Dynadot
Namecheap
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales or purchases of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:
Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:
Seller:
Asking price:
Sale price:
Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: Featured listing
Seller: Me
Asking price: $950
Sale price: $830
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)
Purchase price: $25
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.
Domain name: ThatDomain.com
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction
Listing upgrades: N/A
Seller: Someone else
Asking price: N/A
Sale price: $60
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)
Purchase price: $8
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBarracksRob

Top Contributor
Impact
great high value sale on handreg.. can u share why u regged this and thoughts why it sold so high.. frankly I've no clue what it is referencing. ty

Thanks Alcy

Sure, here’s one from last year as well with the explanation. I believe I know whom enduser is and if I’m correct it’s a interesting mix of 2 Niches taking place, both which have a lot of $money in them, also (bank is grade A+ suffix keyword, when it fits)

Brandable
Hand Reg
Sold Afternic Fast Transfer
Held 8 Months
Payment Received Today
Net ($3,116)
View attachment 162452

And to answer your question...( See Below and or Simply Visit the Magic M/u/s/hroom thread here on NamePros)

Hi and thanks. So this is related to the "Magic Mushroom" niche "Psilocybin" is the main psychoactive compound in Psychedelic Mushrooms.

New treatment therapy is being developed and laws are slowly being changed. As for a Brand I thought Psilocybin + Psychedelic sounded GREAT and loved the word play...apparently I was not alone :)

Cheers

Last edited:

twiki

Top Contributor
Impact
Although July started out strong with a sale just under 5K, it ended up being somewhat slow.

Afternic:

I believe it is vacation related. It should pick up in the last part of August.

Edit: Where I live in Europe, everybody has gone in vacation. Sea resorts are full, I mean 100%. Prices have skyrocketed. Roads are blocked on Fridays and Sundays. Etc etc. Also many going abroad for the same purpose.

People been dying for some Covid timeout. It helps cleansing their brains.

I bank on them coming back refreshed and ready for action.

Last edited:

Makbliss

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiasts
Impact
99E01DF2-198C-4E31-9A45-9B42153226D9.jpeg
Just sold Metaintro(.)com for $2,999 on Dan, hand reg from 7/16.

twiki

Top Contributor
Impact
Another one in the same stream:

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 8 months. Hand reg. Landers at Afternic NS5/NS6

( see here the reason the $299 sales stream, if you haven't read it already )

Note: There's another one bought with different TLD, but I'm awaiting funds to clear first

Later edit: One interesting thing about 2-word XYZ is the type of domains that have sold.

This is very different from .co for example. I have a lot of financial and tech names, well unlike .co, none of that sold in xyz. But I'm selling all sorts of more generic, market level end-user domains like "happy//nation" and "cool//world" etc. Now that's really interesting.

Last edited:

alcy

Top Contributor
Impact
Another one in the same stream:

View attachment 197193

Afternic BIN, hold time 8 months. Hand reg. Landers at Afternic NS5/NS6

( see here the reason the $299 sales stream, if you haven't read it already )

Note: There's another one bought with different TLD, but I'm awaiting funds to clear first

Later edit: One interesting thing about 2-word XYZ is the type of domains that have sold.

This is very different from .co for example. I have a lot of financial and tech names, well unlike .co, none of that sold in xyz. But I'm selling all sorts of more generic, market level end-user domains like "happy//nation" and "cool//world" etc. Now that's really interesting.

nice... may I ask how many about u hold of xyz to get such regular stream of xyz sales...ty

Makbliss

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiasts
Impact
Congrats..

your domain sold for $2,999 in 36 monthy install, when do you get full paid?
after 36 month? or buyer/DAN Pay you every month? thank you
It's just monthly payments, no full payment or lump sum, that's the whole point of these installment deals.

Greek23

Upgraded Member
Impact
a/p/l/e/n/d/i/n/g .com
$999
After BIN
GD Closeout
Hold Time: 2 months

I liked the ap prefix and lending is popular keyword, priced it for $2500 at AN, dropped it to $999 and sold in two days, maybe could have got more, but it was one of the first domains I purchased after doing the hard work of listening to podcasts and upgrading the quality of my names. This is my highest .com sale ever in domaining. It isn't XXXX yet, but still learning an upgrading my portfolio.

On a side note, I had this pointing to DAN and had not changed the price to reflect $999, I had it priced originally at DAN and got a $100 offer and then dropped to $490 and once Fast Transfer became eligible on name, I lowered price on Afternic from $2500 to $999 and it sold, so next time need to check prices across domains more frequently. Lot of details in this post, but this community is amazing.

Last edited: