IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 9.26.33 PM.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 6 months.
Was using Dan sale landers
Was an hangreg

Thank you @twiki (y)

•••
•••
Two Afternic sales came in last week. I'm pretty sure most of my domains have SEDO landers.

N/F/T // MUD in king $1475 BIN

A/X/E/L/O/R/D also in king for $499 BIN

Honestly, I am not sure what possessed me to handreg the mud domain. I was just tinkering with words one day after first learning about the NFT craze. This is the second nft+keyword I've sold and reported here. Hold time is I think 4 months.

The axe domain was interesting. There seems to be these places popping up around Florida where you can go and throw axes at targets while consuming alcohol... things like this have been booths at renaissance fairs for years but now people are renting stores in strip malls. I figured someone might want to be declared "lord of the axe throwers" so this domain would work. Got it a few months ago for I think $20. I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer had something entirely different in mind. I believe the domain can also be a surname.

•••
Untitled.png

Background: This is a valid domain that could be kept for longer, but the "script" term is not high in my list. I'm kind of meh on the niche. So I didn't want to renew it for years.

Anyway I already determined the right price would be 1k+ so I kept it there for 1 year. Dropped price at 788 in the last month, didn't sell, went into renewal. I renewed it. Couple days later it sold.

Someone was waiting for it to expire and got depressed when they saw renewed, and finally reached for their wallet. I see this all the time.

Hold time 1 year, Afternic BIN, drop reg.

•••
Show attachment 198910

Background: This is a valid domain that could be kept for longer, but the "script" term is not high in my list. I'm kind of meh on the niche. So I didn't want to renew it for years.

Anyway I already determined the right price would be 1k+ so I kept it there for 1 year. Dropped price at 788 in the last month, didn't sell, went into renewal. I renewed it. Couple days later it sold.

Someone was waiting for it to expire and got depressed when they saw renewed, and finally reached for their wallet. I see this all the time.

Hold time 1 year, Afternic BIN, drop reg.

so I'm correct this was not fast transfer..therefore some kind of local.afternic market bin? or if not fast transfer then it means it was thru their less extended network?

p.s. u make loads sales but u ever tempted to use make offrr to see if instead of 10x 300usd sales u can make 1x 3000usd sale? and if not tempted then why? just curious is all

Last edited:
•••
Alcy, you keep asking the same questions, Twiki has posted tons of sales and its obvious when it is fast transfer and when it is not......

•••
Two Afternic sales came in last week. I'm pretty sure most of my domains have SEDO landers.

N/F/T // MUD in king $1475 BIN

A/X/E/L/O/R/D also in king for $499 BIN

Honestly, I am not sure what possessed me to handreg the mud domain. I was just tinkering with words one day after first learning about the NFT craze. This is the second nft+keyword I've sold and reported here. Hold time is I think 4 months.

The axe domain was interesting. There seems to be these places popping up around Florida where you can go and throw axes at targets while consuming alcohol... things like this have been booths at renaissance fairs for years but now people are renting stores in strip malls. I figured someone might want to be declared "lord of the axe throwers" so this domain would work. Got it a few months ago for I think $20. I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer had something entirely different in mind. I believe the domain can also be a surname.

so happy see nft craze spill into domains profits.. i got none.. but domainers deserve to profit from every new hype and fomo... and just seems there is tons of rich clueless folk into nft stuff including domains..throwing around their ethereums like its pennies.

keep em nft sales coming guys

heck with all yer short hold times I'm thinking maybe its still not too late to reg a few.. or is it?

•••
Domain name: Cargo // (dot) // Finance
Sale venue: DAN (Sep 6, 2021)
Lander: DNS to DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: GBP 1,280 (USD 1,760)
Sale price: GBP 1,280 (USD 1,760)
DAN Fees: GBP 122.66 (9.7%) of GBP 1,267.20 (1% payment method discount)
Purchase venue: Godaddy (May 2020)
Purchase price: USD 71.99 + 1 transfer to PB
Details: hold time 15 months
Note: I never do any outbound

•••
Domain name: Cargo // (dot) // Finance
Sale venue: DAN (Sep 6, 2021)
Lander: DNS to DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: GBP 1,280 (USD 1,760)
Sale price: GBP 1,280 (USD 1,760)
DAN Fees: GBP 122.66 (9.7%) of GBP 1,267.20 (1% payment method discount)
Purchase venue: Godaddy (May 2020)
Purchase price: USD 71.99 + 1 transfer to PB
Details: hold time 15 months
Note: I never do any outbound

nice.. how many .finance do u have?

•••
nice.. how many .finance do u have?

