Dynadot

Renewal costs .energy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddfenton

Established Member
Impact
Why are some renewals so expensive? Like .energy is over $70. What is the logic of that? It stops sales. Are they just trying to retire the TLD? Like .sucks is close to $300.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • Some NGTLD's are really expensive:xf.smile:

•••
yeah this is sad site of .energy

•••
Greed often produces flawed business models.

•••
Only the best few keywords to go with the extension are even worth it due to cpc and renewal there is just no scale that allows any room unless sold instantly.

Last edited:
•••
Why?
Greed often produces flawed business models.

Well, that's a given, but there must be some justification. Either renewals are being discouraged to keep a smaller, unique, pool ... or its being phased out? I'd like to think it signifies value - but I don't see them being sold. I've been holding onto 5G.energy ...

•••
Private owners, they don't have massive registrations, so much ask more for each domains across the board, it's a for profit business. I suggest you email the owner of the tld directly and ask them these point blunt questions.

•••
Peanuts compared to .reit, at least $1,000 to register and renew.

•••
look at .bond

Last edited:
•••
just wait, .com will be there one day too

•••
Last edited:
•••
They are perhaps targeting Powerful End users!

Endusers having confidence on their Business models might buy such expensive tlds if the name along with the extension suits their Business in a perfect way.

Last edited:
•••
That is a GREAT idea. My gut feeling is the goal to narrow the market as there was probably a glut on purchasing .sucks tld's. Still, It doesn't make sense to preen them for a specialty buy -- is anyone purchasing .sucks? Namebio lists one in 2016 for $300.

•••
Also, I have been going to Namebios to check on sales of expensive TLD's. Not many listed. And if they're private sales, periodically I'll check to see if TLD's are developed. Generally not. So, is this "warehousing," as is gold and cash?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back