Dynadot

Renewed names with Epik 10 days ago, still not renewed.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

akapap

Impact
What happen to epik? I renewed domain names on 4/4/23 and my credit card was charged on the same day. All of the names has not renewed yet. They still show going to expire. Inv# 12830458

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Hi @akapap

I concur with what @bmugford said above. Furthermore: at this point, be extremely cautious when doing any business with Epik. More and more members on this forum are reporting that they are transferring their domains away from Epik to another registrar.

Good luck.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Do a chargeback with your credit card company and request epp codes from epik. Remove invoice number too, its irrelevant and no epik staff are responding

•••
I think I have some sort of explanation - not good though.

I've just renewed three domains through Epik, All coming up to their renewal. (didn't want to risk transferring out while due) The domain on its due date renewed immediately, the other two, a couple of days away from their due date, are not showing as renewed 24 hours later, even though all on one paid invoice

It looks like Epik are holding payments pending their actual due-date. this would be a method of holding some cash in a simple delayed renewal tactic

NOT Pleased, everything has to come out of there Now

Last edited:
•••
Damn it! Just sold a domain on Epik.. Guess my money will never arrive :S Going to transfer everything out of that sinking ship. Thanks for the alerts on this forum! Read them a few days to late in my case but hoping others will be duly warned!!!! Good luck

•••
I paid to renew 10 domains and a month later nothing. Their customer service stopped replying. Epik is a scam.

•••
I paid to renew 10 domains and a month later nothing. Their customer service stopped replying. Epik is a scam.
Not good news I'm sorry to say. But I can confirm, the following is the sham delayed renewal process that Epik is currently following.

* If you renew a domain either on or past it's renewal date. It will update and the new expiry date will show plus one year.
*If your paying for a renewal that is Not currently due (even if it's just a few days) Then the domain will show as being updated (whois) on the day of payment But, No update on the expiration date will show on your account or anywhere else.
*This process happens even if you bulk renew with various expiration dates on the paid invoice. These will then be renewed in turn as they become OVERDUE by one-day.

What can you say apart from it is probably chaos at Epik at the moment. If you do receive a reply from Epik about renewal payments made. It will just inform you that you are in a renewal queue. Of course this creates the awful situation where you are checking that renewals actioned each and every day.

We can guess that Epik is trying to show more Cash-in-hand than is the true case, They are clearly also struggling with cash-flow. To my mind it's just a matter of time before this company collapses. Either that or its license to operate withdrawn. It's all a false accounting exercise with the clients paying the price. Don't expect any advanced renewal payments to be credited if and when the company goes under, is my warning. Any advance payments will just be seen as recoverables by priority creditors.

Anything held as Masterbucks is going to face the same fate

Last edited:
•••
apologies deleted post,

Last edited:
•••
Just transfer out all your domains, don't renew with Epik, from my recent experience, your domain is unlikely to be renewed on time, if ever.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back