Dan.com
Namecheap
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales or purchases of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:
Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:
Seller:
Asking price:
Sale price:
Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: Featured listing
Seller: Me
Asking price: $950
Sale price: $830
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)
Purchase price: $25
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.
Domain name: ThatDomain.com
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction
Listing upgrades: N/A
Seller: Someone else
Asking price: N/A
Sale price: $60
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)
Purchase price: $8
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBarracksRob

Top Contributor
Impact
Just finalized the Sale of Gem.(xyz) for $18,200.

Received 2k offer on Dan this morning, negotiated for most of the day then the buyer messaged me via Twitter and asked if it was easier to chat on there which I said sure.

Ended up agreeing on 10k USD and 2 ETH ($4,100 each so $8,200) he’s a young serial successful entrepreneur that is coming out with a game changer tool for NFT’s.
I pushed the domain first as show of good faith and he sent payments via Coinbase.
Couldn’t have went any smoother and dealt with a nicer person.
I reg’d it on the drop about a year ago.
Good Vibes!🤟🏼

Congrats!!!!

And Thank You for sharing the story

I’ve been trying, to inform others of the relationship in with ETH and Decentralized names and xyz and everything else in between have and I get laughed it lol. A main key factor is the easy of buying/paying with it among other reasons.

Good for you! We done! Not surprised at all.

and yes most in Nft space prefer to us Twitter and other fluid forms of chat, myself included

Last edited:

Makbliss

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiasts
Impact
Congrats!!!!

And Thank You for sharing the story

I’ve been trying, to inform others of the relationship in with ETH and Decentralized names and xyz and everything else in between have and I get laughed it lol. Many the easy of buying/paying with it.

Good for you! We done! Not surprised at all.

and yes most in Nft space prefer to us Twitter and other fluid forms of chat, myself included
Thank you, appreciate it and agree 100%!

Greek23

Upgraded Member
Impact
m/o/m .xyz
Venue: SH
Price: $4k
Cost: $100 + 1 renewal ($239) Acquired on NP
Hold Time: 9 months or so

This sale happened at end of September, the name was approved for $12.9k and I had an offer of $2.5k, end user is supposedly a non profit and could only do $2.5k, I rejected this offer and a few weeks went by and they offered $4k, if renewal wasn't so high ($239 renewal), I would have kept it for another 7-8 months and then made renewal decision. I thought it was the right thing to do by allowing a non profit to have the name and hope it is put to great use (if they end up not being a non profit then it is what it is). I believe in paying it forward and everything else will fall into place, I took some of those proceeds and picked up mobiletech co ($26 acquisition) and it sold $2.48k in less than a week or so. Bottom line I felt like it was the right thing to do and it was a nice return for a name I acquired for $100.

On a side note, I experimented with 200 or so .xyz hand regs (.99 cents) and two three letter .xyz acquisitions on NP ($100 each and mom being one of them), I have renewed the other name for years to come and will wait for right buyer to come along (only standard renewal fee). I sold a .xyz last night for $100. I have learned a lot so far and hand regs are a tough niche to play in, but for some it works very well and can be lucrative. I will keep studying and learning each day to improve my domaining.

No further details.

Last edited:

deepak2512

Established Member
Impact
Just finalized the Sale of Gem.(xyz) for $18,200.

Received 2k offer on Dan this morning, negotiated for most of the day then the buyer messaged me via Twitter and asked if it was easier to chat on there which I said sure.

Ended up agreeing on 10k USD and 2 ETH ($4,100 each so $8,200) he’s a young serial successful entrepreneur that is coming out with a game changer tool for NFT’s.
I pushed the domain first as show of good faith and he sent payments via Coinbase.
Couldn’t have went any smoother and dealt with a nicer person.
I reg’d it on the drop about a year ago.
Good Vibes!🤟🏼
Great, that's a real confidence booster as finally saw someone else too selling a xyz for good amount apart from just one person who has been selling all the xyz's.

Last edited:

etruscan

Established Member
Impact
February 2021 drop reg

it was listed for $2199, buyer first offered 1000 and we closed at below price

no further details.

upload_2021-10-22_20-35-5.jpeg

iDat

Established Member
Impact
Sold last week, My first ever sale, and really happy with this one, the appraisals section told me it was worthless, but now I gained some confidence.

regged in june, so hold time ~~ 4months

Happy domaining everyone
Appraisals are never correct, whether bot or person.

Domains are worth what the end user willing to pay.

Nice sale, congrats!

Pierre Barnard

Top Contributor
Impact
View attachment 202690

Afternic BIN, hold time 10 months. Hand reg (not drop).

Edit: Had it at 1k+ for all this time, renew was approaching, discounted and one hour later it sold (no wonder).
Congrats! I would assume someone was watching / shortlisting it? Too much of a coincidence. Is this watching/shortlisting and option in Afternic or even DAN?

Impact
Congrats! I would assume someone was watching / shortlisting it? Too much of a coincidence. Is this watching/shortlisting and option in Afternic or even DAN?
AFternic Customer care dashboard has a field called watchers.
It is not available for us though.