Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks! Correct, it was listed like that by mistake. However there are additional problems with make offer.

Someone that sees your domain on Sedo might also visit the domain and offer you half the price if you have make offer there - and you might take it and lose the full sale price. So by having make offer on the lander, you are likely to undercut yourself.

Also, I've seen buyers searching on both Afternic and Sedo and looking for where the price is lower. And the lander as well.

Again if you are confident in your pricing you should set BIN only. I have BIN on Afternic, Sedo and Dan and I prefer to sell retail price only for the ones that are indeed valuable. My price, or feel free to come back later.

Edit: You can spot if you're undercutting yourself, if you deny all make offers and it get bought via BIN at Afternic or Sedo 30 minutes later, and this repeats, then yeah - most likely it was your Afternic/Sedo buyer looking for a better deal.

Hello, thanks for sharing
I also have two questions

01. If you use Afternic to list, Sedo lists and uses Dan's sale page,
Will this bring sales? If you do not use sedo to display the page, there will be no traffic

If you do not use their DNS, please use sedo
How to use their sale page

•••
Untitled.png

Yet another sale that just came in. Hold time, 3 months.

•••
taking some xxx offers. .slow start of yr for me..

operators...,.,org.,.,..,600$

this is old name.. bought on np for xx couple yrs back..obviously prev owner wasnt getting sale.. me just had few low offers

glad to make the roi

bodis..then dan...offer...no outbound

•••
wrld-sold.png

wrld-funds.png

Purchased: 10/2019
Venue: Namepros
Price Paid: $30 (Paid $20 plus $10 to renew) plus one renewal $8 = $38 investment

*I had it listed on Afternic for $4999. GD Broker emailed me a $2500 offer. I rejected and said 4k minimum. It was sold immediately for the 4k.

Here's where I had posted the acquisition in Snap Of The Day a little over 12 months ago.

Good sale for a .org. There are good deals here on NP.

•••
Show attachment 179343
Show attachment 179344

Price Paid: $30 (Paid $20 plus $10 to renew) plus one renewal $8 = $38 investment

*I had it listed on Afternic for $4999. GD Broker emailed me a $2500 offer. I rejected and said 4k minimum. It was sold immediately for the 4k.

Here's where I had posted the acquisition in Snap Of The Day a little over 12 months ago.

congratulations! :)

•••
Thank you God

Overall 2020 was my best year ever in sales

Seems like "Electric" is becoming my favorite/lucky keyword

Last year I sold ElectricCar(.)com for $180K

Ended December 2020 with Six fig sales month.

2021 started with a little bang.

B/e/E/l/e/c/t/r/i/c/./c/o/m for $39995

Purchase Price : $860

Hold Time : 13 Months

Sale type : Direct Bin sale (No Outbound. I never sold anything via Outbound till date)

My humble request to all please do not write name in the comment.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.38.08 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20210116_115437.jpg
Screenshot_20210116_114944.jpg

Hand Registered $2.99 - May 2020

•••
Thank you God

Sale type : Direct Bin sale (No Outbound. I never sold anything via Outbound till date)

Show attachment 179391
Damn Lucky! thumbs up pal(y)

•••
Thank you God

Show attachment 179391
Very nice. Congrats. Portfolio size?...

•••
taking some xxx offers. .slow start of yr for me..

operators...,.,org.,.,..,600$

this is old name.. bought on np for xx couple yrs back..obviously prev owner wasnt getting sale.. me just had few low offers

glad to make the roi

bodis..then dan...offer...no outbound

no fancy 6 fig sale for me like our friend above hehehe.. but who does that anyway here.... well..but I did offer operators...io to buyer above for 200 and he took it... 2 renewals makes this just over 100 roi..but.. didnt get any offers..and dont wanna keep renewing an average tho cute keyword like this..

mind u if this went on expired auction on say park.,.,io it would prolly get 300 to 500 bids.. but parkio is bad ref point for any of this...

still may be worth to list some names u do not want on auction on dyna.. tho I do not think somehow yer names there on yer auction get same interest as expired names... I know weird huh

•••
Show attachment 179343
Show attachment 179344

nice... but let's all be clear...4l orgs are terrible sellers...avoid in general..yours was just a very exceptional abbreviation thingy with ideal tld for world too... gratulations.

•••
Sold my first name with Alter.com

illevia.com - $1099
Hand regged
listed for 2 months. Buyer first inquired in early December 2020.

The process with alter was smooth. The 10% commission sure is a treat compared to their competitors 30% fee.

Last edited:
•••
Domain: A/U/T/O/B/I/D/./N/E/T/
Sale Price: $400
Sale Venue: Sedo

Purchase Date: 10/2019
Purchase Venue: Namepros
Purchase Price: $11

•••
Domain: A/U/T/O/B/I/D/./N/E/T/
Sale Price: $400
Sale Venue: Sedo

Purchase Date: 10/2019
Purchase Venue: Namepros
Purchase Price: $11

Kind of underpriced...? Congrats anyway

•••
Yet another Jan daily sale:

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN. Hold time, 2.5 months.

•••
Some sales for December 2020 below. Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2021.

tectonic dot co ... $3000
BIN via Afternic

4ward dot co ... $1600
MakeOffer via DAN lander

onward dot cc ... $1250
MakeOffer via DAN lander

aspira dot co ... $1200
MakeOffer via DAN lander

highr dot co ... $649
BIN via Afternic

goship dot co ... $649
BIN via Afternic

flyr dot co ... $575
MakeOffer via DAN Lander

altezza dot co ... $280
MakeOffer via DAN Lander

- Portfolio is around 1800 domains at the moment (80% are .CO)
- I use MakeOffer and BIN at both Afternic and DAN (am using DAN landers)
- For anyone interested, a chat on ccTLDs:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ex...with-morgan-linton-and-nikul-sanghvi.1218334/
Just curio
Yet another Jan daily sale:

Show attachment 179449
Afternic BIN. Hold time, 2.5 months.
Congrats on a good January so far!!

•••
Congrats on a good January so far!!

My best so far, actually. Good way to start the year... wishing everyone here the same!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Screenshot_20210117-093248~2.jpg

afternic BIN $499
Purchase Price: 👋Reg + 1 Renewal
Hold Time: 1.5 Yrs

•••
[SELL-DOMAINS] .C/O/M sold for $70. Retail price was $125.
Purchase price - reg fee, hold - less than a year.
Direct sale.

•••
•••
how you know its Retail price?
I bought a domain at a wholesale price (reg-fee) , then added a markup (to cover costs and hopefully a profit) to set the retail price.

•••
Domain: S/w/a/n/k/y(.)eu
Sale price: 299 EUR (~$364)
Sale venue: Sedo
Purchase price: $0.99 (handreg)
Hold time: 3 months

I can't believe it. 3 sales in 4 days. This was truly a surprise, as I was thinking about leaving Sedo after a few weeks (as I had a .eu sale on Dan a few days ago, and I wanted to put my domains back there). Fortunately, I didn't take any action, so this domain could sell. I didn't even know what s/w/a/n/k/y meant, I had to look it up in a dictionary :) I'm very pleased with this sale, and Sedo's 10% commission is very nice. In addition, they finally started calculating VAT in a correct way (only after their commission, not after the total sale price). I guess I leave my .eu domains there.
Did you use sedo lander or just listed in sedo?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back