Thank you. Still 12 .Finance in portfolio. Sold two ($2,700 and $1,760).

Last edited:
•••
Sold last week afternic BIN .
Purchased on feb 2020 from gd closeout .

cryptoad.PNG

Last edited:
•••

t N F T . o r g

- sold today for $903 via Afternic BIN
- registered for $10.60 with Epik
- hold time 5 months
- transfer complete

upload_2021-9-8_16-14-16.png

Last edited:
•••
Inbound Sales:

Learn//Lord,,,com
Price:$1488
Venue: Afternic
Reg'd on drop, hold time 3 months.
Dan Lander, buyer opted for Afternic BIN

Ignite//Tron,,,,com
Price: $299 BIN
Venue: Dan
Reg'd on drop, hold time 9 months, brandbucket reject.

Last edited:
•••
Flip.xyz sold for 27888 usd @Sedo
Guild.xyz sold for 19888 usd @Afternic
Loot.xyz sold for 19888 usd @Afternic
Creator.xyz sold for 19888 usd @DAN.COM
Increment.xyz sold for 4995 usd @GoDaddy
Tavern.xyz sold for 4995 @afternic
Settlers.xyz sold for 1495 @afternic

No further details please. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lift//Crew,,,com

Price:$1,288
Venue: Alter Marketplace
Reg'd at drop with 2 renewals, SH reject.

•••
HPKK.com Sold for $1,000 at Sedo. It is a BIN sales.

•••
Wow! What is this? I want to be like you when I grow up. This is supernatural. Lol.

lol
well all joking aside with sales like she posts here she does make 99% of other sales posted here and their sellers.. basically look like...well...amateurs

•••
lol
well all joking aside with sales like she posts here she does make 99% of other sales posted here and their sellers.. basically look like...well...amateurs
"AMATEURS KNOW THAT CONTRIBUTING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN CONTRIBUTING NOTHING."

"Because they have little to lose, amateurs are willing to try anything and share the results. They take chances, experiment, and follow their whims. Sometimes, in the process of doing things in an unprofessional way, they make new discoveries." .......

Or in this thread's case sales........

•••
Here is my September so far:
All are first year reg fee (discounted) and a few have 1 renewal

Defi |.| Live----------------------- Sold for: $4,000 - Sedo
Vibe |.| Capital------------------ Sold for: $650 - Sedo
Metachain |.| xyz--------------- Sold for: $500 - Sedo
Business |.| Enterprises------ Sold for: $250 - Sedo
Commerce |.| Solutions------ Sold for: $165 - Sedo
iGaming |.| Express----------- Sold for: $112 - Afternic

On pace to easily beat what I thought was a pretty good August

Last edited:
•••
11 month Handreg sold today on Dan.com nfts/dex.com $1150. Inbound. Buyer started with 300 , we agreed at the above amount.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 257
•••
•••
"AMATEURS KNOW THAT CONTRIBUTING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN CONTRIBUTING NOTHING."

"Because they have little to lose, amateurs are willing to try anything and share the results. They take chances, experiment, and follow their whims. Sometimes, in the process of doing things in an unprofessional way, they make new discoveries." .......

Or in this thread's case sales........

well..I dont wanna make new discoveries..I wanna make a whole bunch of 5fig sales like that seller ;)

no really its just remarkable and everyone knows it.

i read her interview just a day ago..forgot from when..i think she said 12k names at the time...now its like 20k names on her folio dan site...and 6k getting renewed ..that's only 60k in renewals and way more in sales.. so this strategy seems very profitable. of course with so many names with her..its a monopoly strategy that wont work for others.. simple math.

good on her to spot an xyz chance when others didnt.

Alibaba cloud.. whatever that is has xyz for ridiculous 18cent..so compare this to the 20 or 30usd rest of us moronic amateurs pay for our co and io..and she sure makes us look bad.. nhahah

I worked my butt off to get my 1st and only low 5fig sale then she posts 10 5fig sales in a row...god is not fair ;)

jk hey congrats dngear and hope u keep grabbing top namebio spots everyday for many days..cheers all happy sales.

p.s. I do wonder how her sales would look like all at makeoffer..cause even with bin..I dont think afternic puts xyz on extended network???

ps2.. being top seller I wish she post her annual sales ..compared to renewals etc..like some other top sellers have done detailed revenue and roi analysis. maybe is something she can consider for all to learn from @DNGear

ty

Last edited:
•••
еkа.еu
Price: €4000 (€3960 with 1% discount because buyer payed by bank wire)
Venue: Dan
Hold Time: 15 months

Was listed as BIN (€6200) + make offer. Got offer of €4000 after negotiation.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back