IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] Dualism Logo - $50

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Contest

Prize : US$50

Contest End Date & Time : 7/20/14 @ 11PM EST. I might pick a winner before then.

Size Requirements : I need something that works on a website and is scalable for marketing materials.

Color Requirements : classic black & white colors, grayscale, or your choice. I willing to consider any colors.

General Requirements : Dualism is the division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspects, or the state of being so divided.

I am looking for something based on the yin and yang circle. It can be either the classic black & white colors, or a color palette / concept of your choice.

Additional Information : The logo either needs to contain the term "Dualism" or "Dualism.com"

This text can either be in the foreground of the circle, outside the circle (below - straight text), or in an outer ring around the circle (either above or below - curved text). I am open to whatever looks the best.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
g1N35N6.png

lBmMTG4.png

CUyaAd0.png

•••
•••
Here Is one Concept and then you will find around 10 or so color/font/angle variations of the yin/yang:

d1.jpg
d1.png d2.png d3.png d4.png d11.png d7.png
d7.png
d5.png
d9.png

Attachments

• d8.png
    d8.png
    856.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
•••
Some

d12.png

d6.png d14.png d15.png d16.pngd122.pngd6.png more

Last edited:
•••
THE Bottom image has some text variations that can be used in the images
d10.jpg

d6.jpg

Attachments

• text.png
    text.png
    55 KB · Views: 33
•••
•••
mockup1.png
dualism2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hayes (Post #18) - Can you turn the circle so the fat white part is on the top left so I can see how that looks.

I did try all the different angles during the design process, then chose my favorite. Here are the other variants so you can decide for yourself. To me, it is between the original, and #7. (edit: Actually, now #7 is my favorite after considering how a yin yang would spin leaving the tails, and also that the text is read in the same direction. You may need to visit this link to view them all since NamePros puts the images through a proxy that sometimes fails to load.

dualism.jpg

dualism2.jpg

dualism3.jpg

dualism4.jpg

dualism5.jpg

dualism6.jpg

dualism7.jpg

dualism8.jpg

dualismmockup.jpg

dualismmockup2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
SOMETIMES Words Speak Louder
And keeping this is mind
, here are some concepts which I thought might intrigue you
upload.png

tt1.png
tt2.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Logo 7.png
Logo 5.png
Logo 6.png

Last edited:
•••
You may need to visit this link to view them all since NamePros puts the images through a proxy that sometimes fails to load.

There's a 15-second timeout on the proxy. If your site is too slow, uploading them as attachments will work. We may allow HTTPS links to bypass the proxy in the future.

Here's a (hopefully) mathematically accurate yin-yang symbol that's in the public domain. (There are other variants, but that is the most well-known.) If you're working on a vector logo, you can use it as a guideline.

Here's another image from Wikipedia visualizing the geometrical proportions. Note that the most well-known Taoist version is actually a mirror image of this, but there's no truly correct orientation or direction.

Yin-yang_drawing_animation.gif

Above image: "Yin-yang drawing animation" by User:O'Dea - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Yin-yang_drawing_animation.gif

Last edited:
•••
I'd like to note that my the designs I made are in vector and that the brown color is optional.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back