all he had to do. I felt a need to speak up because nothing was said after the deadline and I have no regrets. A professional attitude should be encouraged regardless of reputation, otherwise one's rep serves no other purpose than to mislead...amirite?

And again, I'm not trying to be an A-Hole...just speaking up and calling it as it is. Contest holders and Designers are on equal grounds and should be treated that way regardless of reputation.

I know it probably wasn't Dave's intention to disrespect anyone...but again, someone had to say something because how much longer would have passed if I hadn't?

Last edited:
•••
logo_862163_web.jpg

Not really keen to win as I am not a logo designer. Just thought I could take apart of this thing sharing my idea.

•••
NameFu you are right , according to the rules it is what it is, and had it been me or you running the contest we probably might have received an infraction, the fact that the only things that i posted were asking for updates was solely because of the reason that I know Brad completes his deals and he has been a member for quite some time.
I could have spoken up as well but did not feel the need to since I have seen Brad run successful contests in the past too, and he usually adheres to the deadline and I understand that it might have been a busy time for him but what I don't like is the fact that new members are not treated the same way as the old members.
I mean they are very understanding and liberal, and kudos to the namepros team for that, but there is a difference between how a member who's been there for the past 10 years and someone who's been there for an year is treated.
Having said that I know that the rules are made to keep transactions happening and since Brad has a long history of successful transactions so the rules can be bent a little since he would definitely uphold his part of the deal.

•••
Brad is a "Very Important Person" as it goes. He earned it and so he deserves it, no? But at the end of the day, rules should be respected by all parties because they are in place to encourage respect for each other, regardless of status and reputation....otherwise what's the point?

But what I'm realizing more and more about the domain industry is that it's a really tight nit group of individuals who have known each other for years. I caught a lot of crap for just saying something critical about one way that Domain Name Sales does business and people took it personal as though I was attacking Frank Schilling personally. It's like a cute little buddy network of old friends and admirers with dreamy "bro crushes". But that's a different story that I'm not going into right now (wrong thread lol).

Rest assured that at the end of the day, I could care less and have bigger fish to fry...

Last edited:
•••
I am going to go with Hayes as the winner.

It was a hard decision as there are several other designs I like as well.

Brad

•••
congrats on the win Hayes

Please remember to update this thread once you both confirm files / payment so we can close the contest :)

Thanks

•••
Payment received. Brad wants a revision or two, so will send files once they're done. You can safely close this thread... I'm not going to run with the cash.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back